The Student Room Group

Anyone at UCLAN studying nursing

Hi, i have an interview in march for adult nursing and was wondering if this is the only interview process for prospective students (value based 1:1 interview) or will there be another interview after you have passed the value based interview? :/ also roughly how many days are u in uni a week? and how many weeks holiday do you get off? If i get a place i might have to move to preston and considering that i have a child that i may need to leave with my parents. I will most likely be travelling home any time i get.
Original post by Zainab96
Hi, i have an interview in march for adult nursing and was wondering if this is the only interview process for prospective students (value based 1:1 interview) or will there be another interview after you have passed the value based interview? :/ also roughly how many days are u in uni a week? and how many weeks holiday do you get off? If i get a place i might have to move to preston and considering that i have a child that i may need to leave with my parents. I will most likely be travelling home any time i get.

Can't answer the questions about the interview myself. The best place to get answers from is the university themselves. Give their admissions department an email.

You can expect to be at university pretty much all day, for 4-5 days a week, for first year. This gradually decreases in second and third year but with the expectation of that time being used for self-directed study as opposed to direct input from lectures and seminars.

Holiday is approximately 7 weeks a year - 2 at Christmas, 2 at Easter and 3 over summer. It's set and cannot be changed as other times of the year placements etc will be booked in.

Hope that helps.
Reply 2
I'm at uclan. I only had a 1:1 interview after my maths and English test. I had to pass them in order to get an interview. The year I got in they where trailing a different method because people where passing interview but failing the tests so they've swapped it around so they weren't interviewing unnecessarily. They also stopped the group interviews. But I'm not sure if they've stuck with that or kept it the same. I'm in uni mostly Monday to Friday. But with 1 day off. But that 1 day is never really the same day I couldn't tell you sorry. We have quite a few holidays! We had 2 weeks before first placement, 2 weeks at Xmas and 5 weeks at the end of year 1. Not sure about the following years as I'm not there yet :smile: I don't live locally to the uni I live about 45 mins away, I have 2 children. We car share. Hope this helps slightly xx
Reply 3
Oh sorry forgot to mention also after my interview I was waiting approx 3 weeks for a decision. But it varies. Ring the uni and ask they should tell you a specific date because it depends who interviews you also x
Reply 4
Original post by wbnurse
Oh sorry forgot to mention also after my interview I was waiting approx 3 weeks for a decision. But it varies. Ring the uni and ask they should tell you a specific date because it depends who interviews you also x

Oh right thanks for the information, that helps alot. I have a 4 year old and i live in manchester so about 50 mins on train. Will have to decide wether to move or stay at home and commute if i get a place at uclan.
Reply 5
Original post by Zainab96
Oh right thanks for the information, that helps alot. I have a 4 year old and i live in manchester so about 50 mins on train. Will have to decide wether to move or stay at home and commute if i get a place at uclan.

There's a fair few from Manchester. Youl probably find a friend near you because they split you all into home groups....meaning the people in your group live near to you which is easier plus youl all be on the same placement circuit so your placements will be nearer your home xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending