The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by IWMTom
You're making a mountain out of a molehill here. Just give them the damn number and be done with it.

I don't know how to do that now.
Original post by mrwhitz

Last post for me in this thread, but seriously, stop being so dense. They've sent you the forms for you to fill out and return, and that is literally all you need to do. They will probably be asking for your NI number on that form.
Reply 22
Original post by mrwhitz

Welp...

Original post by coldplasma
Last post for me in this thread, but seriously, stop being so dense. They've sent you the forms for you to fill out and return, and that is literally all you need to do. They will probably be asking for your NI number on that form.

This ^^^
Reply 23
Original post by coldplasma

Will be getting the form soon...
Original post by mrwhitz
Will be getting the form soon...

Just do what they say, okay? You can ring them when you get the form, if that will be any help?
Reply 25
Should've just given your NI number
Reply 26
Original post by john2054
Just do what they say, okay? You can ring them when you get the form, if that will be any help?

Okay..
Reply 27
Original post by zayn008
Should've just given your NI number

Yeah man..
Hellothe same thing happened to me did you receive the form ?if so please tell me what is it about thank you
Reply 29
Original post by chakibdel07
Hellothe same thing happened to me did you receive the form ?if so please tell me what is it about thank you

Don't bump old threads - the form is for additional identity verification.
Do you remember what happened? I am in the same situation here. Did you get it resolved? What did they send you? I didn't get a choice option for the passport photo.
Original post by mrwhitz
Hello there,

Yesterday, at 7PM, I applied for my Provisional driving licence online. I added in my Passport number into the online form and chose to retrieve my Passport photo and signature. I did not give them my National Insurance number, however.

After I correctly added the information the DVLA required, I made the payment. After the payment went through, I received an e-mail from the DVLA saying that "You must provide more information to the DVLA" and that I must return an "application return form" to them so that they can process it and perform identity checks..

"Your payment has been accepted but in order for DVLA to complete your application, it requires you to do one more thing.

You must send some information to DVLA.

You will receive an application completion form in the post - please allow 1 week for delivery. Please complete this form and return it to DVLA so that your driving licence application can be submitted for validation checks.

Once DVLA has received your form it will be able to carry out the necessary checks and deal with your application as soon as possible."

I'm very worried about this because what other information does the DVLA require from me? What's an application return form? Has this happened to anyone else before? Online applications are supposed to take one week, but now I must give them back a form so it will take more than 3 weeks? Please help me out if you have had experience with this in the past.

Thanks.
I came here because the same thing happened to me when I just submitted my sons application, this answered it. He is 16 but still on child passport. the rest of the responses following this are hilarious awwwwwwwwI wonder if he got his licence? hahahah
Original post by kellbells82
I came here because the same thing happened to me when I just submitted my sons application, this answered it. He is 16 but still on child passport. the rest of the responses following this are hilarious awwwwwwwwI wonder if he got his licence? hahahah

Don't bump old threads.
I just gave my ni number passport number and they have told me to fill this form in once received and sent of how long would it be till I receive my license as I need to book my theory cheers
Reply 34
What a bunch of fn pricks.Why not give the very basic info requested or mind your own ****ing business.
Reply 35
Original post by Gfys
What a bunch of fn pricks.Why not give the very basic info requested or mind your own ****ing business.

Are you referring to anyone in particular?
I applied for my provisonal, i sent my passport with the documents... its been 3 weeks and i have not had anything back... and i just realised i didnt write my adress on the envelope although my address is writen on the document. Please help
Reply 37
Original post by Daniel Medeiros
I applied for my provisonal, i sent my passport with the documents... its been 3 weeks and i have not had anything back... and i just realised i didnt write my adress on the envelope although my address is writen on the document. Please help

Why would you write your address on the envelope? You mean the DVLAs address?
Same here, I have sent my form with my passport back 3 weeks ago, and still nothing. I am really stressed as I need my passport back at the end of this month.
Hi what did the form have on it please as they've done it to me asking for more information when I gave them my passport and NI number

Latest