The Student Room Group

Withdrawal from uni in the second term?

Hi,

This may seem like an overdone thread, but I really need to seek confirmation in my case. I want to drop out of university to come back to my country and study there instead. As an EU student, I haven't taken any grants or maintenance loan.

Let's say I drop out halfway through the term. Would I have to pay some of the installment back? Or do I repay it on normal terms, when I start earning above the threshold of my country?
Original post by Tokarief
Hi,

This may seem like an overdone thread, but I really need to seek confirmation in my case. I want to drop out of university to come back to my country and study there instead. As an EU student, I haven't taken any grants or maintenance loan.

Let's say I drop out halfway through the term. Would I have to pay some of the installment back? Or do I repay it on normal terms, when I start earning above the threshold of my country?

Do you mean the tution fee loan? if so it's just when you reach the threshold.
Reply 2
So Student Finance won't force me to repay some of it straight away? I've read that you are liable for 50% of the loan when you are in second term, but if you drop out early, do I start repaying it like I would if I finished the course?
Reply 3
Original post by claireestelle
Do you mean the tution fee loan? if so it's just when you reach the threshold.

Bumping this thread, this is really important for me.
Hi Tokarief

If you only had a tuition fee loan you would only repay this if you are working and earning over the threshold for the country you are living in.
We would not ask you to repay this straight away.

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending