The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Palmyra
he can't bring in 107% of their income, income is independent of (gross) profit, so your stats are wrong for starters

fears no one, fights no one - Canelo Alvarez

https://mobile.twitter.com/MMAanalytics/status/819731575059267584

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/1/13/14259380/golden-boy-haymon-pbc-lawsuit-more-financials-surface-boxing-news
(edited 7 years ago)

because someone else said it makes it right?

second comment on that: "how can he be 107% of income?"

the answer: he can't :lol:

PS. 1.19-1.28 (from Nov 2015):

> Reporter: "if the WBC ask you to either fight Golovkin next or give up the belt, what do you do?"

> Canelo: "I'm ready."

> 6 months after that, WBC order the GGG-Canelo fight and Canelo vacates his belt.

[video="youtube;58Wrd_81K_c"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58Wrd_81K_c[/video]
Eddie Hearn has said Brook will fight in May, and they'll determine the opponent within the next few weeks. Eddie wants Brook to move up to 154 if they can't get the Khan fight, but I'm not sure who they'd fight at 154 if they do that. If it's not Khan or Spence next I'll be very disappointed in Brook, and I'm a big fan of his.
Jack and Degale both looking good at the weigh-in.
Anyone watching?

Had never heard of Gervonta Davis, but what a performance from him that was. The youngest world champion in boxing (22).
Original post by Palmyra
Anyone watching?

Had never heard of Gervonta Davis, but what a performance from him that was. The youngest world champion in boxing (22).

Yeah kid looked sharp
Jack down in round 1!

Round 1 10-8.
these rounds are so hard to score, Jack with the bigger/cleaner shots, but DG with the combinations is landing more punches but soft punches

Jack is definitely growing into this...
(edited 7 years ago)
LOL

Ref showing he's got a chin on him :rofl:
WOW DeGale dropped in the last round... But just about survives.

I have it 114-114 after that 10-8 last round to Jack...

That's so harsh on DeGale if he loses it because of that knock down in the final round...
(edited 7 years ago)
114-112 (to DG)
113-113
113-113

Majority draw. Fair decision.
DeGale really classy at the end, Jack pretty moody.

Then Floyd comes in and acts like Jack got robbed... DeGale says he wants the rematch straight away, Jack says he wants it at light heavyweight... Lol.
DeGale has lost like 3/4 of his front teeth... Sheeiiiii.

Burst his ear drum too.

Deserves at least a draw just for that tbh, what a warrior.
Better fight than I expected, correct decision too.
This was DeGale's fight to win or lose. Jack is a bits and pieces fighter, doing a lot well, but nothing brilliantly.

But DeGale's strengths - rounds one to four - were on full display alongside his weaknesses. He is a woefully inconsistent fighter: looking unbeatable one minute, a chump the next.

Rematch needs to happen.
Original post by Mackay
This was DeGale's fight to win or lose. Jack is a bits and pieces fighter, doing a lot well, but nothing brilliantly.

But DeGale's strengths - rounds one to four - were on full display alongside his weaknesses. He is a woefully inconsistent fighter: looking unbeatable one minute, a chump the next.

Rematch needs to happen.

Nah you're underselling Jack there. Just look at their faces at the end of the fight. While Degale may look flashy, he was throwing a lot of arm punches (bit like Timothy Bradley). When Jack was landing, they were proper punches.
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Nah you're underselling Jack there. Just look at their faces at the end of the fight. While Degale may look flashy, he was throwing a lot of arm punches (bit like Timothy Bradley). When Jack was landing, they were proper punches.

To be fair, I think you're right. What I'm saying is, though, is that DeGale shouldn't have allowed that to become the case. Jack shouldn't have been landing. DeGale should have wrapped it up in the first six after that good start, and the fact he didn't just comes down to his flaws: he's inconsistent, often in the same round.

That's why I think, if we ever see DeGale vs Groves, the latter would win. Again. DeGale would lose his head.
Was I watching a different fight? Badou Jack won that wide. De gale threw so many flash combos which just landed on jack's gloves and arms. Jack with the more effective cleaner shots and clearly hurt De gale. Robbery !

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's his own fault for spitting out his gumshield though. Guess his tactics backfired ha ha

Posted from TSR Mobile
A rematch between Jack/DeGale isn't a given. Jack notoriously struggles to make weight, and wants to go to light heavy, and DeGale won't step up. That means a catchweight fight is more likely, but I doubt either fighter has that on the top of their list of priorities.

To complicate matters further, DeGale wants to fight in London. Will Jack want to?

Another option is Callum Smith, undefeated in 22, and the WBC’s mandatory challenger. Should Jack vacate the WBC title and climb to light heavyweight, then Smith will likely fight Anthony Dirrell for the vacant belt.

And, of course, you have Groves: currently in negotiations to fight Fedor Chudinov for the vacant WBA title.

Latest