The Student Room Group

Obama's Presidency Vote

Scroll to see replies

Original post by astutehirstute
I think you need to do some research into the beliefs, life and achievements of Dr Martin Luther King Jr.

The success of the civil rights movement, and the reason, as its undisputed leader, he has gone done in history as one of the great figures of the twentieth century, is because he preached non violent civil disobedience.

And he was universally listened to?
I think he's been very good! A decent man
Original post by yudothis
And he was universally listened to?

No of course he wasn't.

Don't tell me, your civil rights "heroes" are the Black Panthers, Malcolm X and the Nation of Islam.

Plus ca change...
No of course he wasn't.

Don't tell me, your civil rights "heroes" are the Black Panthers, Malcolm X and the Nation of Islam.

Plus ca change...

And you think women's rights were also achieved peacefully?

Fact of the matter is blacks are standing up for themselves and the violence arises because whites want to keep them down.
Reply 84

Fact of the matter is blacks are standing up for themselves and the violence arises because whites want to keep them down.

And the kkk are standing up for themselves and violence only arises because of blacks keeping them down
Original post by joecphillips
And the kkk are standing up for themselves and violence only arises because of blacks keeping them down

Who is keeping them down? The blacks or the laws made by mostly white people?

*****y try, not witty not funny.
Reply 86
Who is keeping them down? The blacks or the laws made by mostly white people?

*****y try, not witty not funny.

Who is keeping black people down? What law is there that is targeting only black people? If black people are oppressed how did a black man have 2 terms in the top job? Who would of thought in a mainly white country most law makers would be white?

It's good to know you condone terrorism
(edited 7 years ago)
Who is keeping black people down? What law is there that is targeting only black people? If black people are oppressed how did a black man have 2 terms in the top job? Who would of thought in a mainly white country most law makers would be white?

It's good to know you condone terrorism

Awww your argument has alraedy resorted to "what they do is terrorism". How cute.

ps what does mainly white mean? I think you would want to check that out about American and it being white :wink:
Considering the constraints since 2010 i tend to think that he's done well overall.
Reply 89
Awww your argument has alraedy resorted to "what they do is terrorism". How cute.

ps what does mainly white mean? I think you would want to check that out about American and it being white :wink:

A country that is 77% white is mainly white.

Property destruction, calls for killing police, people answering those calls and other acts all class as terrorist acts

"Domestic terrorism" means activities with the following three characteristics: Involve acts dangerous to human life that violate federal or state law;
Appear intended (i) to intimidate or coerce a civilian population; (ii) to influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or (iii) to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination. or kidnapping; and
Occur primarily within the territorial jurisdiction of the U.S.

Blm match those 3 characteristics

Yes I do, actually. In the sense you mean anyway.

Women's suffrage, the ability of women to matriculate at Oxbridge, the opening up of employment opportunities for women, the things we now take for granted as the rights of women, were all occasioned by the complete social revolution caused by the First Word War.

That wasn't peaceful in itself obviously, hardly, but women's rights were a peaceful bye product.

Is it seriously your position that it was Emily Davison throwing herself in front of a horse that achieved female suffrage, and not the fact that millions of women had done the jobs of men who were away or died at the front, during the war years??
A country that is 77% white is mainly white.

Property destruction, calls for killing police, people answering those calls and other acts all class as terrorist acts

"Domestic terrorism" means activities with the following three characteristics: Involve acts dangerous to human life that violate federal or state law;
Appear intended (i) to intimidate or coerce a civilian population; (ii) to influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or (iii) to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination. or kidnapping; and
Occur primarily within the territorial jurisdiction of the U.S.

Blm match those 3 characteristics

And yet Dylan Roof isn't a terrorist.

And did you also check out when they are expected to no longer be a majority? That will be fun :smile: Damn being rich and having a low birth rate.
That wasn't peaceful in itself obviously, hardly, but women's rights were a peaceful bye product.

There you go.
There you go.

There you go where?
There you go where?

I think you know where.
I think you know where.

I don't. I really don't.

The whole argument (I thought anyway) was about how the "violent" struggle of women had brought about female emancipation. All those suffragettes going on hunger strike and getting force fed, like foie gras geese, in Holloway prison.
Original post by jape
Well he's almost out, and unless he does something really good or astonishingly bad with pardons the Obama administration has effectively come to a close.

How do we think he's done?

Plus points:
* The passage of the Affordable Care Act
* Left Iraq
* Bin Laden dead
* Lack of high-profile scandals

Negatives
* Foreign Policy ineptitude led to more instability in the Arab World
* Race relations deteriorated and political polarization rose
* Slowest economic recovery since 1930s.
* Numerous incidents of government malpractice (ie Fast and Furious)

Not many there, I'm sure you know of more, but I'm trying to be as impartial as I can. Vote on your cellphones now.

He was like Watchdogs 1, just didn't live up to the hype. Not even close
How 'very well' is winning this poll I don't know, but it's not surprising considering how the average British person knows very little about Obama.
I don't. I really don't.

The whole argument (I thought anyway) was about how the "violent" struggle of women had brought about female emancipation. All those suffragettes going on hunger strike and getting force fed, like foie gras geese, in Holloway prison.

You wrote it yourself. You just dismissed it as a byproduct.
people who think obama did well politically don't follow politics
from left to right, most people understand that he was a total disappointment
"but hey, he was a funny black guy, so therefore he was the dog's *******s"
they won't tell you to your face but that is the only reason they voted for him doing "very well"
I mean, what if he were a charismatic dictator? is it all really that relative?
why not judge it all objectively and absolutely on their policies and not personalities?
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending