The Student Room Group

I never get hangovers

So last night I went on a MASSIVE binge. Celebrating the big 18, I woke up still feeling a little drunk but like I was expecting a hangover with the headaches and body aches that people always talk about but here I am, fine. I've noticed I never get hangover symptoms but thought this would hit hard. Am I drinking right? Who knows, I'm gonna make the most of it. Anyone noticed similar stuff? When did you first start getting hungover?

I also discovered a talent I have, I can drunk text without making any big errors
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Yeah, I woke up drunk once and I had to go to college. The hangover slowly set in Chemistry. :s-smilie:
i ****ing get hangovers on the same night i'm drinking :bawling:
Reply 3
Original post by Nirvana1989-1994
Yeah, I woke up drunk once and I had to go to college. The hangover slowly set in Chemistry. :s-smilie:

My granddad always told me the best cure to a hangover is vodka but then again he was an alcoholic, although it did work. A shot, some coffee and some paracetamol and you're good to go.

Awww :frown: just when you'd think chemistry couldn't get any worse :tongue:
Reply 4
Original post by Zargabaath
i ****ing get hangovers on the same night i'm drinking :bawling:

That's me......:cry: :cry: I envy everyone else.
Original post by EC
That's me......:cry: :cry: I envy everyone else.

I used to never get hangovers as well, now I'm struggling at like 1AM, the struggle is real :cry2:
"Am I drinking right?" :laugh:

Do you always drink on a full stomach?
In between alcoholic drinks, do you drink water and non alcoholic drinks too?
Sometimes, even if you're drinking a **** tonne, if the alcohol % isn't high, it's easier for you body to process it

& Happy 18th! :woo:
Reply 7
Original post by Zargabaath
I used to never get hangovers as well, now I'm struggling at like 1AM, the struggle is real :cry2:

Maybe we're weaker now. We lost our drinking strength. :frown:
You can't have drank that much. Also you're 18, wait until you're in your 20s.
Original post by zayn008
My granddad always told me the best cure to a hangover is vodka but then again he was an alcoholic, although it did work. A shot, some coffee and some paracetamol and you're good to go.

Awww :frown: just when you'd think chemistry couldn't get any worse :tongue:

Haha, I like both ideas. :tongue:

Yes, it made it almost unbearable. :frown:
Original post by EC
Maybe we're weaker now. We lost our drinking strength. :frown:

Probably liver damage :lol:
Reply 11
Original post by sleepinglions
"Am I drinking right?" :laugh:

Do you always drink on a full stomach?
In between alcoholic drinks, do you drink water and non alcoholic drinks too?
Sometimes, even if you're drinking a **** tonne, if the alcohol % isn't high, it's easier for you body to process it

& Happy 18th! :woo:

I tend to gulp down water just in case I puke so it's not too gross, I also worry about looking like an alcoholic the next day so I try keeping hydrated. So that's probably the secret :tongue: drink water before, during and loads after. It makes me feel healthy then I remember with the alcohol it's literally just going in then out lol

I was going heavy on the spirits actually 😂 Could never get drunk on beer with all those calories yikes but I've noticed a huge difference between 6% and 4% beer

And thank you :biggrin: celebrated the actual day with 2 mocks so glad I made up for it haha :tongue:
Reply 12
Original post by Wilfred Little
You can't have drank that much. Also you're 18, wait until you're in your 20s.

I guess that depends on if you class like 8 shots and a few beers as a lot :wink: yeah that's why I said I'd make the most of it lol
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by zayn008
I tend to gulp down water just in case I puke so it's not too gross, I also worry about looking like an alcoholic the next day so I try keeping hydrated. So that's probably the secret :tongue: drink water before, during and loads after. It makes me feel healthy then I remember with the alcohol it's literally just going in then out lol

I was going heavy on the spirits actually 😂 Could never get drunk on beer with all those calories yikes but I've noticed a huge difference between 6% and 4% beer

And thank you :biggrin: celebrated the actual day with 2 mocks so glad I made up for it haha :tongue:

haha, yeah hangover's are to do with dehydration - so it's a good habit that you tend to drink water while drunk :lol:

So that's your secret to no hangovers!
Original post by zayn008
I guess Depends if you class like 8 shots and a few beers as a lot :wink: yeah that's why I said I'd make the most of it lol

I've never been into spirits but I wouldn't say that's a crazy amount, definitely not if it's spaced out over 5/6 hours or something.

Happy birthday by the way.
Reply 15
Original post by sleepinglions
haha, yeah hangover's are to do with dehydration - so it's a good habit that you tend to drink water while drunk :lol:

So that's your secret to no hangovers!

Shh :shh::shh: i think it kills the buzz though so I hide it or else people will say I can't handle it :laugh:
I've never had one either. And trust me I've been in some states, but next morning feel fine every time.
Lucky you. I definitely can't relate lol
Original post by fergijane88
Lucky you. I definitely can't relate lol

course the scot comments
18 here, don't get hangovers either!
Although now I think about it I almost always drink water whenever I get back from wherever I've just been so 🤔 that makes sense.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending