The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Msc Advanced Chemical Engineering at Imperial College

I'm a final year BEng Chemical Engineering student, I've applied for Msc Advanced Chemical engineering at Imperial and currently I'm on a lower first (73.1%) ... I have no work experience :frown:! Is it likely that they will accept me ? Their requirements state that you have to get a higher 2:1 or 1st class, but I've heard a lot of people saying that if you don't have an average of 75% and above, Imperial won't even consider you... I hope it's not true
Original post by KayKakes
I'm a final year BEng Chemical Engineering student, I've applied for Msc Advanced Chemical engineering at Imperial and currently I'm on a lower first (73.1%) ... I have no work experience :frown:! Is it likely that they will accept me ? Their requirements state that you have to get a higher 2:1 or 1st class, but I've heard a lot of people saying that if you don't have an average of 75% and above, Imperial won't even consider you... I hope it's not true

Hi,

Did you get an offer from Imperial? I'm considering applying next year but I wanna know how strict they are on the grade entry requirements. Do you know anyone who got in with a high 2:1?
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Hey,

I am in the same position. I am currently on a 2:1 but I have some great industrial experience. But I want to know if it is even worth me applying? Did you get an offer from imperial in the end?
Reply 3
Original post by Sabrina09
Hey,

I am in the same position. I am currently on a 2:1 but I have some great industrial experience. But I want to know if it is even worth me applying? Did you get an offer from imperial in the end?

Yes I ended up getting an offer :smile:.

Congrats!!

So would you recommend I apply if im on a high 2:1 and not a first? What do you think my chances are? Also did you have an interview?
Reply 5

Hey, what is chemical engineering like?
Reply 6
Congrats!!

So would you recommend I apply if im on a high 2:1 and not a first? What do you think my chances are? Also did you have an interview?

Yes, definitely apply. Mention that you have industrial experience in your personal statement. And no i didn’t get interviewed
Yes, definitely apply. Mention that you have industrial experience in your personal statement. And no i didn’t get interviewed

Thank you for quick responses! Sorry just one last question; how quick were they in responding to your application?
Thank you for quick responses! Sorry just one last question; how quick were they in responding to your application?

How was it at imperial college? Did you get accepted ? How fast did it take them to reply to you ?
Guys I have got offered to do an MSc in Imperial but they asked for 75% .... I am currently on around 73.5% how likely would I get given a place if I do end up getting a First but not a 75% ???????????????????
Original post by The crazy guy
Guys I have got offered to do an MSc in Imperial but they asked for 75% .... I am currently on around 73.5% how likely would I get given a place if I do end up getting a First but not a 75% ???????????????????

Help me !!! I am on 73.5% will Imperial even consider me if I end up getting a first class and not exactly 75% ???????????

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending