The Student Room Group

if you were trapped on a desert island, what would you bring with you?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by shawtyb
nothing because i wouldnt intentionally make myself stranded

Off-topic, but you really look like the "lemon stealing whores" girl!
Original post by sherbet_lemons7
A good pair of boots, a decent sized sharp knife and a satellite phone (there are loads of places in urban areas in the UK etc where there's no signal- there is no way a mobile phone is going to enable you to phone anyone if you're stranded on an uninhabited island in the middle of nowhere. :tongue:)
This ^

Assuming you aren't allowed a satellite phone though for the purposes of being 'stranded', I'd take a water bottle in its place (in fact, this would be the most important thing to have imo).
Pokemon Yellow an original gameboy And a large cutlass.
Original post by JRKinder
This ^

Assuming you aren't allowed a satellite phone though for the purposes of being 'stranded', I'd take a water bottle in its place (in fact, this would be the most important thing to have imo).

I had an interesting conversation with an ex-forces colleague during a very long, boring and uneventful shift a while back about what you would grab if your ship was sinking and you could swim to an island. He was speaking about grabbing wellies! Dual purpose of protecting your feet and (apparently :tongue:) make fantastic water containers. :tongue:
Original post by sherbet_lemons7
I had an interesting conversation with an ex-forces colleague during a very long, boring and uneventful shift a while back about what you would grab if your ship was sinking and you could swim to an island. He was speaking about grabbing wellies! Dual purpose of protecting your feet and (apparently :tongue:) make fantastic water containers. :tongue:
Oh wow, I've never considered that before! I guess that covers the footwear and water bottle in one then... perhaps some water purification tablets or a fire-starter in place of the water bottle/satellite phone then? :tongue:
Original post by retro_turtles
Water purifying tablets
A motorboat
Cheesecake

How many tablets?!
That is worrying :frown:
A Boat, A cassette (including some batteries already packed) and my Cassette collection, for floating may be a somewhat boring affair.
Original post by ugaaa5
How many tablets?!

Atleast 400
lotion, tissue
A pack of cards:redface:
Vibrator (for sexual needs) :sexface: , Pony - for practical ridin' and fun ridin' :horse: anddddd the love of my life - because nobody said that I couldn't :moon: Love of life could well be an equine :ninja:
Original post by JRKinder
Oh wow, I've never considered that before! I guess that covers the footwear and water bottle in one then... perhaps some water purification tablets or a fire-starter in place of the water bottle/satellite phone then? :tongue:

Lots of potassium permanganate. :yep: Good for purifying water, gets rid of cholera in water, can make it up into antiseptic/antifungal solutions, good for sores and stuff. I've had the "three things from a sinking ship" conversation quite a few times. :tongue:
Original post by nstar12
ok, say your plane crash landed

what then?

thats alot better.
the same **** pi had
Original post by Jimmy Carr
Off-topic, but you really look like the "lemon stealing whores" girl!

i think im a little bit insulted!
i am certainly not her! id find a better use for lemons -.-
Original post by Pikachū
lotion, tissue

that's two, mate. and why would you take lotion and tissues when you could choose from anything else?
Original post by emilycerysjones
A pack of cards:redface:

to start a fire, great! :biggrin::biggrin:
Original post by Arkanovi Tigrovi
A Boat, A cassette (including some batteries already packed) and my Cassette collection, for floating may be a somewhat boring affair.

a floating island.... that becomes your personal boat!!:jive::jive:

and discover a way to plug that into the sand...

this worries me.:crazy:

Original post by Anfanny
Pokemon Yellow an original gameboy And a large cutlass.

why. WHYYYY?
Original post by beeninetytwo
Vibrator (for sexual needs) :sexface: , Pony - for practical ridin' and fun ridin' :horse: anddddd the love of my life - because nobody said that I couldn't :moon: Love of life could well be an equine :ninja:

uhh....

i don't even know what to say.
Original post by nstar12
that's two, mate. and why would you take lotion and tissues when you could choose from anything else?

to start a fire, great! :biggrin::biggrin:

a floating island.... that becomes your personal boat!!:jive::jive:

and discover a way to plug that into the sand...

this worries me.:crazy:

why. WHYYYY?

Apparently a large Knife Will allié me to obtain all the natural resources on an Island. Original Pokémon have completely different workings than the new ones which is actually more fun.
Original post by nstar12
there's no wifi or electricity....

dun dun dunnnn
:eek:

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by the bear
The Bible

Shakespeare ( the works, not the guy :teehee: )

TSR
First one to die :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest