The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 360
Original post by Sam679
according to UCAS my daughter has an pool offer but has not received any email or letter from either the college she applied to or the pooled one, anyone else in limbo like this?

That's great news. With over 13,000 letters/emails to send a few do get delayed. If she's a UK applicant then the letter should appear soon. It will be from the fishing college.

Congratulations to her (and you :wink: )
Original post by vinnie99
BTW, for people interested in how schools perform generally for Oxbridge, mine got 6 Cambridge offers and an Oxford offer, out of about 25 applicants.
So 1 Economics, 1 maths, 3 medicine, 1 theology, and then the other place got 1 biochemistry

We had 18 applicants, 12 Oxford, 6 Cambridge. Of those, 10 were interviewed, 3 got in - 1 Oxford (Maths) and 2 Cambridge (History and Engineering).

Not great to be honest, but better than last year's 6 applied, 1 Interviewed, 0 got in.
Original post by haeram
Hi! I'm another Queens' Lawyer (alongside @_thomasholmes who found me on twitter). Wonder how many more of us there are...

Look forward to seeing you guys this year :smile:

Yo dude! It seems we've met in 2 places now lol
Any gap year medics here? Are your offers conditional too? Is it because I have to provide them with a receipt of the criminal check? Didn't get my letter yet as I'm an EU applicant, but my track updated as a conditional offer.
Hi! I have an offer for Classics :smile:
Hey everyone, if you applied for maths there's an offer holders group with 70 members and counting! Come and join the party :smile:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/cammathmos2017/
Original post by CuriosityM
Me too! Hi! 😄

Posted from TSR Mob

Hey, nice to meet you.
hello everyone :smile: anyone else have an offer for medicine at trinity?
Anybody else got an offer for Computer Science, I haven't found anyone else yet
There's an official Cambridge offer holders Facebook group that you should try, there's a lot more people on there :smile:
Theology at Homerton here :smile:
It's... So beautiful...

Yeeeeeeaaaaahhh Boiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii.png
TRINITY HALL PEOPLE - https://www.facebook.com/groups/593271587541331/?fref=nf

Can confirm it's legit, set up by me and a couple of students who found each other in the CUSU group. No marketing lol.
Original post by Abstract_Prism
It's... So beautiful...

Yeeeeeeaaaaahhh Boiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii.png

:h::h:

(btw update ur ‘are my grades good enough for Cambridge post so everyone knows!)
Original post by lpendleton10

A fellow theologian - join the club! Congrats on the offer! c:
Reply 375
Original post by halldor
So, I got an offer for Economics at Peterhouse (terrific!) - but, it is conditional on a 7 in IB HL Further Mathematics, which I wasn't quite expecting for the subject (especially as seeing as how I was predicted a 6, and I'm taking it as my 7th IB subject, meaning it's not in my diploma). This on its own would be all right, but the trouble is that at my school, Further Mathematics is entirely self-taught, without any outside support. On top of that, we start it our final year (and 'we' in this case refers to me, as I'm the only student taking it my year), although it's supposed to be a two-year course.

I'm somewhat terrified I won't be able to meet the offer (although I anticipate 7s in every other IB subject). Any ideas/suggestions? Do you think it's conceivable I'd be able to go with a 6 in Further Maths given that 7s in 4 other HL subjects?

I'd say do your best I mean if you already informed them that you're self-studying further maths then I don't think they'll reject u come results day. but don't let this discourage you from doing the best you can! (I'm just a prospective so what I say may not count but :P)
Reply 376
Can't believe I can post here after my GSCEs but I got an offer from Sindey Sussex :biggrin:
Reply 377
are there no PBS'ers ? or anyone with an offer from Churchill? just a prospective so no offer or anything...(yet)
Original post by LouKayenta05
A fellow theologian - join the club! Congrats on the offer! c:

Thank you ! 😘

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lpendleton10

And me ! Look forward to (hopefully) meeting you ☺☺

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending