The Student Room Group

Induction cooker

I live in a self-contained apartment that has two electric hobs. They are really small, so my wok/pan doesn't fit properly so getting an even heat distribution takes ages. They are very slow to heat up, and because of how close the hobs are positioned together, I can only ever fit one pan on at a time. The maximum temperature the hobs get to is ridiculously low, and it's impossible to get a beautiful sear on steaks/meat. It just kind of boils it into a miserable grey colour.

So, I've thought of buying an induction hob. All of my pans/pots are compatible, it's easy to clean and I can even set the temperature up to 240 deg C, a timer and power settings.

What are your experiences of induction cooking, and is this a good idea? My main concern is the temperature, I want something nice and hot!
Screw you guys I'll buy it anyway.
Reply 2
Original post by hezzlington
Screw you guys I'll buy it anyway.

My main concern is the temperature, I want something nice and hot!

That made me laugh. :rofl: :rofl:
Original post by EC
My main concern is the temperature, I want something nice and hot!

That made me laugh. :rofl: :rofl:

Imagination getting the better of you, eh?
Reply 4
Imagination getting the better of you, eh?

I mean you know your priorities when it comes to cookers....
Original post by EC
I mean you know your priorities when it comes to cookers....

I'm a man who tends to know what he wants. Sometimes.
Reply 6
I'm a man who tends to know what he wants. Sometimes.

If you knew what you wanted why did you need TSR's opinion on cookers
Original post by EC
If you knew what you wanted why did you need TSR's opinion on cookers

Well I wanted an induction cooker so I made a thread about peoples experience with them. :dontknow:
Reply 8
Well I wanted an induction cooker so I made a thread about peoples experience with them. :dontknow:

Well, honestly I think induction cookers are the only reason on this earth why I haven't burned the entire kitchen just yet so I strongly recommend. :rofl:
Original post by EC
Well, honestly I think induction cookers are the only reason on this earth why I haven't burned the entire kitchen just yet so I strongly recommend. :rofl:

i don't get what the power setting does though.

You have a temperature setting and a power setting. :dontknow:
Reply 10
i don't get what the power setting does though.

You have a temperature setting and a power setting. :dontknow:

So I don't know if what I have it's called a power button, but I have something under temperature in order to intensify it like if I want fast heating. But I think it depends on the cooker, each one comes with instructions.
Original post by EC
So I don't know if what I have it's called a power button, but I have something under temperature in order to intensify it like if I want fast heating. But I think it depends on the cooker, each one comes with instructions.

That sounds like power to me. Awesome cheers <3

Quick Reply

Latest