The Student Room Group

Is there a limit to how many universities you can apply to?

--
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by gcsemusicsucks
I had one set idea but now seeing all the options with a broader mind has made me doubt myself - therefore when the time comes to applying to unis, is there a limit to how many unis I apply to? (If I want to go in both the art or the academic direction) - I know it will probably be a lot of hard work tailoring different personal statement type things/applications to suit each uni and creating an art portfolio and sdfhsgij

5 is the max, and you can only send one personal statement which will be viewed by all the university you're applying to through UCAS. It isn't like in the US where you apply directly to the uni you're interested in.
Reply 2
5 !
Original post by kkboyk
5 is the max, and you can only send one personal statement which will be viewed by all the university you're applying to through UCAS. It isn't like in the US where you apply directly to the uni you're interested in.

Thanks for the reply. If I wanted to apply for more than one course per uni, would I still be able to apply for 5 different unis?
Thanks for the reply. If I wanted to apply for more than one course per uni, would I still be able to apply for 5 different unis?

Nope
It's technically five courses
So you can apply to four universities with two courses at one
You only get one personal statement though, bare that in mind
Reply 5

You can apply for more than one course, but if both your courses you're applying to is completely different, it will be twice as hard to make a personal statement that'll satisfy all the unis you're applying to and their respective course.

My advise will be to search for a joint honour degree (courses with the title Subject 1 and/with Subject 2) if they're similar. Do research your course and university properly (check their website and make sure you understand what you are applying for).

Quick Reply

Latest