The Student Room Group

Trump compromised by Russian intelligence, reports say

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cashcash871
Interesting how you would talk about a post-truth world when you're the one saying these allegations against Trump, for which there are no pieces of evidence to support, are something we should take seriously.

That's not how intelligence works. In HUMINT, each such report will be accompanied by hundreds of pages describing each of the sources access, their reliability, their history, etc. The FSB obviously isn't going to just hand over the tape to give you evidence.

The point is that what we need is an investigation, and agencies like the National Security Agency and CIA have the sort of resources that would allow them to look into this.

But the deplorables are determined to dismiss this out of hand, not knowing whether they're true or not; they're happy to take the risk that it's true, they just want to deny, deny, deny with no consideration of the national interest and the gravity of these allegations if true
Original post by Ladbants
Trump is an American. He's not Russian smh

Were you confused by my comment? I'm happy to express it in simpler terms?
Original post by Fullofsurprises
There's something about being given media access that makes people go weak at the knees and lose their marbles. (Too many mixed metaphors?) RT handed Assange a satellite TV microphone and now he won't bite the hand that provides it under any circumstances.

There's also the gullbility factor to make one boggle slightly - RT isn't even particularly skilled as propaganda, it's way too obvious - Fox do a better job, as do Chinese TV - yet it's apparently sufficient to overwhelm many a Trot and turn them into tools of the Kremlin. Makes one wonder how bad things would get if they were actually good at it.

Awesome comment
Original post by AlexanderHam
Oh I don't know... having a conventional conservative as president rather than a Russian shill?

I don't see how that's a gain from a liberal point of view. Whatever Trump's faults, he's clearly better for many of the things near and dear to liberals than Pence. In any case, I wouldn't describe Pence as a conventional conservative - he's no Paul Ryan.
He's in hiding now because he knows that if he's right, the Russian intelligence services will kill him if they have a shot.

The difference between the miserable right and the sensible left is that out of partisan tribalism, you reject these allegations without knowing their veracity, and in so doing you're willing to take the risk that Trump is a Russian agent to gratify your own pathetic need not to admit you might be wrong.

We are not saying the allegations are true, but that they are so serious, have such profound implications if true, that they must be investigated.

Your bad faith is demonstrated by your opposition to such a course.

"Sensible Left" :lol:

Stop blowing smoke up your own arse.
According to NBC news, via an unnamed senior intelligence source, the president's intel brief's 2-page summary of the dossier was included as an annex in the 'supporting documents' section and was to provide context for the briefers when they were to discuss with Trump the distinction between analysed intelligence and unvetted disinformation. So it was not as Liberals would have us believe taken so seriously by the FBI that they just had to show the president. Rather they saw it as the shoddy, poorly formatted, error-riddled, opposition-funded smear attempt that it was and were using it as an example of such.
Here we go again...any problem you have in life-blame Russians :biggrin:
Were you confused by my comment? I'm happy to express it in simpler terms?

Said he's a Russian shill, he's not.

The OP's a Trump hater, do you not know that yet
Original post by Hydeman
I don't see how that's a gain from a liberal point of view. Whatever Trump's faults, he's clearly better for many of the things near and dear to liberals than Pence. In any case, I wouldn't describe Pence as a conventional conservative - he's no Paul Ryan.

President Pence is a scary thought :afraid:
It was in FBI Director Comey's hands, that's why liberals are furious with him. He happily disclosed investigations into Clinton that were based on nothing, while blocking disclosure (to this day) of investigations (that we know exist) into Trump's Russia connections.

Are you denying that Hillary used a private email server?

False equivalence. Pizzagate is clearly ********, whereas the reason the Trump dossier was taken seriously by the US intelligence community was because of its source (a highly respected former MI6 case officer who rose high in the Secret Intelligence Service and is considered a credible figure)

They're both probably ******** but to talk about Pissgate is apparently valid and legitimate criticism, whereas Pizzagate is apparently all a cruel lie invented by immature and deeply racist Trump supporters. In general I trust the authorities and I believe that politicians are held to higher standards than members of the public so if Trump has been engaging in criminal wrongdoing I fully expect he shall be brought to justice.

It's pretty obvious why. They identify with Russia more than they identify with the West, just as in the Cold War there were commies who identified more with the Soviet Union than they did with the West.

There are a multitude of reasons why this is the case, but until Putin starts ploughing lorries into crowded people in Western cities nobody is going to care about him, because the media monopoly the NeoCons and the progressives once had is falling apart and this is not exclusively due to the rise in the alt-right, but a rise harder left-wing politics too. Politically you are a dinosaur (even if you talk a lot of sense.)

So you don't think Western civilisation is clearly morally superior to all others?

Nope. Objective morality is nonsense and I have zero respect for non-religious people who believe in such a thing.
Original post by l'etranger

T

Have you read or seen A Passage to India? There is a mob orator whose stirs up the crowds complaining about the absence of a witness from the trial whom he, the defendant and we know has no relevant evidence, but who has left India because she believes the defendant is innocent.

That is what we have here. What was she going to be charged with? Having a perfectly lawful email server? Or perhaps receiving or transmitting emails that were retrospectively classified after the emails were sent or received? A mob has been stirred up to complain about behaviour that isn't wrongful.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Hydeman
I don't see how that's a gain from a liberal point of view.

You don't see why it would be better to have a man who is not a Russian agent in the Oval Office?

Actually, he is. He fits the definition of Russian shill very well; he is a shill for Russia.

Trump serves Russia's national interest, not America's.

Is English your second language?
(edited 7 years ago)

Am I denying Hillary used a private email server? What is the implications of her using a private email server? She didn't break the law.

And for the FBI to obsess over Clinton doing something that is legal while failing to investigate the possibility that Trump is a Russian agent is laughable. This is why the alt-right has no credibility; their sense of priorities and proportion is psychotically out-of-balance.

Pissgate is apparently valid and legitimate criticism

"Criticism"? Is English your second language or are you confused about the nature of the document? Perhaps it speaks to your own psychopathologies that you focus on the golden shower element, one of the least interesting disclosures, rather than the far more serious aspects that purport to disclose direct, illegal relationships between Trump and the Kremlin.

whereas Pizzagate is apparently all a cruel lie

You are confused. Pizzagate is made-up. Anyone who believes it is a moron who probably has mental health problems.

The Trump dossier, unlike pizzagate, is not a conspiracy theory. It is a document in which a highly respected former MI6 officer discloses what he has been told by sources he cultivated in Russia. The document should form the basis for further investigation; at present, nobody except Trump and the Russian government knows the truth of that.

You are dismissing that out of hand because you are emotionally invested in Trump, and you are placing your emotional equanimity over the national interest in determining the truth of these allegations through a thorough investigation. It's sad that you are so obsessively partisan that you just don't care about the national interest anymore
Am I denying Hillary used a private email server? What is the implications of her using a private email server? She didn't break the law.

And for the FBI to obsess over Clinton doing something that is legal while failing to investigate the possibility that Trump is a Russian agent is laughable. This is why the alt-right has no credibility; their sense of priorities and proportion is psychotically out-of-balance.

"Criticism"? Is English your second language or are you confused about the nature of the document? Perhaps it speaks to your own psychopathologies that you focus on the golden shower element, one of the least interesting disclosures, rather than the far more serious aspects that purport to disclose direct, illegal relationships between Trump and the Kremlin.

You are confused. Pizzagate is made-up. Anyone who believes it is a moron who probably has mental health problems.

The Trump dossier, unlike pizzagate, is not a conspiracy theory. It is a document in which a highly respected former MI6 officer discloses what he has been told by sources he cultivated in Russia. The document should form the basis for further investigation; at present, nobody except Trump and the Russian government knows the truth of that.

You are dismissing that out of hand because you are emotionally invested in Trump, and you are placing your emotional equanimity over the national interest in determining the truth of these allegations through a thorough investigation. It's sad that you are so obsessively partisan that you just don't care about the national interest anymore

The claim is that the Russians possess tapes in which Trump is engaging in water-sports with prostitutes and hence cannot be trusted to act in American interests, it's clear you also have a lack of sincerity to match your lack of respect.
The claim is that the Russians possess tapes in which Trump is engaging in water-sports with prostitutes and hence cannot be trusted to act in American interests, it's clear you also have a lack of sincerity to match your lack of respect.

Which if true, is incredibly serious and if not provably untrue is incredibly divisive.

Do I think it's true? Not sure.

Do I think any photos will leak? Not a chance
Original post by nulli tertius
Which if true, is incredibly serious and if not provably untrue is incredibly divisive.

Do I think it's true? Not sure.

Do I think any photos will leak? Not a chance

It's not really serious, I find pissplay a bit odd but if we didn't live in a world of social conservative bigots, nobody would care.
It's not really serious, I find pissplay a bit odd but if we didn't live in a world of social conservative bigots, nobody would care.

Nobody would care if this happened with American girls in Trump Tower.

Bill Clinton proved that Americans do not expect high moral standards from their politicians.

Hilary Clinton had classified intelligence on a private e-mail server. According to the FBI it's highly probably that foreign intelligence agencies have snooped around it's content. She lied to congress about it, and pleaded ignorance to the max, claiming despite being a career politician she didn't understand the concept of classified information. The FBI recommended she not face charges even though they said she was 'extremely careless' with her handling of classified intelligence but somehow not grossly negligent, even though they mean the same thing.

The FBI have already investigated Trump's alleged links with Russia and found nothing. Hence they are probably skeptical of this shoddy, implausible, mistake-riddled dossier, even if John McCain vouches for it's author.
The audacity of you to even compare the two situations as you have and say we are the ones that don't have our priorities in order!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending