The Student Room Group

TSR Bollywood Society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RVNmax
That's a good trailer. I would actually like to check that one out, but almost no chance if I'm being realistic. Is it even releasing here?

I'm obviously intending to watch Dangal, just not sure when. Most probably Friday.

Btw, I watched Dear Zindagi a few weeks ago. I definitely didn't enjoy it. I went with the lads so a slow-burning chick flick was not the best idea. Befikre for better energy or Kahaani 2 for better story/drama would have been better choices in hindsight or tbh a different activity altogether. It got mostly positive reviews so I want to watch it again on my own when I'm in the right mood this time, the soul-searching mood where I won't want to skip the songs (not that there are a tonne of songs or anything, but just all come at times where the story could do with some developing).

[video="youtube;i67q3oQwyRM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i67q3oQwyRM[/video]

No idea TBH. It's a small film so it might not get a wide international release. I'm just gonna keep an eye out for it online like I usually do, haha. I still have a few of Nawazuddin's previous performances to catch up on though - particularly Raman Raghav 2.0 and Freaky Ali which I really want to see. They're on my list. :smile:

Lol, yeah I think it wasn't a good idea to watch Dear Zindagi with your bros. Like you say, it's not really the type of film you can enjoy in that company. Kahaani 2 would have been my choice, otherwise Befikre (which is fantastic) - but even that is a rom-com as well. Depends what your friends enjoy, but I can't imagine there are many guys out there who are into romances as much as I am, haha. Dear Zindagi seems like the type of film you should watch on a date - I would have taken my girl to see it but she's been away for a while. Hoping to take her to see Raees when that comes out. :smile: In fact, Raees looks like exactly the type of film you should see with your bros. Judging by the trailer, there's some serious action/drama scenes in it.

Original post by DesiDaru
Any Badshah fans here?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me! I love his songs in both the Punjabi and Hindi music industries. And I saw him perform live earlier this year - he's brilliant. Seems to me that he's overtaking Yo Yo Honey Singh now, which is a massive achievement. :smile:
Currently these are the three most versatile and successful Bollywood actors - but it's a shame not to see SRK on this list. Hopefully he'll be back on it with his two powerhouse performances coming this year. :smile:

http://www.koimoi.com/box-office/akshay-kumar-aamir-khan-salman-khan-score-biggest-as-300-crore-superstars-of-2016/
Happy New Year everyone! Hope you all have a wonderful 2017. :smile:

It's that time of year again when I like to write my list of the best Bollywood movies of the year. Here are my favourites of 2016 (in no particular order):

Spoiler

And the films I'm most excited for in 2017:

Spoiler

Long Live Bollywood :biggrin:
This looks fantastic :biggrin:

[video="youtube;B-tC0wcIu24"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-tC0wcIu24[/video]
Hong Kong martial arts comedy with a Bollywood flavour, yay :tongue:

[video="youtube;X1yKTaIht-0"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1yKTaIht-0[/video]
RIP Om Puri :cry2:

He was that kind of actor who, if you saw his name associated to a film, you just knew that he'd be amazing in it. I loved his comic timing and he was incredibly versatile as well.

Like recently I remember him playing a molvi in Bajrangi Bhaijaan. Even in such a small role he was simply outstanding! :ahee:
Original post by Indeterminate
RIP Om Puri :cry2:

He was that kind of actor who, if you saw his name associated to a film, you just knew that he'd be amazing in it. I loved his comic timing and he was incredibly versatile as well.

Like recently I remember him playing a molvi in Bajrangi Bhaijaan. Even in such a small role he was simply outstanding! :ahee:

RIP Om Puri. It's a sad day for Bollywood fans all over the world. Such a talented actor, respected and adored by fellow actors and his audience. Even though he was more established in Bollywood, I'll probably remember him most as George from East Is East. A fantastic film that I saw before I became interested in Bollywood, at which point I discovered a wealth of other great performances from him. Here's a reminder of some of his best work:

http://www.firstpost.com/bollywood/om-puri-dead-five-films-that-immortalised-the-seasoned-and-versatile-actor-3190632.html
Just watched Kabhi Kushi Kabhi Gham- my childhood film! Grew up watching this film, idolised 'Poo' for years only to now find THE most annoying character in the film :rofl:
Original post by CleverSquirrel
Just watched Kabhi Kushi Kabhi Gham- my childhood film! Grew up watching this film, idolised 'Poo' for years only to now find THE most annoying character in the film :rofl:

Haha, apart from Sholay, KKKG is probably the best ensemble film ever made in Bollywood. The whole film just works perfectly. :biggrin:

I'm sure you're not the only one who idolised Poo, lol. Kareena is stunning on screen and she's even more gorgeous in person!

For me, it was SRK and Hrithik who I really idolised after seeing KKKG for the first time. HR's dancing is on another level in all those amazing songs :biggrin:
This year Indian idol consists of some great contestants. If anyone watches Indian idol. Too addicted to Bollywood songs.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Samosa and Vada
This year Indian idol consists of some great contestants. If anyone watches Indian idol. Too addicted to Bollywood songs.

Yeah I'm loving it, but it's clashing with Dil Hai Hindustani on Star Plus, which I'm preferring as the novelty factor of Indian Idol has worn off. Trying to make time for both though :tongue:
Original post by Samosa and Vada

Haven't seen Indian Idol but I do enjoy MTV Roadies every now and then (at least, the clips I can see on YouTube). I don't have access to the Indian TV channels all the time so I make do with YouTube and other free websites, haha. I have been getting into Koffee With Karan Season 5 and I'm in the middle of my first Pakistani drama, Humsafar. The only reason I started watching it is because I was curious to see what Fawad Khan and Mahira Khan did before their success in Bollywood, but it's amazing and I'm really enjoying it. They're both fantastic actors and I'm pleased to see Pakistani talent going far in India, despite all the backlash they've had since the attacks in Kashmir.
Original post by RVNmax
Yeah I'm loving it, but it's clashing with Dil Hai Hindustani on Star Plus, which I'm preferring as the novelty factor of Indian Idol has worn off. Trying to make time for both though :tongue:

I watch both. :smile: I think you should watch this year of indian idol. It will probably be the best.
Original post by asif007
This looks fantastic :biggrin:

[video="youtube;B-tC0wcIu24"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-tC0wcIu24[/video]

I saw the trailer for this and it's amasing , also Kangana is a great actress and hasn't done a movie in a while , so it's good to see her back in business :wink:
Original post by Ria25
I saw the trailer for this and it's amasing , also Kangana is a great actress and hasn't done a movie in a while , so it's good to see her back in business :wink:

I love the trailer for Rangoon. Shahid Kapoor is doing excellent dramatic films now - first Haider and Udta Punjab, now Rangoon and Padmavati coming up next. He's versatile and proven himself a strong actor as well as a fantastic dancer, yay. On top of that, he's a really cool guy and great fun to talk to. :biggrin:

I haven't seen most of Kangana's movies but I enjoyed her performance in Tanu Weds Manu. I preferred that one to the sequel. Queen is probably her best movie but she was also great in Krrish 3, Shootout At Wadala and Shakalaka Boom Boom (a guilty pleasure film). :tongue:

Who are your favourite Bollywood actors/actresses? :smile:
Filmed extensively in Birmingham about 18 months ago :smile:

[video="youtube;Aj2PpWSzJ84"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aj2PpWSzJ84[/video]
Does this remind you of the Hollywood film Friend Request?

And Bollywood is apparently making up new film genres now. What's a "social media thriller"? Cos this looks like a standard horror film, lol :tongue:

[video="youtube;fK9QXk6NX-g"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fK9QXk6NX-g[/video]
Original post by asif007
I love the trailer for Rangoon. Shahid Kapoor is doing excellent dramatic films now - first Haider and Udta Punjab, now Rangoon and Padmavati coming up next. He's versatile and proven himself a strong actor as well as a fantastic dancer, yay. On top of that, he's a really cool guy and great fun to talk to. :biggrin:

I haven't seen most of Kangana's movies but I enjoyed her performance in Tanu Weds Manu. I preferred that one to the sequel. Queen is probably her best movie but she was also great in Krrish 3, Shootout At Wadala and Shakalaka Boom Boom (a guilty pleasure film). :tongue:

Who are your favourite Bollywood actors/actresses? :smile:

Yes your right , I definitely agree.
My favourite actress is Jacqueline Fernandez and my faciourute actor is Shahid Kapoor and Kangana is great also I like her movie Tanya weds manu , but also her performance in Krrish 3 , I liked her character very much on there .

What are you favourite actress/actors ?
Hi guys
I'm Sunny deol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending