The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hi I am really struggling with projectile questions in physics
Could u please suggest some books or even websites that particularly have these sort of questions. also i have a A level physics by roger muncaster but it doesnt have worked out solutions could u please suggest a site that provides these solutions. ITS REALLY URGENT
thank u
cheers
Arjun
Has anyone got any tips for improving grades in AS physics? So far in my module tests I've got A,E and C so it's pretty all over the shop. For revision, I've been making notes on the topics and doing past paper questions from physicsandmathstutor but I find the questions ridiculously difficult and totally different to what we've been doing in class, which has been easy. Any help would be appreciated, thanks :smile:
I am studying Edexcel IAL Physics but which book should I use?

Spoiler

51d7lPcl4ZL.jpg
Should I use this(2008 specification) or the 2015 specification?
Original post by Reshyna

Spoiler

51d7lPcl4ZL.jpg

I used the 2015 one
Original post by DaVinciGirl
I used the 2015 one

When did u take ur a-level exam? Are you taking the Edexcel IAL? Was the book suitable for the exam paper?
Original post by Reshyna

Spoiler

51d7lPcl4ZL.jpg

I am using the 2008 one
Original post by sarah99630
I am using the 2008 one

So was the book suitable for the exam? Or did the exam include questions out of the book?
Original post by Reshyna
So was the book suitable for the exam? Or did the exam include questions out of the book?

I'm sitting for the unitn1 exam in january so I'm using this book..it is relevant to the IAL specification...although of course,physics papers always have things that are not in books so i guess practice with pastpapers will help in that case.
Original post by sarah99630
I'm sitting for the unitn1 exam in january so I'm using this book..it is relevant to the IAL specification...although of course,physics papers always have things that are not in books so i guess practice with pastpapers will help in that case.

OK
Original post by Reshyna

That book is pretty okay, but I would also suggest using the Hodders Physics text book cuz it explains things in a better manner than the Pearson one, esp if you're looking to have a better understanding of the concepts.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by arjun23726832
Hi I am really struggling with projectile questions in physics
Could u please suggest some books or even websites that particularly have these sort of questions. also i have a A level physics by roger muncaster but it doesnt have worked out solutions could u please suggest a site that provides these solutions. ITS REALLY URGENT
thank u
cheers
Arjun

Check out physicsandmathstutor.com
They have notes + worked out examples + extra questions from past papers combined for each topic.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Droneon
That book is pretty okay, but I would also suggest using the Hodders Physics text book cuz it explains things in a better manner than the Pearson one, esp if you're looking to have a better understanding of the concepts.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you for your help.
Original post by Md1010
NEED HELP! Okay guys so I gave my AS exam in may/june last year for chem, phy and bio and I got all U's. I resat physics and bio and got E's in both of them even though I worked really really hard. I can't drop these subjects and I don't want to resit a third time. So is it possible to improve an E to maybe a C or B in A2 level?

Look up UMS and grade boundaries. The AS grade doesn't matter, the UMS does. You need a certain number of points, so if you start low in AS then you have to get more marks in A2 to make up, and it might not even be mathematically possible even with full marks. It's just maths really, it'll be harder.

But generally if you got an E or U at AS level, you're not going to get much better at A2, not enough for B or C overall. It sounds like A Levels don't work for you and you should try another avenue, or just wait a few years when you're older. Exams aren't for everyone, and GCSE is no indicator at all as to how well you'll take to the run-and-gun and sloppy answering approach needed for A level exams.

If these are the new A levels that probably doesn't reflect better. The old A levels, in the last few years particularly, were rigged so that one wrong or missed answer would drop you a grade, so it wasn't very good as an indicator. 100% correct answers but without every extra mark would still not get you a B. But I assume the new A levels are better with its UMS.
(edited 7 years ago)
Anyone taking Edexcel AS Physics (IAL). Then feel free to join the discussion here.

Edexcel AS Physics:
Unit 01: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4498104
Unit 02: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=4500186
Unit 03: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=4500702
Original post by Nav_Mallhi
Hey guys! I did AQA AS Physics and it's easy!
Feel free to ask for advice. :smile:

is a level physics hard?
cool
CCEA links?
Original post by ScienceGeek!
How many people doing physics doing Maths and F Maths too? By the way Edexcel for Physics :biggrin:

Exactly what im doing but with chem as well
But OCR physics
How did you find FM - did you do M1?
I need help with this question i dont know how to solve thisIn a film stunt, a car is driven off a cliff with a horizontal velocity of 11.6 ms-1. The cliff face is vertical, and the cliff is 23.6 m high.Calculate the distance in m from the base of the cliff to the point where the car strikes the ground, to 1d.p.
Can someone help me with this question. I don't understand the solutionIMG_3203.JPG
Attachment not found

Latest