The Student Room Group

What are your biggest turn offs on a first date?

Scroll to see replies

Not making much conversation
Not listening
Only talking about sex
Looking at your phone
Rude to waiter
Not paying for the first date
When I go on a date with a girl, I'd be pretty put off if they had a dick ngl...
1) if she has **** all to talk about and pretty much hangs on you to make the conversation. that's the ****ing worst, honestly.
2) if she expects me to pay for the entire meal. if I wanted a hooker I'd get a hooker, not a date...
3) if she's rude to her own friends behind their back to me. I mean, honestly, not only are you suggesting a lot of negatives about you and your lack of trustworthiness but why would I even care?
4) texts on the date. so I'm too boring or some ****?
5) when she's looking around to see who's looking at her (if she's attractive) - ffs so you're seeing who *else* is staring at you? as if there might be better guys than me?
6) when she dresses up way too much. not to say I'm down dressing but I've been on a date where she was looking like she just came back from a wedding.
7) gets dessert. this goes doubly if she's expecting me to pay for it all.

from the small amounts of real dates I've been on, I've certainly had a large amount of awful ones
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by sleepysnooze
1) if she has **** all to talk about and pretty much hangs on you to make the conversation. that's the ****ing worst, honestly.
2) if she expects me to pay for the entire meal. if I wanted a hooker I'd get a hooker, not a date...
3) if she's rude to her own friends behind their back to me. I mean, honestly, not only are you suggesting a lot of negatives about you and your lack of trustworthiness but why would I even care?
4) texts on the date. so I'm too boring or some ****?
5) when she's looking around to see who's looking at her (if she's attractive) - ffs so you're seeing who *else* is staring at you? as if there might be better guys than me?
6) when she dresses up way too much. not to say I'm down dressing but I've been on a date where she was looking like she just came back from a wedding.
7) gets dessert. this goes doubly if she's expecting me to pay for it all.

from the small amounts of real dates I've been on, I've certainly had a large amount of awful ones

what's wrong with getting dessert if she's paying for it?
Original post by hypnotismm
what's wrong with getting dessert if she's paying for it?

she'd have to tell me beforehand
but come on, she's not paying for it even if she says she is
Original post by UWS
:colonhash:

Spoiler

Spoiler

she'd have to tell me beforehand
but come on, she's not paying for it even if she says she is

well if she says she is then why would you not believe it? when I go out with my boyfriend we always pay for our own food

are you allowed dessert or are you just completely against it?
well if she says she is then why would you not believe it? when I go out with my boyfriend we always pay for our own food

are you allowed dessert or are you just completely against it?

nah I'm just saying the vast majority of girls *expect* you to pay for everything on the date, which is why I inherently hate dates even if I like a girl. it's why I never "ask a girl out". I just tell her I like her and avoid a "big formal~ outing" - it's just going to make me disrespect the girl. I'd have huge respect if she paid for her food and I paid for mine, but that kind of thing is very unlikely because most girls still have that idea of "he'll pay for everything" idea in their heads. it's massively sexist if you want opinion. well, it's not an "opinion", it's kind of more than mere opinion
nah I'm just saying the vast majority of girls *expect* you to pay for everything on the date, which is why I inherently hate dates even if I like a girl. it's why I never "ask a girl out". I just tell her I like her and avoid a "big formal~ outing" - it's just going to make me disrespect the girl. I'd have huge respect if she paid for her food and I paid for mine, but that kind of thing is very unlikely because most girls still have that idea of "he'll pay for everything" idea in their heads. it's massively sexist if you want opinion. well, it's not an "opinion", it's kind of more than mere opinion

i'm still stuck on the dessert thing, do you just hate dessert? would you have dessert on a first date? is it just the girl that isn't allowed?
If they are rude or lied about their appearance online (some guys/girls put that they're 5'11" when they're like 5'7") and if they lied about anything else online.
i'm still stuck on the dessert thing, do you just hate dessert? would you have dessert on a first date? is it just the girl that isn't allowed?

me saying "nah" meant "nah, I don't hate desserts"
I was talking about dessert in the context of me not getting one because of the high cost *and* having to watch her have hers. it's just a pisstake.
I'm really not a shallow hal by any means, but I really value peoples teeth! It's so important for me that they have decent teeth 😂 Sounds so silly, but it just means that their smile will be amazing, and will make me actually want to look at them.. so horrible teeth is a NO NO 🙅🏼
Reply 112
Original post by Harold98
If they are rude or lied about their appearance online (some guys/girls put that they're 5'11" when they're like 5'7":wink: and if they lied about anything else online.

Catfish :rofl:
Not knowing the entire Bee movie script by heart.
Original post by JaffaNeko
Not knowing the entire Bee movie script by heart.

Your standards are lax.

I won't date anyone unless they know the entire Bee Movie script by heart AND get faster reciting it every time they say the word 'bee'.
Original post by UWS
Catfish :rofl:

Yeah that's the word
Original post by elen90
Your standards are lax.

I won't date anyone unless they know the entire Bee Movie script by heart AND get faster reciting it every time they say the word 'bee'.

Buzzoff fam 🐝 🐝 🐝 jks😂
Forgetting to take their wedding ring off is a bit of a killer.
-If they're constantly on their phone
-Smell is a big thing (if they have smelly breath or bad BO that's an instant no from me sorry) :redface:
-Just talk about themselves and don't ask you questions or seem interested in what you have to say.
-Being rude- to staff, not saying thanks or please etc :yep:
Firstly, if he just wants to talk about himself and doesn't listen to me.
Secondly, if he is late and doesn't apologise.
Thirdly, if he chooses the place, food, and it's more like me joining him rather than goin on a date where we both decide. Also, mentioning ex's because if he's still thinking about them why is he on a date with me. Also, if he comes dressed in his usual casual clothes, I mean it could suggest he didn't really bother trying to look good or put any effort in. PHONE! The amount of times I'm talking to myself when the other person is glued on his phone...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending