The Student Room Group

Most idiotic course. EVER!

To say I was doing algebra in GCSE. I am now on a level 2 BTEC Workskills and they had me tallying the colour of cars that went past the college!
Reply 1
Original post by College Guy
To say I was doing algebra in GCSE. I am now on a level 2 BTEC Workskills and they had me tallying the colour of cars that went past the college!

BTEC is so easy right?
I've heard a lot about that course, it really baffles me on what the outcome is meant to be when taking it.
Reply 3
wow that is something we did once in primary school!
It's courses like this that (unfairly) give BTECs a bad name...
Original post by CarysJSLewis
It's courses like this that (unfairly) give BTECs a bad name...

No, BTECs get a bad name because they are easier than A levels.
Original post by Willy Pete

I disagree. Not all BTECs are easier than A levels. It's a common misconception that has lead a lot of people on my BTEC IT course to crash and burn. I took the IT BTEC because it actually gives you the opportunity to learn animation software (considering I'll be doing a degree in animation in September), and on my course (can't speak for others) we don't get spoon fed information which is what I experience in my combined English A level. So no, not all BTECs are easier than A levels
I disagree. Not all BTECs are easier than A levels. It's a common misconception that has lead a lot of people on my BTEC IT course to crash and burn. I took the IT BTEC because it actually gives you the opportunity to learn animation software (considering I'll be doing a degree in animation in September), and on my course (can't speak for others) we don't get spoon fed information which is what I experience in my combined English A level. So no, not all BTECs are easier than A levels

You can disagree, but you are still wrong.
You can disagree, but you are still wrong.

Fantastic argument there. Very mature.
Fantastic argument there. Very mature.

Thank you sir, I'm glad you conceded so swiftly.
Well if you do 'hard' A level physics you could sit on your butt and watch a pendulum swinging.if you're going to be silly and reductive about it.

tallying cars could be the basis for teaching how to collect and analyse data

Incorrect. You have failed to progress to the next level. Do not collect £200 when you pass GO.
shush

Quick Reply

Latest