The Student Room Group

CNN, BBC, Buzzfeed, Guardian are all FAKE NEWS

Scroll to see replies

Original post by john2054
who are MSM?

Really?

"MainStream Media", major TV networks and large newspapers.
Original post by joe cooley
Really?

"MainStream Media", major TV networks and large newspapers.

i agree that the mainstream media wet themselves when trump won.
You do realise that it was proved in America, a week or two ago, that Obama was not born in America, because his birth certificate was a sophisticated forgery? This was actually proved, my American friends tell me, so i wonder why this wasn't picked up by the UK media at all, huh???

You're actually an idiot if you think this. Source?
Even Trump has now admitted that Obama was born in the United States.
Original post by biglad2k16

try actually making friends with someone from America, and not just your school/college, okay?

I have already posted the video evidence...
try actually making friends with someone from America, and not just your school/college, okay?

I have American relatives, I have lived in America and I have American friends. Just because a few Americans that you know out of the 330 million Americans said that Obama wasn't born in America doesn't mean that it's true. There is no evidence that he wasn't born in the US. There are hospital records of him being born in Hawaii and there are school records of him attending school in Hawaii, all of which are more credible sources than your two or three friends in America.

Virtually all Republican politicians agree that he was born in the United States, even Trump has now admitted it. Joe Arpaio's '9 points of forgery' have pretty much been dismissed as nonsense.
(edited 7 years ago)
I have American relatives, I have lived in America and I have American friends. Just because a few Americans that you know out of the 330 million Americans said that Obama wasn't born in America doesn't mean that it's true. There is no evidence that he wasn't born in the US. There are hospital records of him being born in Hawaii and there are school records of him attending school in Hawaii, all of which are more credible sources than your two or three friends in America.

Virtually all Republican politicians agree that he was born in the United States, even Trump has now admitted it. Joe Arpaio's '9 points of forgery' have pretty much been dismissed as nonsense.

keep your opinions to yourself and i will keep mine.

People voted for trump, because they had had enough of obama's and the democrat's lies. Or maybe you are going to dispute this as well?
keep your opinions to yourself and i will keep mine.

People voted for trump, because they had had enough of obama's and the democrat's lies. Or maybe you are going to dispute this as well?

That's not my point. I support Trump. What I'm saying is that Obama was born in the United States. That's as much a fact as me being born in the UK and you being born in whatever country you were born in or anyone else.

And we live in a free, democratic nation. I don't have to keep my opinions to myself and neither do you.
That's not my point. I support Trump. What I'm saying is that Obama was born in the United States. That's as much a fact as me being born in the UK and you being born in whatever country you were born in or anyone else.

And we live in a free, democratic nation. I don't have to keep my opinions to myself and neither do you.

the videos i posted show a sheriff and other professional investigators, carefully revealing how his birth certificate is an exact copy from another baby's on the same day. This is not up for debate. All you have to do is watch the videos, and get off your silver stand
the videos i posted show a sheriff and other professional investigators, carefully revealing how his birth certificate is an exact copy from another baby's on the same day. This is not up for debate. All you have to do is watch the videos, and get off your silver stand

The sheriff's "evidence" has been declared as nonsense by most professionals. He's been saying this for years. He is known for having an extreme dislike of Obama, so may also have vested interests. I think you really are deluded, but that's just my opinion. Only the extreme right of he Repbulican party still believes this. The vast majority of people in American politics and federal investigators agree that Obama was born in the United States.
The sheriff's "evidence" has been declared as nonsense by most professionals. He's been saying this for years. He is known for having an extreme dislike of Obama, so may also have vested interests. I think you really are deluded, but that's just my opinion. Only the extreme right of he Repbulican party still believes this. The vast majority of people in American politics and federal investigators agree that Obama was born in the United States.

Did you watch the videos?
Original post by highlyf
This whole rhetoric that mainstream media are fake is complete garbage. These media outlets are heavily regulated and know that theyll lose all credibility if they make any accusations.

In terms of what you're saying, well in the case of number 1, the official report says otherwise and this is something that the Republican party, Democratic party, FBI, CIA, MI5 and MI6 are all in agreement with.

Number 2 is also false. The Media only quote legitimate independent sources when they try to predict the market. It's not false at all. It may end up being true, we havent even left the EU yet.

Number 3 is also false. Until all the evidence comes in, there is no way of verifying that at all. And once again, the media only reported on what other news outlets were saying, in this case Buzzfeed. False or not, it's yet to be confirmed and they have made it outstandingly clear that it may not be legitimate.

I think the people who claim mainstream media are fake are nothing but a bunch of anti establishment fanatics who've lost touch of reality. If you read these outlets youll find that they dont even show a huge amount of bias and also report well on the other side of the political spectrum too. Theyre regulated and professional.

And the anti establishment fanatics who tell us to stop reading mainstream media are often obessed with Breitbart, Infowars and the twitters of people like Stefan Molyeaux and Paul Joseph Watson who make completely fallacious and outright lies and yet people want to believe it because they suddenly seemed to have lost trust of everything around them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjFmOKqyWpE This is undeniably misleading intentionally. Which by any common definition is lying.

The OP's points are awful as they're either too political to be verified objectively or total matters of opinion but this doesn't change the fact media outlets do lie and do not cover the stories that are uncomfortable to their own personal beliefs.

I don't believe his section 2 part 1 (cutting the feed), no evidence that was intentional although the circumstantial evidence was strong. The rest of the facts in the video clearly show bias beyond just personal interpretation of the facts to the point of omitting them and/or lying.

Also his point about 'all the way from' is his personal bias showing no chill but again, the facts are all there.
Original post by serions871
They serve to protect the liberal metropolitan elite from being superseded by the will of the people. Trump won, Brexit won, yet they seek to delegitimise these movements by inducing fear among their viewers that somehow our countries are falling apart when they are really just being rebuilt from the rubble.

1) Russian hacking helped Trump- FAKE
2) Brexit will lead to market turmoil- FAKE
3) Trump did golden showers on prossies in Russia- FAKE

Learn that you're being lied to by #MSM. We, the hard working people of the Western world, are finally winning again and the elite media want to jeopardise this and make it as hard a ride as possible because they're passed off that they couldn't continue to rip us off. TRUE NEWS!
I'd like to point out that Radio 4's news is impartial and didn't say these things or anything else. It seems the televised news is awful though, and I won't watch it, whatever side it's on.
Original post by serions871
Weaker pound -> Cheaper exports -> more trade and more economic growth -> higher wages. Looks good to me!

Until...

Weaker pound --> Higher import prices --> Inflation starts to build in --> Real incomes fall --> Pensioners go hungry --> Foreign capital flees --> Industries go bankrupt --> Entire country turns into an economic wasteland.

Is that like the video that proves that the Roswell alien baby corpse was used to remodel the space shuttle and is now running China from Mars?
Original post by Fullofsurprises
Is that like the video that proves that the Roswell alien baby corpse was used to remodel the space shuttle and is now running China from Mars?

not that one!
The newspapers aren't fake news as they are heavily regulated however it is the televised news networks that frequently and unashamedly publish bias and fake news for political reasons, ( p.s Alternative new websites are't fake news if they give alternative views and opinions to published stories).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending