The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SteamboatMickey
Trying to find one that looks the best and not too small or too pixelated. :tongue:

Let us know when you are succesful.

:wink:
It's about to change again! Yeah, I'm procrastinating my coursework by trying to find different Sherlock images. Trying to find one that looks the best and not too small or too pixelated. :tongue:

Oooh, that one's great! (An an inventive way to procrastinate. :biggrin: )
Original post by jneill
Let us know when you are succesful.

:wink:

Think I've settled for one (for now now at least) :wink:
Went to go and do some coursework and the Sherlock radio advert for tomorrow came on :eek: someone doesn't want me to concentrate

It's a really good one. :smile:
Original post by fablereader
It's a really good one. :smile:

I'm a little obsessed aren't I? :holmes: just a little
Went to go and do some coursework and the Sherlock radio advert for tomorrow came on :eek: someone doesn't want me to concentrate

That is just - just - cruel!! (Also, now I want to rewatch the latest episodes of Sherlock. Thanks, you've spread the distraction.)
@jneill think that, whether or not I get an offer, I'm gonna stick around and help you on the other thread just tag me if there is anything I can help you with :biggrin:
I'm a little obsessed aren't I? :holmes: just a little

Maybe just a tad. :biggrin:

Oooo controversial. (I like it)
Original post by jneill
Oooo controversial. (I like it)

It's up there with my favourites (I love the abominable bride)
That is just - just - cruel!! (Also, now I want to rewatch the latest episodes of Sherlock. Thanks, you've spread the distraction.)

Honey should see me in a crown :crown:

if this thread was mine to spam it'd just be sherlock quotes and pointless historical factoids at this point :lol:

if this thread was mine to spam it'd just be sherlock quotes and pointless historical factoids at this point :lol:

Pointless historical factoid - the historian Plutarch reports that Caesar said 'alea iacta est' in Greek. :biggrin:

(Oh great, now I really want to read Plutarch. Again.)
(edited 7 years ago)
Pointless historical factoid - the historian Plutarch reports that Caesar said 'alea iacta est' in Greek. :biggrin:

(Oh great, now I really want to read Plutarch. Again.)

I love it omg :lol:
I love it omg :lol:

There's also the (possibly even more pointless) factoid about Romans drinking urine, but that's disputed, i.e. I think that, based on one source, they didn't, while the internet thinks 'Yes, they did.'
Original post by thebelljar98
Rejected two days ago and it's only hitting me now:frown:

Same. I was an English applicant too. So sorry you didn't get an offer. I thought I'd feel better after a couple of days but if anything I feel worse. I don't think I've ever felt this awful because it's a weird kind of awful. I feel proud to have even been considered for interview but it feels like Cambridge proposed to me and then told me on our wedding day at the altar that they didn't love me anymore (over-dramatic, I know). I'm having a huge existential crisis right now.

The worst part is that I think I know why I got rejected and it was literally one thing I said at the end of the first interview which I definitely shouldn't have said. The nervousness made me become WAYYYY too honest, it was like word vomit and I think it ruined everything for me. Before I was like "oh well, I tried my best and it didn't work out" but now, after this realisation, I'm like "it's literally all my fault, I've let everyone down because I couldn't keep my mouth shut for two seconds at the end like a fool and now I will suffer for my own stupidity and have this loom over me for the rest of my life". So yeah, everything's great!!! :colondollar:
There's also the (possibly even more pointless) factoid about Romans drinking urine, but that's disputed, i.e. I think that, based on one source, they didn't, while the internet thinks 'Yes, they did.'

That's the problem. That's one of the things that made me feel like I need to go into History because a lot of what we know is manufactured by media hyped 'fake' facts (i.e. based on little substance but sounds fun) and this is the 'image' of History that we carry with us, teach to our children, and forms - perhaps subconsciously so- but forms a part of our subconscious ability to judge the pst and judge others because these 'fake' facts aid the building of our subconscious framework of understanding i.e. the precedent we experience the world.

:holmes:
That's the problem. That's one of the things that made me feel like I need to go into History because a lot of what we know is manufactured by media hyped 'fake' facts (i.e. based on little substance but sounds fun) and this is the 'image' of History that we carry with us, teach to our children, and forms - perhaps subconsciously so- but forms a part of our subconscious ability to judge the pst and judge others because these 'fake' facts aid the building of our subconscious framework of understanding i.e. the precedent we experience the world.

:holmes:

*read*

*cry because yes, someone else understands*

Granted, I still have yet to thoroughly research the *bleep* out of this topic, so I could be wrong, but I will, because this is annoying me to hell!

(Oh, and my source is Catullus' poem 39, which is rather funny. For really funny, go to his poem 84.)

Whats your favourite pointless historical factoid?
Original post by liziepie
Whats your favourite pointless historical factoid?

Uh.............................................. its not very PG :colondollar:

Latest

Trending

Trending