The Student Room Group

I think I'm screwed (UCAS application problems)

I haven't written my personal statement yet, have no references, haven't even made up my mind on where I want to go. I have to get medical information to send off with my application which will take at least another week. I'm already late at this point and I'm at a disadvantage (2.5 A levels instead of 3). I know my chances of getting a place anywhere semi decent are pretty much 0 now

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by xxVENUSx
I haven't written my personal statement yet, have no references, haven't even made up my mind on where I want to go. I have to get medical information to send off with my application which will take at least another week. I'm already late at this point and I'm at a disadvantage (2.5 A levels instead of 3). I know my chances of getting a place anywhere semi decent are pretty much 0 now

Apply to London Metropolitan University :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by AshEntropy
Apply to London Metropolitan University :smile:

Not funny...
Reply 3
The deadline was yesterday. Your only chance is Ucas Extra.
Reply 4
Original post by Pikachū

Pikachuuuuu
Reply 5
Check what Unis typically go into clearing and apply for them, they will most likely have available spaces even after the equal consideration deadline you missed.
Reply 6
Original post by AshEntropy
Pikachuuuuu

pika pika

You can either make a late application to universities that are willing to consider late applications (some courses have a strict policy of not considering late applications) - you'll need to check with universities whether they do before applying - or you can wait and see what's available in Clearing.

If you're really unsure about what you want to do, it might be best to take a year out and apply next year. It's important to get it right because you'd be wasting more than just your time if you applied for any old course that will have you.
Reply 8
Not funny...

Lol, calm down. There's still a chance to find a university place through extra from february and then through clearing if that doesn't go well.
Reply 9
Original post by Pikachū
pika pika

Reply 10
Not funny...

Well, I'm sorry to say but you'll only be able to apply to universities that accept late submissions.
Reply 11
Original post by Pikachū

Not quite. To apply through Extra, you already need to have used your 5 choices
Original post by Juno
Not quite. To apply through Extra, you already need to have used your 5 choices

Pretty sure you can still apply, infact I'm certain. A girl in my school left it too late and applied later somehow and got in that year. Not sure if it was Extra or a different service, though
Reply 13
Original post by Pikachū
Pretty sure you can still apply, infact I'm certain. A girl in my school left it too late and applied later somehow and got in that year. Not sure if it was Extra or a different service, though

You can apply as a late application, but that's not Extra
Original post by Juno

Ah fair enough, sorry for the confusion :smile:
Reply 15
I don't even know what to write for my personal statement, I just want to do computer science because there are more jobs in that area and that I want a decent salary. The personal statements I've read make it seem like you have to have always wanted to do computer science, I just want a decent salary
Reply 16
Original post by Juno

Everytime I see your username, I think it says "Geno" and think of:

Reply 17
I don't even know what to write for my personal statement, I just want to do computer science because there are more jobs in that area and that I want a decent salary. The personal statements I've read make it seem like you have to have always wanted to do computer science, I just want a decent salary

You're a bit late dude, why not just take a gap year and apply next year? You could learn how to code during your gap year? c:
Reply 18

You're applying for all the wrong reasons. Take a year out and decide what you really want to do and where you want to go. There's no rush!

What's your Alevels?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending