The Student Room Group

Bad dreams

How do you cope with bad dreams?

Have had about 2-3 dreams that I am shooting myself in past 3 weeks.
Reply 1
I would see a doctor. That's concerning. Deeply.
Reply 2
Original post by zayn008
I would see a doctor. That's concerning. Deeply.

What do you mean?
Reply 3
Original post by Recont
What do you mean?

Well shooting yourself in your dreams is quite worrying. I'd wake up scared and panicking, sure I've had the odd dreams where I've died a few times (once I got shot by bin laden then came back alive only to be shot by my maths teacher) anyway long story short, dying is one thing but to kill yourself 3 times, your brain is trying to tell you something. Just how my dreams were telling me something, they were warning me my maths teacher was going to screw me over this year. Maybe your brain is creating a metaphor and trying to say, you're your own worst enemy?
Reply 4
Original post by zayn008
Well shooting yourself in your dreams is quite worrying. I'd wake up scared and panicking, sure I've had the odd dreams where I've died a few times (once I got shot by bin laden then came back alive only to be shot by my maths teacher) anyway long story short, dying is one thing but to kill yourself 3 times, your brain is trying to tell you something. Just how my dreams were telling me something, they were warning me my maths teacher was going to screw me over this year. Maybe your brain is creating a metaphor and trying to say, you're your own worst enemy?

Also had a dream about 3 weeks back that I am digging my grandparents grave with my mother to check the bones for some reason; scavenged nearby grave and found knifes from WW1 or 2...
Reply 5
Original post by Recont
Also had a dream about 3 weeks back that I am digging my grandparents grave with my mother to check the bones for some reason; scavenged nearby grave and found knifes from WW1 or 2...

As much as I'd love to help, you really need search that on a dream interpretation website. You probably aren't the first to have that dream
Reply 6
Original post by zayn008
As much as I'd love to help, you really need search that on a dream interpretation website. You probably aren't the first to have that dream

Just googled meaning and there are too many of them.
Reply 7
Original post by Recont
Just googled meaning and there are too many of them.

See, you're not even unique in your dreams
Reply 8
iv suffered from nightmares for years!
they range from reoccuring wobbly tooth dreams to dreams of my family, kids and boyfriend dying
I laugh it off
i also occasionally have very erotic dreams :/
Reply 11
Original post by shawtyb
i also occasionally have very erotic dreams :/

I'd rather see erotic dreams but they happen only once a year or so.
Original post by Recont
How do you cope with bad dreams?

Have had about 2-3 dreams that I am shooting myself in past 3 weeks.

Try writing down your dreams into a notebook/diary/journal each morning. Also write down how you've been feeling each day and/or any worries you have before you go to sleep.
See if you spot any patterns.
Original post by Recont
I'd rather see erotic dreams but they happen only once a year or so.

mine tend to be quite odd.
the setting for one was in a lagoon with hippos swimming around the edge
another was a chinese girl in a bath in a hotel wearing a bikini only it wasnt a real bikini, it was the outline of a bikini drawn on

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending