The Student Room Group

ONLINE MEDICAL INTERVIEW PRACTICE 2017 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bex.anne
For a question asking your biggest weakness, would it be okay to say something along the lines of I forgive easily or will that make me look like I wont be stern enough as a doctor

You'll have to clarify a little on WHY this would be a weakness exactly.
You don't have to be very stern as a doctor, and I bet you'll always have patients who don't take their meds as advised.

Does that help ? :colondollar:
Love this thread!

I have a few questions:
1. What are the problems faced by GP's in rural areas and why is this so?
2. What is the difference between healthcare services in terms of GP practice in urban and rural areas?
3. Why must there be standard regulations for medical schools?
Original post by Rifdhy
How would you, as a doctor, deal with the emotions of dealing with patients?
This is a question I find difficult, can anyone help?

Original post by BlueBlizzard
PRSOM :biggrin:

Have a look at the TSR Med Students thread, I posted the question there and there's some pretty good answers
Original post by Nottie
Have a look at the TSR Med Students thread, I posted the question there and there's some pretty good answers

Merci :hugs:
Original post by medicinehopefulx28
Love this thread!

I have a few questions:
1. What are the problems faced by GP's in rural areas and why is this so?
2. What is the difference between healthcare services in terms of GP practice in urban and rural areas?
3. Why must there be standard regulations for medical schools?

1 and 2 are bascially the same question. I'd say the biggest difference is patients demographics. You tend to see elderly people more in rural areas and young in urban. Therefore, the nature of medicine is different, you will be dealing with chronic diseases more than contraception if you are a rural GP. Its probably also harder to get any external tests (such as MRIs) done when there's no hospital nearby. It requires rural GP to be more organised in terms of providing amublance transportation for their patients. You'd also get more home visits if its elderly people you are mainly dealing with.

3. You want to have same doctors all over the country and hence the education they get must be roughly the same.
Original post by PanickingYear12
1. What would you change about the structure of the NHS?

2. How would you manage the problem of hospital beds?

Apologies, I'm not well-versed with the NHS enough to suggest changes :colondollar:

- Increase staffing - nursing.

- Effective communication between wards and staff (nursing - cleaning staff)

- Support organisations in the community for individuals who have no one to take care of them at home.

- Effective discharge planning.

Hope this answers your question :biggrin: :hugs:
what is the structure of the NHS? ( or at leas what should we know)
Reply 327
Original post by Nottie
You mean your own emotions when delivering bad news or dealing with patients emotions once they hear something bad?

The emotions of a doctor
Reply 328
Original post by Nottie

Thanks, do you mind linking it? Can't seem to find it. How is uni application going so far?
What should the NHS spend money on?
Original post by Rifdhy
Thanks, do you mind linking it? Can't seem to find it. How is uni application going so far?

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4201194&p=69575078&page=69#post69575078
I'm already a med student haha. 3rd year at Nottingham
Reply 331

Thank you so much! I see you've asked the question already :smile:

Apologies, I'm not well-versed with the NHS enough to suggest changes :colondollar:

- Support organisations in the community for individuals who have no one to take care of them at home.

I'd let you in my med school if I was the interviewer :tongue:

NHS:
https://www.kingsfund.org.uk/projects/nhs-65/alternative-guide-new-nhs-england
I'd let you in my med school if I was the interviewer :tongue:

I'm flattered :tongue:
Reply 335
Original post by bex.anne
For a question asking your biggest weakness, would it be okay to say something along the lines of I forgive easily or will that make me look like I wont be stern enough as a doctor

Medical schools want you to say an actual weakness. Forgiving easily isn't really a weakness - why would it be? The main thing they want you to be able to do is say something you genuinely find difficult i.e. time management/talking to people etc and then give ways that you are trying to or managing to improve on it.

Experience: I have been trained and get paid to run mock interviews and mentor year 12-13 by my medical school

What would your answer be though? :colondollar: What would you want to change about the NHS?
Reply 337
Thinking only about fictional doctors, who would you most like to be like and why?

The European Working Time Directive limits the hours that you can work. What do you think about this? What do you think consultants think about it?
Original post by ax12
Thinking only about fictional doctors, who would you most like to be like and why?

The European Working Time Directive limits the hours that you can work. What do you think about this? What do you think consultants think about it?

I really wanna say House because he is so cool but I think the way he practices probably violates every ethical guideline so
I really wanna say House because he is so cool but I think the way he practices probably violates every ethical guideline so

I said House in one of my interviews and I got the place. I emphasised his way of viewing it as a puzzle and then said that I wanted to be like him in no other way lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending