The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jneill
Yes multiple images are very tricky to post especially from the app.

Posted from TSR Mobile

and from a mobile browser :yes:
I've updated the sidebar now (can't remember who pointed it out) so it now links to the new guidelines instead of the old ones from 2007!
Although they were not maths, I have had two study questions that were never answered and both were during urgent times. One was before a mock exam and the other was a bit before a real GCSE exam.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Samii123
Although they were not maths, I have had two study questions that were never answered and both were during urgent times. One was before a mock exam and the other was a bit before a real GCSE exam.

Common reasons why they might not have been answered is if they were posted in the GCSE/ A Level forums rather than the subject specific ones, or if the title was vague. Unfortunately we can't force people to answer, but the Support Team and unanswered threads group try to get through them as best we can
This may have been mentioned before but for e.g. this thread, I can't see the attachment and when I click the link I get "Attachment not found". I can only see the attachment if I quote their post. This happens quite a lot for me.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by notnek
This may have been mentioned before but for e.g. this thread, I can't see the attachment and when I click the link I get "Attachment not found". I can only see the attachment if I quote their post. This happens quite a lot for me.

Hmm, I can see it if I click the attachment link - but all it says is

Solve these pair of simultaneous equations
2x2-y+3=x
5=y-2x

Which frankly is easier to type than photograph and attach...
Original post by jneill
Hmm, I can see it if I click the attachment link - but all it says is

Solve these pair of simultaneous equations
2x2-y+3=x
5=y-2x

Which frankly is easier to type than photograph and attach...

The link is working now when I click it. Not sure why it wasn't working before.
Original post by notnek

Because: TSR :wink:
Original post by notnek

Original post by jneill
Because: TSR :wink:

It doesn't work for me either. Weird...
Gingerbread101
So, it's been 4 days, and there's not a single post in the GCSE sticky thread other than an intro from a CA. Doesn't look like this is working...
Original post by DFranklin
So, it's been 4 days, and there's not a single post in the GCSE sticky thread other than an intro from a CA. Doesn't look like this is working...

Many users won't read stickies. Every time I sticky one of the unofficial answers threads, the traffic declines noticeably!
Original post by Mr M
Many users won't read stickies. Every time I sticky one of the unofficial answers threads, the traffic declines noticeably!
Yeah, it's amazing how they get put into the same category as adverts by my brain so I don't even see them...

There's no point in binning it after only 4 days, give it time :smile: I've been away for the weekend and packing for uni before that, but now I'm more free I'll get to promoting it

If we unstuck it before it has some traffic, it will get lost in the abyss before it takes off
Original post by Gingerbread101
There's no point in binning it after only 4 days, give it time :smile: I've been away for the weekend and packing for uni before that, but now I'm more free I'll get to promoting itHonestly, 4 days is a *long* time in terms of F38 traffic, and it's not like "it's starting slowly, give it time to pick up", it's not starting at all. By all means try and promote it and see if it makes a difference, but it's surely not working now, and threads that are obviously "tumbleweeds" tend to put posters off, so any change really needs to happen soon.

I have to confess that I'm also a little frustrated that the consensus from pretty much all the F38 regulars is "there have never been many GCSE posters on here, the drop in traffic is due to a fall off in A-level (and above) posters" and nearly all the enthusiasm from the powers that be at TSR seems to relate to GCSE stuff.

Just looking at the numbers, if you get a 100% rise in GCSE posters on here and a 10% fall in A-level posters, you'll end up with a net fall in traffic to the forum.
Honestly, 4 days is a *long* time in terms of F38 traffic, and it's not like "it's starting slowly, give it time to pick up", it's not starting at all. By all means try and promote it and see if it makes a difference, but it's surely not working now, and threads that are obviously "tumbleweeds" tend to put posters off, so any change really needs to happen soon.

I have to confess that I'm also a little frustrated that the consensus from pretty much all the F38 regulars is "there have never been many GCSE posters on here, the drop in traffic is due to a fall off in A-level (and above) posters" and nearly all the enthusiasm from the powers that be at TSR seems to relate to GCSE stuff.

Just looking at the numbers, if you get a 100% rise in GCSE posters on here and a 10% fall in A-level posters, you'll end up with a net fall in traffic to the forum.

All of the suggestions for what we can do about increasing a level posters are more long term changes then require dev input etc, whereas we can do smaller things to try and push GCSEs. Personally, the only things I can do is help clean up the forum and create threads, and as the CT have only just got back into the office after the New Year it'll take a little longer for the A Level stuff to get started. We are listening and are trying, but please bear with us :smile:
All of the suggestions for what we can do about increasing a level posters are more long term changes then require dev input etc, whereas we can do smaller things to try and push GCSEs. Personally, the only things I can do is help clean up the forum and create threads, and as the CT have only just got back into the office after the New Year it'll take a little longer for the A Level stuff to get started. We are listening and are trying, but please bear with us :smile:

Perhaps it is worth extending @Mr M's powers to study help wide, as was the case for a previous maths CA? I now see him valiantly reporting misplaced threads.
Original post by SeanFM
Perhaps it is worth extending @Mr M's powers to study help wide, as was the case for a previous maths CA? I now see him valiantly reporting misplaced threads.

I'd find this useful and it would reduce work for those dealing with the reports queue.
Original post by Fox Corner

I see "Top Content" has appeared again. I was hoping it might vanish before I got around to commenting, but no such luck. The first useful thread is now one and a half pages in.
Original post by ghostwalker
I see "Top Content" has appeared again. I was hoping it might vanish before I got around to commenting, but no such luck. The first useful thread is now one and a half pages in.

Is this on the app?
Is this on the app?
Well, it's certainly on desktop (and annoying).

Also, having 3 stickies with zero activity isn't helping.

Latest