The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mehokay
Looks like I spoke too soon, it updated an hour ago, lol. I applied to Newnham to read Law, what about you?

Haha it knew you were waiting for it. NatSci at Queens' College!
Anyone feel like they've suddenly become more productive this week?
I have had an offer of A*A*A even though I am doing 4 subjects, what does this mean for my 4th subject?
Original post by Elizakingsmith
I have had an offer of A*A*A even though I am doing 4 subjects, what does this mean for my 4th subject?

It probably doesn't matter what you get in the 4th subject. I would check with your college if you are unsure.
Reply 484

It means you still need to do it, but the grade doesn't matter.

Did they specify any subjects for the A*A*A?

Posted from TSR Mobile
my offer specifically excludes a subject, what do i do then? does this mean i could drop it?
Reply 486
Original post by ImogenWiles96
my offer specifically excludes a subject, what do i do then? does this mean i could drop it?

Not necessarily. But you can ask your college (and any other university you hold offers with).

You can't unilaterally change your application by just dropping a subject, but if you ask first they *might* agree. Or not.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jneill
It means you still need to do it, but the grade doesn't matter.

Did they specify any subjects for the A*A*A?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeh they wanted an A* in further maths and and A* in either chemistry or physics but said nothing about maths?
Reply 488
Yeh they wanted an A* in further maths and and A* in either chemistry or physics but said nothing about maths?

Hmm, maybe check with them. I imagine you would need an A in Maths. It's pretty difficult to get an A* in FM without at least an A in Maths....
Original post by jneill
Hmm, maybe check with them. I imagine you would need an A in Maths. It's pretty difficult to get an A* in FM without at least an A in Maths....

Yeah I've emailed them now just seemed weird as other people doing 4 subjects at my college have been given a 4 grade offer, thank you though!
Original post by jneill
Not necessarily. But you can ask your college (and any other university you hold offers with).

You can't unilaterally change your application by just dropping a subject, but if you ask first they *might* agree. Or not.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Considering they've excluded it entirely, my school thinks it should be fine. And obviously i've email to ask :smile::smile:
Reply 491
Original post by ImogenWiles96
Considering they've excluded it entirely, my school thinks it should be fine. And obviously i've email to ask :smile::smile:

Yes, it possibly will be fine, but you MUST check first.

It's not uncommon for colleges to allow an irrelevant 4th subject to be dropped. But sometimes they don't...
Reply 492
tumblr_mzz6cfLpLU1rzik3go1_500.jpg

Spoiler

Original post by jneill
Yes, it possibly will be fine, but you MUST check first.

It's not uncommon for colleges to allow an irrelevant 4th subject to be dropped. But sometimes they don't...

I mean its art, so its not like its got any relevance to a Law degree at all so i'm crossing my fingers :smile: thank you
Original post by Penelope..
Great! 3 years and Trinity Hall

:smile: What is going to be your insurance choice do you think, if you don't mind me asking?
Does anyone know if, after you have your results, you decide to defer for health reasons, you are allowed to?
Reply 496
Original post by rayofsunshine98
Does anyone know if, after you have your results, you decide to defer for health reasons, you are allowed to?

If you are considering deferring it's much better to request (or at least discuss) it sooner rather than later.

But yes you can request to defer after results day. They *usually* agree.
Original post by jneill
If you are considering deferring it's much better to request (or at least discuss) it sooner rather than later.

But yes you can request to defer after results day. They *usually* agree.

Thanks for this, i'm pretty sure I won't defer but was just curious
Reply 498
@SteamboatMickey get yourself over here!

:smile:
Original post by rayofsunshine98
Anyone feel like they've suddenly become more productive this week?

I suddenly feel way more motivated to work now that I have a concrete goal I have to achieve

Latest

Trending

Trending