The Student Room Group

2017 Oxford Prospective Students [part 2]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by Barbastelle
Oh! I'll wait then :h: Do you know where?

According to the MLAT/ELAT pages, you get the scores from Oxford, as the tests are graded there. I'd try emailing the college you applied to on Monday.
So you guys finally got a Part II then.
Original post by fablereader
Some news - apparently there were some ... problems in the Hertford rejection emails. Apparently the names and other personal information of other rejected candidates were sent in rejection emails. Articles on it:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/01/14/oxford-college-apologises-circulating-names-rejected-applicants/
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38622560

Those of us whose emails went missing got them pretty late in the day. I spoke to someone on here who said they'd received what looked like every rejection letter, which contained everyone's names and addresses.
Original post by valgal
According to the MLAT/ELAT pages, you get the scores from Oxford, as the tests are graded there. I'd try emailing the college you applied to on Monday.

Thanks! I will :h:
Original post by ♥Samantha♥
So you guys finally got a Part II then.

Yep. We made it. :smile:
Original post by poppyb787
Those of us whose emails went missing got them pretty late in the day. I spoke to someone on here who said they'd received what looked like every rejection letter, which contained everyone's names and addresses.

That definitely sounds like a rather big mess-up ...
I saw a guy who looked almost identical to my interviewer on the train xD
Original post by auburnstar
I saw a guy who looked almost identical to my interviewer on the train xD

What, today? That's just ... creepy.
What, today? That's just ... creepy.

Yes, today. I live in Oxfordshire so it's not exactly the most unlikely thing (travelling to London) but still, pretty weird.
Yes, today. I live in Oxfordshire so it's not exactly the most unlikely thing (travelling to London) but still, pretty weird.

Well, hope it wasn't unnerving.
Well, hope it wasn't unnerving.

Haha, no not really. :tongue:
Haha, no not really. :tongue:

To Branose Admission

I heard some where in the TSR saying that this year Cambridge and Oxford will get the applications from 'Adjustment' (not clearing) after the result day as this year's at if the subjects are reform and uncertainty of predicted rest. Is it True?
Original post by Kalikumar
To Branose Admission

I heard some where in the TSR saying that this year Cambridge and Oxford will get the applications from 'Adjustment' (not clearing) after the result day as this year's at if the subjects are reform and uncertainty of predicted rest. Is it True?

In case they miss this I'll tag 'em: @BrasenoseAdm

(I expect it's a pretty solid no, given the importance of eg interviews and the difficulty in organising it all)
(edited 7 years ago)
@BrasenoseAdm
Is feedback sent to our UCAS referee automatically or do we have to request it? (For both offer holders and those who were rejected)
Original post by justpondering
@BrasenoseAdm
Is feedback sent to our UCAS referee automatically or do we have to request it? (For both offer holders and those who were rejected)

It's automatic unless you haven't denied it.
@fablereader
@wolfmoon88

Are you guys considering re-applying next year?
Original post by funkygirl14
@fablereader
@wolfmoon88

Definitely considering it, not sure if I will end up doing it though.
Original post by funkygirl14
@fablereader
@wolfmoon88

Sort of. I'm waiting for my other applications to come through. Then I'll visit any uni that accepts, see how much I like them, and consider from there.
Reply 158
Original post by Han_024
Does anyone know how one would go about finding out their HAT score? I'm quite curious to see how I did overall, and whether that was a deciding factor for my offer (given my atrocious interview experience)?

Just send an email to the college that you have received an offer from making a request to the college tutor for your score. I think they take around 20 days. You should also take a look at their website for admissions feedback. Congratulations on your offer!!!
@auburnstar has just created a new thread: Oxbridge 2018 reapplicants. It's for those considering (not necessarily decided on) re-application to Oxbridge in 2018. Here's the link:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4508558&posted=1&p=69590932#post69590932

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending