The Student Room Group

Media is easy?!

I've recently seen a lot of posts around here stating that media studies is one of the 'softer' A Levels to take, and I just wanted to post a disclaimer here that the subject is by no means easy nor is it 'soft'.

But I wanted other people's opinions on the matter, so what does everyone else think?
I found it extremely easy- A at A Level and a very secure one at that with probs half the effort I put into my C in A Level biology
Depends if you are creative or not, I take the subject and hugely regret it purely because it doesn't fit around what I want to do and is quite demanding but yeah you need to have certain qualities such as creativity as it requires a lot of thinking and creating and developing ideas. It is soft to an extent, it's not academically rigorous let's face it.
Original post by Rhythmical
Depends if you are creative or not, I take the subject and hugely regret it purely because it doesn't fit around what I want to do and is quite demanding but yeah you need to have certain qualities such as creativity as it requires a lot of thinking and creating and developing ideas. It is soft to an extent, it's not academically rigorous let's face it.

I can agree when you say it's not that academically challenging, apart from the audience theory which can be quite hard. But then again if you don't have a creative flare then you will do poorly. So in that sense it can be very tricky, I think personally that purely academic students would struggle.
Reply 4
Original post by TheSwift1998
I can agree when you say it's not that academically challenging, apart from the audience theory which can be quite hard. But then again if you don't have a creative flare then you will do poorly. So in that sense it can be very tricky, I think personally that purely academic students would struggle.

its is a soft subject though. Pretty sure soft subject just means it is not intellectually challenging. Also it's kinda easier compared with other subjects i.e sciences maths, even history
Original post by Dafock
its is a soft subject though. Pretty sure soft subject just means it is not intellectually challenging. Also it's kinda easier compared with other subjects i.e sciences maths, even history

I do find it challenging but more importantly it's more interesting. I have an a level in history and I find media harder.
Reply 6
Original post by TheSwift1998
I do find it challenging but more importantly it's more interesting. I have an a level in history and I find media harder.

fair play but i think if you took an average person he ould find other subjects harder. But each to their own
Original post by Dafock
fair play but i think if you took an average person he ould find other subjects harder. But each to their own

Its always going to be easier when compared to something like maths or English. But as a whole it's actually quite demanding.

Quick Reply

Latest