The Student Room Group

Girls rank in order of importance for dating a guy?

Scroll to see replies

All these girls lying tbh...
Im a guy but I know how girls think

Money
Height/Looks
Personality
Inteligence
Original post by Lavaridge
Three people that most stand out in my dating history:

Girl 1 - super-academic, emotionally fragile, geeky appearance, quite quiet
Girl 2 - 'underground' culture, smoked, not particularly academic, wanted to travel etc, very cold outer shell and not needy at all, physically cute
Girl 3 - emotionally demanding/controlling, career-focused, physically attractive, really chatty

The one thing they all have in common is that they're quite serious during conversation - which is not a personality trait I'd have said I'd look for - but in terms of intelligence, appearance and other personality variables they were totally different.

Why do you think they were all serious in conversation?
There's a reason.
Original post by Anonymous

Money
Height/Looks
Personality
Inteligence

hahahahahah, the younger girls yeah. When they get older around 24+, things change.
Personality
Intelligence
Good Looks
Height
Money

Really height & money are equally important but if I had to choose, I'd put height above money.
Original post by JokesOnYoo
Why do you think they were all serious in conversation?
There's a reason.

Yeah, their personalities. I'm talking about people with whom I had an ongoing relationship, not just a bad date or two.

If your reason could add something interesting then feel free to share it.
HEIGHT
as a women who is 5ft11 this is important.
Looks
Personality/intelligence
Money
Yeah, their personalities. I'm talking about people with whom I had an ongoing relationship, not just a bad date or two.

If your reason could add something interesting then feel free to share it.

The most probable answer i can think of is.
They took their relationship with you seriously.
This reflects in serious conversations.

From my experience, this is what i have observed. Putting myself into a women's shoes, i would be doing the same.
Women are always questioning their choice of mate, so in order to confirm whether her choice was the right choice, she has to have serious conversations. That's the only way to get serious answers.
When i look for a girl. I only look for a couple of things. Intelligence, Above average looks and Good personality.

Right but you're going to look for all 3 as opposed to one thing over the other two, no?
Size. Ego.
All you girls putting money last aren't being honest
The most probable answer i can think of is.
They took their relationship with you seriously.
This reflects in serious conversations.

From my experience, this is what i have observed. Putting myself into a women's shoes, i would be doing the same.
Women are always questioning their choice of mate, so in order to confirm whether her choice was the right choice, she has to have serious conversations. That's the only way to get serious answers.

Two of them did take the relationship seriously, one of them was totally casual. Nonetheless, I don't mean serious as in serious conversations about the relationship. I only mean they weren't big on small talk and they weren't 'silly' (with me or with other friends), they would talk about something meaningful most of the time. And they didn't play emotional games or show obvious childishness.
When someone is intelligent, their life is more interesting, they are more interesting and also you'll be safer in their company.

How so? Being intelligent doesn't mean you lead an interesting life and you might be terrible at conversation. I don't see how you'd be safer in their company either?
Original post by WoodyMKC
How so? Being intelligent doesn't mean you lead an interesting life and you might be terrible at conversation. I don't see how you'd be safer in their company either?

lol not like you know anything about that.
Original post by Retired_Messiah
Right but you're going to look for all 3 as opposed to one thing over the other two, no?

Everyone has looks, intelligence, height, money and personaility.
Ive associated with each of these a threshold. That is the point which is acceptable for me. For each trait, i have associated a different weighting. This reflects the importance to me. The accumulation of these must be higher than another threshold. All these thresholds are just based upon my own judgement.

Looks, intelligence and personality have a higher weighting than money and height.
The value of 5 on the looks scale is higher than the value of 6 on the height scale.

Say im looking for:
Looks: 7
Intelligence: 9
Personality: 10

Person A has:
Looks: 6
Intelligence: 10
Personaility: 10

Then this is acceptable for me. The accumulating is still the same.
The scale is defined according to my own judgement.

Its complex but this is how my brain works.
Reply 34
(this is my personal opinion)

Intelligence
Good personality
Height
Good Looks
Money
Original post by sdjkyercd
lol not like you know anything about that.

Well Stinkbox, your mum finds me interesting enough :u:

Inb4 "Who? That's not me." - f*** off :biggrin:
Reply 36
All you girls putting money last aren't being honest

Money
Height/Looks
Personality
Inteligence

daaayyyumm boy who hurt you?
Everyone has looks, intelligence, height, money and personaility.
Ive associated with each of these a threshold. That is the point which is acceptable for me. For each trait, i have associated a different weighting. This reflects the importance to me. The accumulation of these must be higher than another threshold. All these thresholds are just based upon my own judgement.

Looks, intelligence and personality have a higher weighting than money and height.
The value of 5 on the looks scale is higher than the value of 6 on the height scale.

Say im looking for:
Looks: 7
Intelligence: 9
Personality: 10

Person A has:
Looks: 6
Intelligence: 10
Personaility: 10

Then this is acceptable for me. The accumulating is still the same.
The scale is defined according to my own judgement.

Its complex but this is how my brain works.

tfw dude gets a calculator out whenever he meets a girl
Two of them did take the relationship seriously, one of them was totally casual. Nonetheless, I don't mean serious as in serious conversations about the relationship. I only mean they weren't big on small talk and they weren't 'silly' (with me or with other friends), they would talk about something meaningful most of the time. And they didn't play emotional games or show obvious childishness.

Sounds a bit like me. I would say they were fairly intelligent. Intelligent people tend to shy away from small talk. They talk about their passions and relevant things going on in the world. So you do look for intelligence in women. Little did you know.
Money > everything else :cookie:
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending