The Student Room Group

Hilter was Austrian not German

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Chichaldo
From your birth place, fact of the matter is Hitler was born in 89, thus Austrian.

So people born in Greece after Roman occupation were Romans? There is a distinction between government and national identity, many Germans lived in Austria. Hitler was one of those.
National identity did not even exist in the sense it does today, look at Bolivia as an example, most of the country self identifies as another group entirely.
It's how I see it, personally I'm not too concern as to which nationality Hitler is said to have been.
Honestly, i think it's much more important that we remember Hitler was a white male
It's how I see it, personally I'm not too concern as to which nationality Hitler is said to have been.

Well no offence but 90 million people in Nazi Germany accepted it so i'm having difficulty understanding why people here are having so many problems.
Because you are where you come from?

Joanna Lumley was born in India. It doesn't make her Indian though.
Quote:
Hitchens

"As is said, the two great achievements of Austria, was to convince the world that Hitler was German, and that Beethoven was Viennese."
Original post by markova21
Joanna Lumley was born in India. It doesn't make her Indian though.

Why not aha, I wouldn't have a problem with saying she's Indian.
Original post by NickLCFC
Honestly, i think it's much more important that we remember Hitler was a white male

Agreed, but I think we should also remember that he was heterosexual and cis
Austria was a leading German state before unification. It's only an independent country now due to them being on the losing side of historical events.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Austro-Prussian_War#Aftermath_and_consequences
cool I never actually new Hitler was Australian

"G'day Sheila, put the barbie on and crack me open a tinny, love! Tough day today, fuarkin' Jews not taking their showers and that pommy c*** Churchill is still all over my arse..."
Reply 31
Original post by WoodyMKC
"G'day Sheila, put the barbie on and crack me open a tinny, love! Tough day today, fuarkin' Jews not taking their showers and that pommy c*** Churchill is still all over my arse..."

Shut up you unfunny clown.
To all who are saying that since Hitler said he was German he is German, you are aware it does not work like that at all. He was born and grew up in Austria and due to his 'extended stay' in Germany could probably be classed as dual german-austrian nationality.

Just because he claims he's X, doesn't mean he is.

I was born in England but I can't waltz around claiming I'm a true Russian despite never having been brought up there.
Reply 33
Original post by WoodyMKC
Just showed my post to your mum, she thought it was hilarious. She was busy sucking my knob as well so I wasn't sure she'd take it in, but :h:

I am taking screenshots of all the abuse you shout at me and I will take it to
tsr hq and demand them to do something about it.
Original post by Inexorably
To all who are saying that since Hitler said he was German he is German, you are aware it does not work like that at all. He was born and grew up in Austria and due to his 'extended stay' in Germany could probably be classed as dual german-austrian nationality.

Just because he claims he's X, doesn't mean he is.

I was born in England but I can't waltz around claiming I'm a true Russian despite never having been brought up there.

It's a different situation though to claiming some random nationality thousands of miles away.

If the UK kicked out one of it's regions due to a dispute with another region it wouldn't be abnormal for the inhabitants of the expelled region to still consider themselves as being British. They'd have joined Germany anyway after WW1 if the allies hadn't stopped them from doing so.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by England113
For the people who say he is German. Please search it up

I was thinking just the other day how many times a week there are threads stating Hitler is German....
Original post by 999tigger
I was thinking just the other day how many times a week there are threads stating Hitler is German....

:laugh:

Stalin wasn't Russian.

Napoleon wasn't French.

Richard the Lionheart wasn't English

Funny old world eh. :smile:
Reply 37

No Austrian
No he was actually Israeli seriously it's a fact look it up do your own research illuminati confirmed.
Original post by England113
For the people who say he is German. Please search it up

So? What's your point?

And FYI hitler believed in a Germanic race etc so he thought of himself as German

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending