The Student Room Group

Girls rank in order of importance for dating a guy?

Good Looks
Money
Intelligence
Good personality (includes humour etc)
Height

Scroll to see replies

top being the most mportant:
good personality
intelligence
good looks
money
height
Reply 2
Original post by 1secondsofvamps
top being the most mportant:
good personality
intelligence
good looks
money
height

Why is intelligence important?
Why do people always assume there has to always be a hierarchy for this stuff? like when I'm looking a girl I tend to treat looks and personality as equally important. Seems pretty weird looking at it in a way that suggests all people somehow don't want a partner that has an effective full set of good qualities

*steps off soapbox and puts it away* :getmecoat:
Original post by JokesOnYoo
Why is intelligence important?

Dont wanna use the word dumb but intelligence means that person knows their stuff and i also just kinda assume that it means they have a decent career.
Good Looks
Money
Intelligence
Height

Good personality, intelligence, height, good looks, money :smile:
As a guy, and this probably generalizes to girls too, I find it's very difficult to know what process determines whether you 'hit it off' with someone or whether you fancy them. I find that, when I look back at people I've dated or wanted to date, their qualities are quite different to how I would have answered this question, and sometimes they come in totally opposite combinations.
Reply 7
Original post by Lavaridge
As a guy, and this probably generalizes to girls too, I find it's very difficult to know what process determines whether you 'hit it off' with someone or whether you fancy them. I find that, when I look back at people I've dated or wanted to date, their qualities are quite different to how I would have answered this question, and sometimes they come in totally opposite combinations.

Examples
Good personality,
Intelligence,
Good looks,
Money,
Height
:h:
Reply 9
Original post by Retired_Messiah
Why do people always assume there has to always be a hierarchy for this stuff? like when I'm looking a girl I tend to treat looks and personality as equally important. Seems pretty weird looking at it in a way that suggests all people somehow don't want a partner that has an effective full set of good qualities

*steps off soapbox and puts it away* :getmecoat:

When i look for a girl. I only look for a couple of things. Intelligence, Above average looks and Good personality.
Reply 10
Good Looks
Money
Intelligence
Height

Personality
Intelligence
Looks
Money
Height

:smile:
Dont wanna use the word dumb but intelligence means that person knows their stuff and i also just kinda assume that it means they have a decent career.

I know a few very intelligent people who have very average careers because they don't have the drive or interpersonal skills to further their career. Also "intelligence" is a very vague term, as someone can be highly intelligent academically yet have very little common sense or living skills.
Good personality
Good Looks
Intelligence
Money
Height
Good Looks
Money
Intelligence
Height

It's a good job I have all of them :wink:
Original post by WoodyMKC
I know a few very intelligent people who have very average careers because they don't have the drive or interpersonal skills to further their career. Also "intelligence" is a very vague term, as someone can be highly intelligent academically yet have very little common sense or living skills.

An average career is a decent career. I just meant not having a dodgy job
I can't put an importance because I find I fall for guys who I click with, there is no 'yes he must be funny so I like him or insanely hot' etc. Most of the time its people I've been friends with first anyways.
Examples

Three people that most stand out in my dating history:

Girl 1 - super-academic, emotionally fragile, geeky appearance, quite quiet
Girl 2 - 'underground' culture, smoked, not particularly academic, wanted to travel etc, very cold outer shell and not needy at all, physically cute
Girl 3 - emotionally demanding/controlling, career-focused, physically attractive, really chatty

The one thing they all have in common is that they're quite serious during conversation - which is not a personality trait I'd have said I'd look for - but in terms of intelligence, appearance and other personality variables they were totally different.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by WoodyMKC

When someone is intelligent, their life is more interesting, they are more interesting and also you'll be safer in their company.
Original post by calm down
It's a good job I have all of them :wink:

humble bee
An average career is a decent career. I just meant not having a dodgy job

I meant like working in McDonald's all his life aha, which is nothing bad in itself IMO but goes to show that intelligence doesn't always mean a great career and there are a lot of women out there that would brush off a McDonald's employee. There are also a lot of dumb celebrities and businessmen/women who are rich because they've got a good head for business without being at all academically gifted :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending