The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Rejected two days ago and it's only hitting me now:frown:
Original post by thebelljar98

:frown: judging from your username were you an English applicant?
Original post by JenniferSaunders
Got rejected from Queens' for Linguistics. Absolutely gutted but I knew it was coming, the exam was a killer! Onwards and upwards to look forward to Leeds!

Sorry to hear. :frown:
Original post by Infested
:frown: judging from your username were you an English applicant?

Yes. I was expecting to get rejected as I felt my interviews (particularly the general interview) were terrible. I didn't really 'click' with the tutors and felt I didn't express myself as well as I could have. Disappointing after the effort that goes into the application procedure but hoping to go to Durham, Edinburgh or KCL now and maybe do a masters in Oxbridge in a few years. Trying to stay positive! :smile:
Original post by SteamboatMickey
maybe we could have two master threads (one cam one oxford)

That really should be done ...

:frown: :console:
Original post by fablereader
That really should be done ...

:holmes:
maybe we could have two master threads (one cam one oxford)

@fablereader

Or add the feedback to the existing commentaries on the Decisions "No Discussion" thread. That way the applicant's context is already clear.

There's already over 100 decisions there :smile:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4494572
:holmes:

Aaahhh!!! I arrive on this page of the thread, and your picture's different! Now I reload and it's different again! I keep on double-taking! (Some nice pics, though.)
Original post by jneill
@fablereader

Or add the feedback to the existing commentaries on the Decisions "No Discussion" thread. That way the applicant's context is already clear.

There's already over 100 decisions there :smile:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4494572

That's a Cambridge thread ... it literally says 'Cambridge' in the name. (Another good idea, though ... )
That's a Cambridge thread ... it literally says 'Cambridge' in the name. (Another good idea, though ... )

Yeah I know (I created it :smile: )

You should do one for The Other Place :smile:
Yes. I was expecting to get rejected as I felt my interviews (particularly the general interview) were terrible. I didn't really 'click' with the tutors and felt I didn't express myself as well as I could have. Disappointing after the effort that goes into the application procedure but hoping to go to Durham, Edinburgh or KCL now and maybe do a masters in Oxbridge in a few years. Trying to stay positive! :smile:

I think one of the big reasons why an Oxbridge rejection is always so disappointing is due to the effort put in. Think about it this way: if all you had to do was indicate your choice on UCAS, a rejection probably wouldn't affect you that much. Take that as a sign that the difference between Oxbridge and Durham, Edinburgh etc. isn't that pronounced in practice, but only appears so due to hype and reputation. Just focus on getting good grades and doing well wherever you go :smile:
Original post by jneill
Yeah I know (I created it :smile: )

You should do one for The Other Place :smile:

There's already one (though it's not a 'No discussion' one).

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4492312

Talk to @Plagioclase, he made the thread.
Original post by Infested
I think one of the big reasons why an Oxbridge rejection is always so disappointing is due to the effort put in. Think about it this way: if all you had to do was indicate your choice on UCAS, a rejection probably wouldn't affect you that much. Take that as a sign that the difference between Oxbridge and Durham, Edinburgh etc. isn't that pronounced in practice, but only appears so due to hype and reputation. Just focus on getting good grades and doing well wherever you go :smile:

Thanks! The rejection is starting to sting a little less already :smile: Time to go back to focusing on my college exams now:colondollar:

So just get people to edit their decision post on that thread so it includes the feedback when they get it?

I didn't make a "no discussions" thread this year because last year nobody really used it. A lot of people have posted their decisions in that thread though.
Original post by jneill
So just get people to edit their decision post on that thread so it includes the feedback when they get it?

I can notify them that they can do so ... how many will see the notification and how many will do it is another thing.
Original post by Plagioclase
I didn't make a "no discussions" thread this year because last year nobody really used it. A lot of people have posted their decisions in that thread though.

Indeed they have.
Original post by Plagioclase

Yes, I've been very surprised, and pleased, to see so many in this year's Cambridge thread. And the quality is really good.
Aaahhh!!! I arrive on this page of the thread, and your picture's different! Now I reload and it's different again! I keep on double-taking! (Some nice pics, though.)

It's about to change again! Yeah, I'm procrastinating my coursework by trying to find different Sherlock images. Trying to find one that looks the best and not too small or too pixelated. :tongue:

Latest

Trending

Trending