The Student Room Group

Hilter was Austrian not German

For the people who say he is German. Please search it up

Scroll to see replies

He did not believe Austria was a separate identity, but rather part of the German race. He was in the German army during WW1. Spoke German, went through the German political process, spent time in German jail, had German citizenship and was leader of Germany.

How could he possibly be considered Austrian just because he was born there?
OK....:s-smilie:
Original post by TheExtrovertGod
He did not believe Austria was a separate identity, but rather part of the German race. He was in the German army during WW1. Spoke German, went through the German political process, spent time in German jail, had German citizenship and was leader of Germany.

Still Austrian
Original post by Anonymous
Still Austrian

Ethnically speaking what even is an Austrian? I actually don't know but I don't think there's a great difference between Germans in Bavaria and those in Vienna.
Reply 5

Lol you do realise that people in Austria speak German too?
Original post by Roses147
Lol you do realise that people in Austria speak German too?

Course I do, Austrians are a Germanic people. I was simply pointing out that linguistically they are virtually identical (apart from regional dialect, vocab etc). It's called German not Austrian.
We know.
I wonder if those who do think he is German can actually spell his name correctly though?
Original post by Tempest II
I wonder if those who do think he is German can actually spell his name correctly though?

He considered himself German, as well as Britons (to some degree), the logic is pretty simple to anyone intimate with history, Austrians and Germans are both descendants of Germanic tribes, lived in the same space for thousands of years and those national divisions only really arose in the early nineteenth century based on fairly artificial political considerations.
He had German citizenship, thus German.
Reply 11
Original post by Pikachū

No Austrian
Original post by Pikachū

And fought for Germany. Ffs the guy deliberately avoided draft into Austrian army because he wanted to fight for Germany :lol:

Because you are where you come from?
Original post by England113
No Austrian

Nope.
I have both Turkish and English citizenship, I grew up in England, if I said 'I am Turkish' it wouldn't make me not English.
'Coming from Austria' and having German citizenship are different
Original post by Chichaldo
Because you are where you come from?

In his case his town was German until 1866 when it was arbitrarily annexed... Most people considered themselves German, so yes, you are where you come from, and Hitler was German not Austrian. Where do you think nationality even comes from?
In his case his town was German until 1866 when it was arbitrarily annexed... Most people considered themselves German, so yes, you are where you come from, and Hitler was German not Austrian. Where do you think nationality even comes from?

From your birth place, fact of the matter is Hitler was born in 89, thus Austrian.
cool I never actually new Hitler was Australian

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending