The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Guys I have now started to work out more. It's for my own good as well as something good for her. Hopefully I will get abs, it will be after a long time but I'm determined to get fitter and look better. It's always worth looking good I guess. Thanks for the advice
Original post by Applepiex3
Yes, I would if my partner told me.

Apart from being respectful to one another, if one suggests to their partner how to improve themselves then it means that they both are very open to one another.

You want a partner who is able to tell you what to improve about yourself and for you to do the same towards your partner. Rather than have a suffering relationship where both of you can't express how you truly feel about one another.

If this is the case you're the only girl I've ever heard of that wouldn't breathe fire at the merest hint.
Reply 62
As others have said, working out is good just because it helps you stay healthy and in shape. But you should do it because you want to and not because your girls wants you to. You can suggest you could both start doing it together.

But thing is, if you have no wish to work out then she should be fine with it. You don't want to be with someone who just cared about your body.
Original post by Devify
As others have said, working out is good just because it helps you stay healthy and in shape. But you should do it because you want to and not because your girls wants you to. You can suggest you could both start doing it together.

But thing is, if you have no wish to work out then she should be fine with it. You don't want to be with someone who just cared about your body.

Yeah I am working out more now. It's not just because of her but because I want to improve and get fitter. I doubt she'd want to work out tbh, she already goes for a run every week and I don't really want to pressure her or anything.
Original post by Anonymous
Basically, me and my girlfriend have been going out for nearly a year and we started living together. I'm not a fat guy by any means- I'm of average build but I'm not that muscular. My girlfriend isn't muscular either but she is lean and has a good body (not biased)

The thing is that when we watch movies and tv and there is some Channing Tatum/Brad Pitt/Ryan Gosling kind of guy with a great body and abs, she always points it out and says what a great body they have. She's never told me to work out and get ripped but it's kinda clear that she would probably prefer me to be more built in terms of my upper body.

My question is: should I do it? Do girls actually find it a big turn on? Or is it just a small difference in terms of attraction? I am a tally considering going to the gym and putting some effort in to look better and get visible abs but it's a lot of work so I wanna know whether it's actually worth it? We're pretty serious now in terms of the relationship.

Do it if it's something YOU want. If you're just doing it to please here, no. You be you
Original post by TurboCretin
If this is the case you're the only girl I've ever heard of that wouldn't breathe fire at the merest hint.

Hahahaha I hope I'm not the only one :wink:
She likes you or she wouldn't be with you. She hasn't actually said she wants you to change. Perhaps you should call her out on what she says in the moment at some point and she will probably reassure you.
Yeah I am working out more now. It's not just because of her but because I want to improve and get fitter. I doubt she'd want to work out tbh, she already goes for a run every week and I don't really want to pressure her or anything.

Good lad, go for it
Original post by Trapz99
Good lad, go for it
thanks for the support, I've been working out for a week and a bit now and it's been great. I'm feeling better and look better and hopefully I'll look great after a while.
I just looked back on this thread I made a few months ago. Happy to say that I'm half way there- I'm working out regularly and the abs are starting to come through. I've lost a lot of body fat and look a lot better. I'm really proud of what I've achieved so far, my GF is so happy and proud as well. I would encourage anyone to work out and get some exercise, it improves your happiness and confidence as well as your health.
I just looked back on this thread I made a few months ago. Happy to say that I'm half way there- I'm working out regularly and the abs are starting to come through. I've lost a lot of body fat and look a lot better. I'm really proud of what I've achieved so far, my GF is so happy and proud as well. I would encourage anyone to work out and get some exercise, it improves your happiness and confidence as well as your health.

Nice to hear of this PROGRESS! Well done, I wish I could do this, very inspiring
Lol imagine the TSR outrage if a guy told his girlfriend to start going to the gym, so she could look like attractive women on TV.
Original post by Chief Wiggum
Lol imagine the TSR outrage if a guy told his girlfriend to start going to the gym, so she could look like attractive women on TV.

Tbh it's not the same thing, perhaps his girlfriend already looks fine
Original post by Ladbants
Nice to hear of this PROGRESS! Well done, I wish I could do this, very inspiring

Thanks!
Original post by Chief Wiggum

It is not the same thing, in my opinion
The make standards of beauty, such as being muscular, are more achievable than the standards for female beauty, such as breasts and bottoms.
Thing is, you can do crunches, planks and whatever to your heart's content and still not have a "ripped" six pack. Well you will, but you won't be able to see it for a covering of fat unless you're down below 10% - some a touch more, some less, everyone is different.
"Normal" fat for someone in their 20's, that is finished growing, is between 8% and 19%. Competition body buiders will be down to 3% to 6% which is frankly unhealthy.
Unless you're prepared to restrict your diet to that "enjoyed" by the showponies then you're going to be disappointed.
That being said, there's nothing wrong and everything right with any exercise and tightening up what you've got. As a starter for ten you could try the 5 Tibetans every day. Work up to 21 of these every day and you'll have abs of iron, whether you can see them or not :biggrin:.
NB: Many people do the first variation of Rite One as shown on the video.
Original post by Anonymous #1
Guys I have now started to work out more. It's for my own good as well as something good for her. Hopefully I will get abs, it will be after a long time but I'm determined to get fitter and look better. It's always worth looking good I guess. Thanks for the advice

how’s it going now? like gym/abs and stuff

Latest

Trending

Trending