The Student Room Group

Going to fail my mocks because of art

So guys,

I Have my mocks in 4 weeks, I have my french mock in 2. Neither of which I have started revising for because of art.

The school seem to want to have all our coursework done by jan the 20th, and I cant revise for anything because art is in the way of everything. The school says art isnt too much work, they LIED.

So thanks art for ruining my gcses
Omfg art is known to be a lot of work!

The art students in my school only did art work. Everywhere I saw them they were carrying their big A3 art book everywhere!

Can you not spend an hour or two of your time to revise other subjects everyday? I feel like you're not revising efficiently enough.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You are going to have to prioritize what you want to do well in and give time too then. I would recommend giving attention to the subjects either you're going to take to alevel or more relevant to what you want to study in Uni.

If worst comes to worst, maybe consider dropping art. Alot of students in my school had the same problem.
Reply 3
I finish school at 6 everyday thank you very much, get home at 7, have dinner, have two homework's a night so maybe you want to think again instead of making me look like I am lazy
(edited 7 years ago)
Art is a *****, yes. I think you need to worry about your other subjects first. One ok grade for art won't mean anything if it's made you crash and burn in other subjects. Put art on the back burner, and focus on your other subjects. It doesn't sound like you're going to take it any further that GCSE, so don't worry about it.
Reply 5
Original post by CarysJSLewis
Art is a *****, yes. I think you need to worry about your other subjects first. One ok grade for art won't mean anything if it's made you crash and burn in other subjects. Put art on the back burner, and focus on your other subjects. It doesn't sound like you're going to take it any further that GCSE, so don't worry about it.

I have chosen it for A Level since its the only thing I am good at and I need an A so thats why I am panicking
Original post by Fredtheb
I have chosen it for A Level since its the only thing I am good at and I need an A so thats why I am panicking

If you're struggling now, A level will be much worse. What other subjects are you thinking of doing
Reply 7
Original post by CarysJSLewis
If you're struggling now, A level will be much worse. What other subjects are you thinking of doing

philosophy, business and politics
Do you have any ideas about what you want to do after A levels?
Reply 9
Original post by emilysmith268
Do you have any ideas about what you want to do after A levels?

To be honest no, I know I would like to have a creative job though
Original post by Fredtheb
philosophy, business and politics

Philosophy is a very intense subject, so you'd have to be able to cope with copious amounts of revision as well as coursework, not sure about the other two subjects though. I honestly think you should talk to a teacher about your art workload. Are you working up in the art department during your lunches and breaks?
I'm taking art along with chemistry, maths and bio at a-level. I also took it at GCSE.

You shouldn't be finding it so demanding in terms of quantity - I'm actually ahead in art right now, having finished the first part of my exam prep...and that's at a-level.

GCSE art was a breeze - if you're struggling now, then I recommend you talk to some a-level art takers at your school and ask them what the jump was like for them.
you'll have time to do your coursework after then. i was doing mine until may. and don't worry too much, mocks aren't that important. the artwork you do now will actually be a part of your gcse, your mocks won't.

Quick Reply

Latest