The 2017 Oxford Decisions Discussion Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LucySW123
Thank you! No, I got the email on 11th but forgot to post it on TSR haha

What were your grades like?
Original post by A_Sircar
Thank you, you too!
And nope, nobody I know got in.

I've actually been in touch with people now and know who else got offers :smile: We're thinking of making a group chat on facebook for geo at Christ Church if you want to join?
Original post by auburnstar
What were your grades like?

My predicted grades are A*A*A*A in maths,further maths,physics and economics.
My AS grades are aaaa.
Original post by LucySW123
Subject: Maths&cs
College: Worcester
Outcome:redface:pen offer
How did you find out: Email
How do you feel?: Very happy!

Congratulations! 😎
Come and introduce yourself on the 2017 Open Offer Holder Thread
Original post by scorpydo
I've actually been in touch with people now and know who else got offers :smile: We're thinking of making a group chat on facebook for geo at Christ Church if you want to join?

Oh yeah, that'd be great. Thank you so much! :smile:
Original post by A_Sircar
Oh yeah, that'd be great. Thank you so much! :smile:

Cool I've sent you a private message
Subject: Physics
College: Open (underwritten my Mansfield)
Outcome: Success
How did you find out? (Email/Letter/Owl): Email at half twelve on Wednesday, letter reached me Thursday afternoon
How do you feel?: Very happy! Definitely helps that many of my friends also have offers so I'll know people there.
Did all those who were advised by email also receive a letter?
Wanted a letter for posterity but still waiting. (Asking for my son - he's not bothered but I am!)
Reply 428
Original post by rosered98
Wanted a letter for posterity but still waiting. (Asking for my son - he's not bothered but I am!)

I have received one, I believe everyone does. Mine arrived on Friday and I live in Romania, if that helps.
Original post by rosered98

I received my "real" letter in the US on Saturday.
Reply 430
Original post by skitheeast
I received my "real" letter in the US on Saturday.

Wait do international students get letters as well?
Reply 431
Subject: Economics and Management
College: Balliol
Outcome: Conditional at AAA (for Singapore version of A levels)
How did you find out? (Email/Letter/Owl): Email at 10:17am London time
How do you feel?: As if it is a dream
Reply 432
Does anyone know if there is an opportunity to visit the uni on like an offer holders day?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Henry Atkinson

Come and say hello in the 2017 Entry Open Offer Holders thread
Reply 434
Original post by Ehmb
Does anyone know if there is an opportunity to visit the uni on like an offer holders day?

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you were given an offer by a college other than the one you primarily interviewed at then they may have a day for you to look around (varies by college), but otherwise almost certainly not.
Original post by Ehmb

Posted from TSR Mobile

If there's no specific offer holder events, there's nothing to stop you from going along to the next University-wide Open Days - details here.

You could also ring the college Porters, and ask them if you could have a personal tour. Thirdly, there is an annual alumnus weekend at Oxford, where many departments put on special lectures and research presentations. I think it is 15-17 September this year. Alumni are invited, and can take guests, so if you know an alumnus....
Original post by D-brane
Subject: Physics

College: St Hilda's

Outcome: Conditional Offer (9 out of 10 at Romanian Baccalaureate)

How did you find out? (Email/Letter/Owl): Email

How do you feel?: I am still trying to digest this thing, I was extremely excited for the first 3-4 hours. I was expecting this offer since I did almost perfect regarding the PAT and the interviews. Also, I was hoping to get an offer from my second college (St John's), but that was statiscally very improbable. What I can say more is that I can't wait to learn all those things, get in touch with the professors and tutors and the other passionate physics (and not only) students. If there is anyone who also got into St Hilda's for Physics or any other college, I would be pleased to have a conversation about this whole process.

Same!!!I must have seen you during the meeting of physics applicants at st hildas ,haha.:biggrin:
Reply 437
Finally heard back and got an offer, but for only one of the two courses I applied for. Probably not taking it, as I wanted to study both. Sigh.
Offer for history at univ- email on the 11th, letter on the 12th. Very happy obviously, but terrified about the workload!
Original post by Ehmb

Posted from TSR Mobile

You should ask your college. My college (St. Peter's) has one, whether you applied there directly or not.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending