The Student Room Group

Obama's Presidency Vote

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jammy Duel
You mean the **** up after **** up in the middle easy isn't a blatant mistake?

And how partial is partially?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No it isn't. You have a tendency to label your misinformed posts as "sarcasm" when it's called out so it's not in my best interest to quote you more than once.

Anyways, withdrawal of Iraqi troops was a decision put pen to paper by Bush administration and the congress. The militant rampage in 2012-13 was only a matter of time. The Libyan intervention; US went in with the support of its allies with a UN mandate. Any exclusive criticism on Obama on this regard stems from bitterness. The civil war in Yemen is not Obama's fault. Weapon exports and military intelligence would always benefit the Saudi's no matter who the US president will be.

Obama rightly, called for no boots on the ground despite all the instabilities that plagued those countries - something you should be appreciating. Pretty much every terrorist organization "declared" war on US and the "West". Had Mitt Romney replaced Obama at the helm, you could potentially see a much bloodier Libya, Iraq and Yemen... or something similar.
Original post by TaintedLight
No it isn't. You have a tendency to label your misinformed posts as "sarcasm" when it's called out so it's not in my best interest to quote you more than once.

Anyways, withdrawal of Iraqi troops was a decision put pen to paper by Bush administration and the congress. The militant rampage in 2012-13 was only a matter of time. The Libyan intervention; US went in with the support of its allies with a UN mandate. Any exclusive criticism on Obama on this regard stems from bitterness. The civil war in Yemen is not Obama's fault. Weapon exports and military intelligence would always benefit the Saudi's no matter who the US president will be.

Obama rightly, called for no boots on the ground despite all the instabilities that plagued those countries - something you should be appreciating. Pretty much every terrorist organization "declared" war on US and the "West". Had Mitt Romney replaced Obama at the helm, you could potentially see a much bloodier Libya, Iraq and Yemen... or something similar.

You do realise that even the BBC doesn't try to defend the record in the Middle East? You're sat here trying to justify the dreadful US policy by saying "oh, everybody else supported it too" anybody with a brain (so that's most politicians out) could have told you that backing moderates in Libya would not lead to the moderates in charge, likewise in Syria, especially when it was only a matter of time until Assad got Russian backing. Everybody else being wrong too does not make it right.
Original post by yudothis
Race relations are visibly worse, but that's a good thing....

Yes of course. And the worse they get the better it is too.

Can't have folks from different races getting along with each other now, can we? :rolleyes:
Original post by jape
Well he's almost out, and unless he does something really good or astonishingly bad with pardons the Obama administration has effectively come to a close.

How do we think he's done?

Plus points:
* The passage of the Affordable Care Act
* Left Iraq
* Bin Laden dead
* Lack of high-profile scandals

Negatives
* Foreign Policy ineptitude led to more instability in the Arab World
* Race relations deteriorated and political polarization rose
* Slowest economic recovery since 1930s.
* Numerous incidents of government malpractice (ie Fast and Furious)

Not many there, I'm sure you know of more, but I'm trying to be as impartial as I can. Vote on your cellphones now.

Please do your research
-affordable care act good idea in its basic form, bad implementation
-left iraq and basically created isis
-bin laden dead another one arises, was so worried he left a general to take blame if it failed,
-several high profile scandals; campaigning for coloured neighbourhoods yet did nothing, campaigning for hillary even though she was savage to him in 2008 campaign, etc. look it up
Reply 64
Original post by rory.cohen42
Please do your research
-affordable care act good idea in its basic form, bad implementation
-left iraq and basically created isis
-bin laden dead another one arises, was so worried he left a general to take blame if it failed,
-several high profile scandals; campaigning for coloured neighbourhoods yet did nothing, campaigning for hillary even though she was savage to him in 2008 campaign, etc. look it up

ohmygod I wish people would read the thread.

I agree that Obama's tenure has been crappy. I was keeping the OP relatively even-handed in the hopes that the entire thread wouldn't just be replies to the top post.
Original post by astutehirstute
Yes of course. And the worse they get the better it is too.

Can't have folks from different races getting along with each other now, can we? :rolleyes:

Maybe you stop quoting out of context. Or not, because that's the only way you can have a point.
Reply 66
Maybe you stop quoting out of context. Or not, because that's the only way you can have a point.

That's not out of context.
A lot of americans think he was the worst president in the history
I'm quite right wing, let's face facts. but here's my attempt at an objective critique:

"pros":
1) "first black president" - but that's not even an "achievement". that's literally just a symbol of how american voters don't really care about race any more. you'd think that a *black* president would display this fact but, nah, some people like the BLM regressives keep insisting that the US state is institutionally racist despite all the facts
2) "left iraq" - yeah, way too ****ing LATE, and just as he came to office, he EXTENDED the war and made sure that bush's exit plan was never kept to. he ended up killing *more* innocent iraqis in an objective sense.
3) "killed bin laden" - nope. he just precided over the presidency as the special forces finished the job. the guy who *actually* "killed bin laden" was a guy called robert o'neill. and he happens to love bragging about it, funnily enough. and his girlfriend is stunning. who you ever guess why?
4) he was in office when the *supreme court* legalised gay marriage at the fed. level. well...he was pretty much firmly *against* gay marriage when he came to power. I'd say he is no poster boy for gay rights. not one bit. that rainbow flag over his mansion on the day of the decision was quite ironic...
5) "at least he was better that bush" - in what sense? I'd say he was exactly as bad.
6) loosened tensions with cuba - I mean big ****ing woop, any president could have done that. it makes total sense to do it and it's hilarious that this policy continued for the amount of time it did.

cons:
1) a token president through and through. it's got to be said
2) has a wife who will not shut the **** up. a president's wife who thinks she's a member of the government is like a professional plumber who has to bring his wife to work and tell him what to do just because *he* is a professional so that gives her a special status or some ****.
3) was hilariously wrong about trump. remember that joke at the president's dinner "at least I can actually say I'll be president *mic drop* etc" - well well well. looks like somebody has some ****ing words to choke on.
4) extended iraq. didn't leave iraq. lied.
5) didn't close 'gitmo' - lied, again.
6) his health reform was a politician's go at "reform". it was basically blair's attempt at lords reform.
7) a total pussy when it came to ukraine. and I'm not saying guns-blazing is the way to go at all. I'm saying he was bad *diplomatically*.
8) benghazi. either that was his fault or a certain secretary of state's. pick your poison.
9) awful for race relations. again, if people can say he was good for symbolic reasons concewrning his status as the first black president as they obviously do, then he was terribly for symbolic reasons here too. you can't have it one way and not the other.
10) stubbed the **** out of the UK. when he claimed that france (or israel) was america's "closest ally". kerry did it too, which is awfully systematic for this kind of thing. he also removed the churchill bust in the oval office.
11) tried to go to war with syria. I mean, what the **** happened to that dove of a president the people elected in 2008? in foreign policy they essentially elected a gorbachev.
12) yeah, like I said before: didn't support gay rights when he obviously needed to support it
13) "supported" (if you can it that) drug reform WAY too late. if at all.
14) to be honest, he really wasn't a very good public speaker. he just had a smoooov brotherly voice, but he constantly stumbles. "ummm..." "errrr....", "look, listen-....uhhh....." "eh.." "umm..." "well...umm", (and the famous:] "if if if if if if if if if -!!!!" etc. so we can put that myth to bed right now.
15) his ****ing wife oh my christ. obama, control her mouth. she thinks she's president. she thinks she's you - she's trying to share in your awful reputation.
16) quite an advocate of raiding the 2nd amendment.
17) "my administration will be the most transparent in history" - it's been the most opaque in *recent* history, I don't know about all time, but jesus. what an absolute lie!
18) tenaciously refuses to acknowledge the problem of radical islam - he and hilary won't even use that phrase.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Bob Latchford
A lot of americans think he was the worst president in the history

That's what i said, but now half of tsr has taken personal offence to it, i think because he is still the golden boy of the bbc!
Original post by john2054
That's what i said, but now half of tsr has taken personal offence to it, i think because he is still the golden boy of the bbc!

No if you speak out about their first black president your labelled as "Racist"

He was ****, In every area.
Original post by Bob Latchford
No if you speak out about their first black president your labelled as "Racist"

He was ****, In every area.

He had a nice family. That's probably the best thing i can say about him?

Hard to see how it is a "good thing" when lawless mobs riot, loot, kill and burn their own neighbourhood down.

Hard to see how it is a "good thing" when a trusting, vulnerable man with the mental age of a child is tortured on the internet because of his race.

But, please, feel free to share with the thread the "context" that makes them so.
(edited 7 years ago)
Hard to see how it is a "good thing" when lawless mobs riot, loot, kill and burn their own neighbourhood down.

Hard to see how it is a "good thing" when a trusting, vulnerable man with the mental age of a child is tortured on the internet because of his race.

But, please, feel free to share with the thread the "context" that makes them so.

The racial tensions are not one sided.
There's also the disabled black kid that was raped with a hanger and the poor guy beaten and arrested by police for 'stealing' his own car.
Original post by StrawbAri
The racial tensions are not one sided.
There's also the disabled black kid that was raped with a hanger and the poor guy beaten and arrested by police for 'stealing' his own car.

I totally agree.

The weak on both sides suffer, back and white, when racial tensions increase.

Which is why I pointed out how crass the other poster was in saying it was a "good thing" that race relations have "visibly worsened."
LOL, my post has been taken down but since it was quite important and hopefully effective enough to help some of you liberals wake up, I'm going to re-add the important part which adheres to all possible rules, without the added commentary:

To put it briefly, Obama has been a considerable failure and his party is in deep trouble thanks to his ineptness, yet you still seem to love him, which shows how disillusioned you are.
(edited 7 years ago)
hi
I farted
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Life_peer
LOL, my post has been taken down but since it was quite important and hopefully effective enough to help some of you liberals wake up, I'm going to re-add the important part which adheres to all possible rules, without the added commentary:

To put it briefly, Obama has been a considerable failure and his party is in deep trouble thanks to his ineptness, yet you still seem to love him, which shows how disillusioned you are.

TRUMPY

The early civil rights movement was all peaceful then was it?
The early civil rights movement was all peaceful then was it?

I think you need to do some research into the beliefs, life and achievements of Dr Martin Luther King Jr.

The success of the civil rights movement, and the reason, as its undisputed leader, he has gone done in history as one of the great figures of the twentieth century, is because he preached non violent civil disobedience.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending