The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by auburnstar
People always hesitate about reapplying but:

Best case scenario: get an unconditional offer cause you've already sat exams at this point, spend 13 pounds on UCAS and whatever it is to travel to Cambridge/Oxford
Worse case scenario: one year older when you start uni

I can think of a few worser case scenarios but yeah I largely agree :lol:
Reply 5201
When do you hear back if you were reinterviewed?
While I really wish I could, after discussion neither I, nor my parents, see myself waiting a year to reapply as an undergrad - but I'm increasingly excited by the prospect of applying for a scholarship to study postgraduate, since by then I'll know for sure what I want to study. (I realized that at least now I have the chance of exploring math/language if I decided to stay in the US).

I had a question though - are instructions for requesting feedback on the decision letter? I haven't received mine yet, and I'm not sure exactly how to do this :s-smilie: I remember someone mentioning that you must contact a college directly if you would like to receive the feedback personally instead of the recommender receiving it? I'm sorry if this has been asked recently.
Original post by SteamboatMickey
I'll ask 'em tomorrow :tongue:

And make sure you keep to the 3 feet rule in your interviews :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jneill

Nice. I was wondering where the best place to talk about that was!
What did you think of it?
Original post by jneill

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have been sobbing in my room for the past ten minutes :frown: tag me in any Sherlock discourse if there isn't any

I'm a mess :redface:

Im in literal mourning over how much I love this show and Sherlock Holmes

Very emotional over here
(edited 7 years ago)
*googles how to not burst into tears over a TV show during an Oxbridge interview*
I have been sobbing in my room for the past ten minutes :frown: tag me in any Sherlock discourse if there isn't any

I'm a mess :redface:

Im in literal mourning over how much I love this show and Sherlock Holmes

Very emotional over here

Just came back from it. ... Wow.

Apparently, a fifth series is plotted and Cumberbatch has said he's signed for a fifth series (according to Wikipdia), but I don't think one is actually confirmed.

They better confirm it.

Edit: I'm putting in a spoiler. If you haven't watched the episode, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES ARE YOU TO SEE THE SPOILER BECAUSE IT IS AN ACTUAL SPOILER.

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Melanie Leconte
Jack was a compsci student so I have no idea about Maths or any other subject, that's why I am asking.

Original post by vincrows

And also I really very much doubt the budget colleges use on each student for purely acedemic purpose is so different from college to college.

The fees for things such as supervising, lecturing, assisting in labs, invigilating in exams are fixed by the University, not by individual Colleges. I think contracts for some College staff may require certain hours of certain types of teaching/contact and the payment for those hours is included in their contracts. I suspect there is some variety in the ratio of salaried v hourly paid staff contact hours between Colleges, but that has nothing to do with quality. The folks running Cambridge are quite clever you know :wink:
Original post by thewinelake
Nice. I was wondering where the best place to talk about that was!
What did you think of it?

SPOILER BELOW I CANT ADD A SPOILER THING ON MY PHONE SO PLEASE JUST CLOSE YOUR EYES AND SCROLL PAST!!

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Ruthie2267
I literally

Spoiler

Spoiler!!!

I've watched it, but for those who haven't ...
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by fablereader
Just came back from it. ... Wow.

Apparently, a fifth series is plotted and Cumberbatch has said he's signed for a fifth series (according to Wikipdia), but I don't think one is actually confirmed.

They better confirm it.

I feel like they will go on to making specials Etc

They better confirm something

Imagine your most favourite thing since childhood turning into the best series of all time and then ending :redface: man I'm so emotional
I feel like they will go on to making specials Etc

They better confirm something

Imagine your most favourite thing since childhood turning into the best series of all time and then ending :redface: man I'm so emotional

I've just imagined books not existing. That, plus the latest Sherlock and the potential lack of a next series, has literally made me cry. Tears in my eyes.
(edited 7 years ago)
Wow that Sherlock episode FLOORED me. A lot of tears had to be forcibly held back. Reminded me of receiving my rejection lmao.
Edit: I'm putting in a spoiler. If you haven't watched the episode, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES ARE YOU TO SEE THE SPOILER BECAUSE IT IS AN ACTUAL SPOILER.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by threeportdrift
The fees for things such as supervising, lecturing, assisting in labs, invigilating in exams are fixed by the University, not by individual Colleges. I think contracts for some College staff may require certain hours of certain types of teaching/contact and the payment for those hours is included in their contracts. I suspect there is some variety in the ratio of salaried v hourly paid staff contact hours between Colleges, but that has nothing to do with quality. The folks running Cambridge are quite clever you know :wink:

Thank you for yet another insight.
Yes, my understanding has always been a system is there to insure the quality if teaching is not disadvantaged by your choice of college. :smile:
Also, I'm hearing different things about feedback and some people saying you just email back the college and ask and others saying you have to ask a teacher at school and they'll relay any feedback to you. I know in the case of doing it through school, they can choose to not tell you absolutely everything (I guess they omit the super harsh stuff??) but I'd rather just know everything tbh.
Spoiler!!!

I've watched it, but for those who haven't ...

Thanks! It didn't even occur to me 🙈 I've put a warning at the top of the post 😁
Original post by jneill

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by jneill

Spoiler

Spoiler

Latest

Trending

Trending