The Student Room Group

Mock exam results 2017 official thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sabz152
Ur Maths and English look AMAZING! What score did u get on the maths paper? Btw what's Science add/ further add?

I achieved 237 marks i do alevel maths too
My recent results;

Maths - Level 8
English Language - Level 7
English Literature - Level 7
Biology - B
Chemistry - A*
Physics- A*
Geography - A*
Computing - A:smile:
Reply 42
For our school the maths boundaries were as follow:

50 marks-4 ( quite lenient actually compared to yours)
Around 76- 5
105- 6
133- 7
168- 8
197- 9

I feel sorry for people in ur school because the boundaries were pretty unrealistic compared to what the real thing will be 😬

Original post by LlamaLikeEllie
It was 102 for a 5, and around 90 for a 4. Most people in the year group failed, and people in set 1s got around 4,5 and 6.
Reply 43
Our school did poetry so can't help you on that sorry. Have you not done your mocks yet?
Original post by whowannadate
yeh :biggrin:
Reply 44
Wow that's great! Do u go to a state or grammar school? Also, what are ur future aspirations?
Original post by chris2791
I achieved 237 marks i do alevel maths too
Original post by Sabz152
For our school the maths boundaries were as follow:

50 marks-4 ( quite lenient actually compared to yours)
Around 76- 5
105- 6
133- 7
168- 8
197- 9

I feel sorry for people in ur school because the boundaries were pretty unrealistic compared to what the real thing will be 😬

I'd rather have higher grade boundaries though and then be nicely surprised when the results come out :smile: They're getting lowered anyway as they were ridiculously high!
Original post by Sabz152
Wow that's great! Do u go to a state or grammar school? Also, what are ur future aspirations?

I go to an academy i want to be an oncologisst and an area of cardio thoracics btw oncology is cancer
Reply 47
Yeh I know that :wink: hope you achieve your goals u deserve it because of ur hard work :smile:
Original post by chris2791
I go to an academy i want to be an oncologisst and an area of cardio thoracics btw oncology is cancer
Reply 48
Hope this gets u a higher mark then hopefully :smile:
Original post by LlamaLikeEllie
I'd rather have higher grade boundaries though and then be nicely surprised when the results come out :smile: They're getting lowered anyway as they were ridiculously high!
Reply 49
Ur scores are brilliant! How about ur other subjects, have you not got them back yet?
Original post by kaylee101
My recent results;

Maths - Level 8
English Language - Level 7
English Literature - Level 7
Biology - B
Chemistry - A*
Physics- A*
Geography - A*
Computing - A:smile:
I got Cs and 4s in all subjects but GCSE PE which I got a D and in history a D I am pleased with this as my targets are Cs and 4s and 5s so I am quite happy with this,
Reply 51
What were everyone's grade boundaries for English language because ours were so high
Original post by l9mya
What were everyone's grade boundaries for English language because ours were so high

Bet they're not as high as ours...
9 99%
8 94%
7 89%
6 78%
5 67%
4 56%
3 41%
2 26%
1 11%
U 0%
Reply 53
Original post by joeyfrazier
Bet they're not as high as ours...
9 99%
8 94%
7 89%
6 78%
5 67%
4 56%
3 41%
2 26%
1 11%
U 0%

Ours were basically the same as that, I got 76% so I got a 5 which I think is unfair
French- B
English Literature- 8
English Language- 7
Art- C
Maths- 5
Core Science- A
Additional Science- A
RE- A
Reply 55
Still on a*-e where I am, straight A*s, by the skin of my teeth, I was on the grade boundary in two exams :smile:
My subjects are:
Maths
Both Englishes
Latin lit
Latin lang
Greek
French
History
Three sciences
Ad Maths
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 56
Biology-A*
Chemistry- A
English Lit- 7
English Language 7
I just got my mocks back and here are my results:
Geography- A*
German- B
History- B
Latin- A (dratted second language paper)
Maths- 8
Music-A
Physics- A*
I'm happy overall but not with chemistry because I did something really dumb, and history because I screwed it up. On the brightside I have good enough grades to stay in 6th form.
My school decided not to issue nines unless you got 100% or something because they don't want to get our hopes up
Gonna add my mock results:

Maths: A*
English lit: A (1 mark off an A*, really annoying!)
English lang: A, but for CIE they don't give A*'s for the paper alone so with coursework it would be an A* (so I'm counting it as an A*)
Biology: A
Chemistry: A*
Physics: A*
French: A*
Music: A (performance and composition would thankfully bring it up to an A*)
Latin: A (horrible lang 2 paper)
RS: A

I'm pretty happy about those! Overall they were pretty similar to last year, but with an A in Latin instead of a B, and an A* in physics instead of an A. Plus we don't have the big 9-1 problem because we do IGCSE in the core subjects, so I'm kind of glad about that.

Well done to everyone here, there's some great results!
(edited 7 years ago)
In my mock exams I got:

English Language - 6
English Lit - 5 (I did horrible in pride and prejudice)
Maths - 6
Biology - B
Chemistry - A
Physics - A
ICT - A*
History - E (I hate history so much)
French - B
Media Studies - C

They were okay grades, but I know where to improve.
English Lit : 5
English Lang: 5
Maths: 5
Biology: A
Chemistry: A
Physics: C
History: C
DT: A*
IT: D

Quick Reply

Latest