The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by domaths
Nah the one that's explaining my offer while the picture deteriorates

i before e :wink:

(That's awesome!)
Original post by timb1999
I received an offer for Law from Fitzwilliam college. Can someone tell me a little about the college?

Congrats! I ended up getting an offer from Trinity for Classics, but my second college interview was at Fitz. It seemed like a really nice college - everyone was laid back and super friendly, so don't worry I'm sure you'll fit in just fine :wink:
Original post by SteamboatMickey
Got a good luck card from my physiotherapist :colondollar:

Did they include a nice meassage?

:getmecoat:

#DadJokes
Original post by jneill
Did they include a nice meassage?

:getmecoat:

#DadJokes

Hahahaha!! :lol: Nice one, Jneill!
Original post by vincrows
If you were re-interviewed, the decision would probably take a bit longer.
They have to finish all re-interviews before they come to decisions. :wink:

does this mean the college has to finish reinterviews for all the subjects, or just for your subject?
Original post by somebodyelse98
does this mean the college has to finish reinterviews for all the subjects, or just for your subject?

Depends
Sometimes they want re-adjust the number of acceptable places between a few subjects, depend upon the strength of their candidates.

You're Selwyn right? If so I think they had interviews going on yesterday as well, but that's it as far as I know, and I asked while I was there. The decisions will be made today according to my interviewers and we will most likely hear on Monday or early next week.

If you're not a Selwyn reinterviewee, ignore all of that as I'm not sure it'll apply elsewhere. But yes I think the interviews as a whole need to be over because there were people there for economics as well.
Original post by Gold-Confetti
You're Selwyn right? If so I think they had interviews going on yesterday as well, but that's it as far as I know, and I asked while I was there. The decisions will be made today according to my interviewers and we will most likely hear on Monday or early next week.

If you're not a Selwyn reinterviewee, ignore all of that as I'm not sure it'll apply elsewhere. But yes I think the interviews as a whole need to be over because there were people there for economics as well.

How did your reinterview go? :redface:
@vincrows last PM accidentally sent twice so ignore one of them when responding :tongue:
Original post by Gold-Confetti

yes I was reinterviewing at Selwyn for econ! Were you there yesterday or on thursday? Did they definitely say there were interviews on friday - I assumed they would just be on Thursday because they had the timings up on the noticeboard and there were already quite a few people that day. If you were there yesterday, were there people there for econ too??

I'm regretting not asking about the process now, I just imagined they would make the decision the day after and post the letters to arrive today.
Original post by Murray Edwards Admissions
I don't think many ATs will be in the office this weekend, though my admissions coordinator and Schools Liaison Officer are to help with interview logistics today,though they might be checking their email.

Feedback is something that takes a long time. Even if you spend as little as 20 minutes on each letter (re-reading the file, deciphering the interview reports and writing the letter), there are often around 150 to do, sometimes more. That's 50 hours work, nearly a week and a half of full-time work even if you did absolutely nothing else. Increase it to half an hour for a letter and that's 75 hours - two complete weeks of full time work excluding anything else that one has to do.

It's an important part of the process but people sometimes will have to be patient with it. :smile:

If you get in will you find out your admissions test score or information on your performance in the interviews
Original post by NeverLucky
I never said I left it hahaha

If you're lurking around, it's in the mesophere, then. :tongue:
Original post by Student1256
I think something helpful we could do is everyone can post their feedback (even feedback requested by successful students) they requested when it comes so it can help reapplying students not repeat mistakes, or emulate whatever successful applicants did.

Good idea! I'll post the idea on the Oxford one too.
Original post by SteamboatMickey
@vincrows last PM accidentally sent twice so ignore one of them when responding :tongue:

No worries.
I'm out in the town all day today, so will reply when I get home.....to one of them! :biggrin:
Original post by vincrows
No worries.
I'm out in the town all day today, so will reply when I get home.....to one of them! :biggrin:

Haha enjoy your day :lol:
Original post by fablereader
Good idea! I'll post the idea on the Oxford one too.

maybe we could have two master threads (one cam one oxford)
Original post by liziepie
How did your reinterview go? :redface:

Well I *felt* like it went really well. It didn't feel too easy, but I don't feel like I was out of my depth either. The interviewers were really cheerful and stuff. Really enjoyed the subject interview. General interview could've possibly been a little more fruitful I think, but it wasn't bad. A solid 80% of it seemed good, and it's not as important anyway I suppose. I guess we'll see whether it was any good or not when I receive the decision 😊
Original post by EvilScientist
GOT IT BOISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Natural Sciences at Fitz here we go

Congrats! :smile: Please do not use the knowledge you gain with evil intent! :biggrin: (Nice username.)
yes I was reinterviewing at Selwyn for econ! Were you there yesterday or on thursday? Did they definitely say there were interviews on friday - I assumed they would just be on Thursday because they had the timings up on the noticeboard and there were already quite a few people that day. If you were there yesterday, were there people there for econ too??

I'm regretting not asking about the process now, I just imagined they would make the decision the day after and post the letters to arrive today.

I was there on Thursday. I may have seen you actually, I spoke to 2 people there for econ. Where are you from?

Yes there were definitely people there yesterday too. I asked when I got my preinterview reading, and the guy said around 7/8 were scheduled to be there yesterday, although he didn't specify which subjects or anything. I think they must be interviewing the majority of those they fished by the amount of people there!

I didn't even ask- my interviewers told me automatically. Don't worry, I suppose it'll come in due course 😊
Original post by Xphoenix
Got my offer!!! Same day as my interview! Higher than the default offer but it seems like the case with everyone

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats!

Latest

Trending

Trending