The Student Room Group

Do past papers count as revision?

Scroll to see replies

Past papers and the mark scheme. I'm sure, as is my son, that that was what helped him achieve 5 x A at AS :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 21
Original post by Antonia Jane
Past papers and the mark scheme. I'm sure, as is my son, that that was what helped him achieve 5 x A at AS :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow amazing results firstly! If you don't mind me asking, how did you come across this thread?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Moltenmo
As the title says, I would like to know whether if doing past papers counts as revision. Recently, I have been spending a lot of time doing past papers instead of making notes. I am worried that I am not spending time doing the appropriate task at this time of the year. Help!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Of course it does count as a revision.

Posted from TSR Mobile
As the title says, I would like to know whether if doing past papers counts as revision. Recently, I have been spending a lot of time doing past papers instead of making notes. I am worried that I am not spending time doing the appropriate task at this time of the year. Help!

Posted from TSR Mobile

You MUST do past papers! Obviously learn the content first- but doing past papers lets you learn EXAM TECHNQUE which is absolutely essential if you want an A or an A*!!!!!!!:biggrin: And read the mark scheme!
AND FOR ESSAY SUBJECTS READ THE EXAMINERS REPORTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's SO important!!!!!!!!!!!!
(edited 7 years ago)
Past papers are the Daddy of revision. :biggrin:
Reply 25
Original post by sunshine774
You MUST do past papers! Obviously learn the content first- but doing past papers lets you learn EXAM TECHNQUE which is absolutely essential if you want an A or an A*!!!!!!!:biggrin: And read the mark scheme!
AND FOR ESSAY SUBJECTS READ THE EXAMINERS REPORTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's SO important!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good advice. Thank you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good advice. Thank you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're welcome!x:h: Best of luck with your exams!x:biggrin:
Reply 27
You're welcome!x:h: Best of luck with your exams!x:biggrin:

Thank you. Is there anything in the examiner report that I should look out for specifically?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you. Is there anything in the examiner report that I should look out for specifically?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Focus especially on what the examiners say about what most students get WRONG so that you will be prepared for the harder questions!x:smile: Especially in essay subjects like english- look at what examiners like to see- they often say what was good about student A's response, and what was better/worse than student B's.:smile: Is this for GCSE?x:h:
Reply 29
Focus especially on what the examiners say about what most students get WRONG so that you will be prepared for the harder questions!x:smile: Especially in essay subjects like english- look at what examiners like to see- they often say what was good about student A's response, and what was better/worse than student B's.:smile: Is this for GCSE?x:h:

Yup!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good- I hope you follow my advice then!!!:biggrin:
OFC you should !!!!!!
Reply 32
Original post by nisha.sri
OFC you should !!!!!!

Alright alright, calm yourself.

Posted from TSR Mobile
i know someone who only turned up to school 2-3 times a week.
honestly she diddnt care about her GCSE's then two months before exams she ONLY used past test papers to revise
and got
4 C's 3 B's and two D's

Posted from TSR Mobile

Past papers are great for revision as long as you learn what gets marks and what doesn't - exam technique.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 35
Original post by oreo.200
i know someone who only turned up to school 2-3 times a week.
honestly she diddnt care about her GCSE's then two months before exams she ONLY used past test papers to revise
and got
4 C's 3 B's and two D's

I don't know if that's good or bad lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 36
Original post by Nye2001
Past papers are great for revision as long as you learn what gets marks and what doesn't - exam technique.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yup, I just do it to reinforce understanding and knowledge. Otherwise, I know I will forget a lot of the stuff I learn. Not sure about exam techniques though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest