The Student Room Group

C2 Chapter 1 question help

We've been given Solomon papers to do for homework and there's a question I'm stuck on, I can't find anything on it in the book and to me it just makes no sense. capture.PNG
Here's a picture of the question, 7 d is what I'm stuck on, I've done the rest of the question easily.
Original post by nandocalrissian
We've been given Solomon papers to do for homework and there's a question I'm stuck on, I can't find anything on it in the book and to me it just makes no sense. capture.PNG
Here's a picture of the question, 7 d is what I'm stuck on, I've done the rest of the question easily.

Can you see any connection between part (d) and the previous parts? Perhaps you could make a substitution for sinθ\sin \theta ?
Reply 2
I nearly puked:puke:
Reply 3
Original post by nandocalrissian

Do you notice any similarities between the equation in part d) and the initial one?
Try letting x=sinθ x = sin\theta
Do you see a link between the original function and the one given in part d?
Original post by iqra2159
I nearly puked:puke:

Not as bad as it looks :smile:
So do I have to just find the values of x which I got in the last question between 0 and 2 pi?
Original post by tajtsracc
Sinθ = the values of x you found in parts (b)/(c).

Find the values of θ.

If you've gone over C2 trigonometry this should be okay for you.

I found the values of θ with Sin^-1 but I don't have a clue where to go from there or how to get it in the values of pi
Values of pi? The intervals just mean your values need to be in radians and not in degrees (make sure your calculator is set to radians).

You also need to use your values of θ to find the secondary values.

How do I put my calculator into radians? I've not learned anything about radians yet
It's probably best to fully learn the topic before attempting this question. :tongue:

Not sure what calculator you have but try shift > mode/setup > 4

I have learned the topic, this is a chapter 1 question from C2, I've finished all of C2 chapter 1 and done all of the questions in the book. I don't remember seeing anything to do with pi in there.
What exactly does "C2 chapter 1" cover? Because the pi stuff should have definitely been covered in trigonometry.

C2 Chapter 1 is Algebra and functions, I haven't done any trigonometry just chapter 1, my teacher told us to do the questions specifically from chapter 1 so it wouldn't make any sense to do a question from another chapter.

Quick Reply

Latest