The Student Room Group

If you've not spoken to someone for two years, and want to meet up

What do you say to them? Baring in mind this won't be in person.

Scroll to see replies

Wow haven't got you fat
Reply 2
Original post by TheExtrovertGod
Wow haven't got you fat

I'll pass on this one.
Original post by Anonymous
I'll pass on this one.

Info

Boy or Girl
How did it end
I tried this twice, The first person just made an excuse not to go, met up with the second.

both girls if that helps
I do this all the time bcs i'm a terrible person and not very good at keeping in contact lol
Literally just pop up saying hi
Might be awkward but I mean, yolo
Reply 6
Original post by TheExtrovertGod
Info

Boy or Girl
How did it end

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4505174
Reply 7
Original post by Kravence
I tried this twice, The first person just made an excuse not to go, met up with the second.

both girls if that helps

Ok, but what did you say?
Reply 8
Original post by fergijane88
I do this all the time bcs i'm a terrible person and not very good at keeping in contact lol
Literally just pop up saying hi
Might be awkward but I mean, yolo

And then what?
And then what?

just see how the conversation goes.
say hello, wait for them to reply, then ask how they've been, ask what they've been up to, be like 'remember whatever', then say that you should meet for a catch up
Ok, but what did you say?

Just general talk.

Said it's been a while and asked how they were doing, what they're currently doing then if they wanted to meet up again sometime
just see how the conversation goes.
say hello, wait for them to reply, then ask how they've been, ask what they've been up to, be like 'remember whatever', then say that you should meet for a catch up

Bearing in mind the link to my other thread, would this not seem a little weird to just ask randomly?
Bearing in mind the link to my other thread, would this not seem a little weird to just ask randomly?

okay i read it, all the more reason to message her
start a conversation and if she's replying keenly, legit just tell her what you said in that post
if she's like most other girls she'll really appreciate that, trust me
Just do it!!!!1

well definitely don't bother messaging her online confessing your love for her and how you've changed and how you didn't know what you were doing or any other cheesy message.

Next time you see her in person, approach her and start a conversation. Ignore any advice on using online messages tbh. From what it sounds like in the other thread, it might have been your over eagerness online that put her off.

Certainly, it seems like she lost interest pretty quickly in not replying/shorter messages. I'd say find someone more worth your time. If you think it is something that will eat away at you then try start a conversation, but don't do it online as she'll probably assume you are the same guy you were 2 years ago.
okay i read it, all the more reason to message her
start a conversation and if she's replying keenly, legit just tell her what you said in that post
if she's like most other girls she'll really appreciate that, trust me
Just do it!!!!1

oh
I'm just worried about coming on too strongly again with that second part.
Original post by Et Tu, Brute?
well definitely don't bother messaging her online confessing your love for her and how you've changed and how you didn't know what you were doing or any other cheesy message.

Next time you see her in person, approach her and start a conversation. Ignore any advice on using online messages tbh. From what it sounds like in the other thread, it might have been your over eagerness online that put her off.

Certainly, it seems like she lost interest pretty quickly in not replying/shorter messages. I'd say find someone more worth your time. If you think it is something that will eat away at you then try start a conversation, but don't do it online as she'll probably assume you are the same guy you were 2 years ago.

First part - god no I won't.

Second part - I'm aware that'd be a lot better, but i'm not sure i'll get a chance to.

And yes, the issue of course is that I don't know how to convey that i'm not as miserable anymore.

: (
oh
I'm just worried about coming on too strongly again with that second part.

literally just go say hi, please
if you don't do it you'll regret it, if you do do it the worst that will happen is someone who doesnt speak to you rn wont speak to you again
First part - god no I won't.

Second part - I'm aware that'd be a lot better, but i'm not sure i'll get a chance to.

And yes, the issue of course is that I don't know how to convey that i'm not as miserable anymore.
: (

Have patience. You'll see her sooner or later, you say you see her at the swimming now and then? Why not hit the gym everyday and go for a quick swim after or something.

In the meantime, maybe focus on other girls (or yourself). You might even realise she isn't even worth it.
Original post by Et Tu, Brute?
Have patience. You'll see her sooner or later, you say you see her at the swimming now and then? Why not hit the gym everyday and go for a quick swim after or something.

In the meantime, maybe focus on other girls (or yourself). You might even realise she isn't even worth it.

It's only once a week. So you definitely reckon I ought to wait for an opportunity there? I'm unlikely to get one anytime soon, will it make that much of a difference asking in person?
It's only once a week. So you definitely reckon I ought to wait for an opportunity there? I'm unlikely to get one anytime soon, will it make that much of a difference asking in person?

Well do you see her every week?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending