The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

St Andrews Hopefuls 2017

Scroll to see replies

I have a quick question for anyone who could help. I'm an american and i just got my application portal. For the financial section, would i still have to fill that out even though my parents are paid in dollars and not pounds, should i just convert their salaries or would that be confusing for the school. Thanks for any help that can be offered.
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Original post by Marylander98
I have a quick question for anyone who could help. I'm an american and i just got my application portal. For the financial section, would i still have to fill that out even though my parents are paid in dollars and not pounds, should i just convert their salaries or would that be confusing for the school. Thanks for any help that can be offered.

To get a correct response I'd email and ask through St Andrews themselves. On your portal there should be a part where you can 'ask a question' or you can email them through [email protected].
If anyone gets an offer for physics will you post it in here? Also, have RUK students applied for year 2 entry?
Original post by daisysaxelby
If anyone gets an offer for physics will you post it in here? Also, have RUK students applied for year 2 entry?

Hi, I don't know if you were just wondering about physics applicants or not, but as a RUK student, I thought I'd say that I didn't apply for year 2 entry. I applied for year 1 entry psychology :smile:
Hey, I'm applying for English and Italian. I applied a week or two before the christmas break, just wondering whether anyone had heard anything back from the English or Modern Languages department yet as I'm getting stressy about it already, even though I know that realistically I won't be hearing back anytime soon. I already have my results so I don't know whether that will have any bearing on how quickly I'll hear back?
Original post by MidnightKat666
Hi, I don't know if you were just wondering about physics applicants or not, but as a RUK student, I thought I'd say that I didn't apply for year 2 entry. I applied for year 1 entry psychology :smile:

Have you got your psychology offer yet??
Original post by Andrella
Have you got your psychology offer yet??

Not yet, sadly. I'm not giving up hope yet though - this is my first choice. Have you got an offer?
Original post by MidnightKat666
Not yet, sadly. I'm not giving up hope yet though - this is my first choice. Have you got an offer?

Yeah I have but I am a gap year applicant and I was'nt classed as a RUK student , you'll probably get yours soon since the UCAS deadline was yesterday
Reply 528
Hi, does anyone know how long it usually takes for St Andrews to start handing out offers after the ucas deadline?
Course: biological sciences
GCSEs: 3A*, 5A, 2B and 1C
AS levels: Biology A, Geography A, Chemistry B, Maths B
A level predictions: AAA
Extra curricular: Amnesty international, hockey, cross fit, brownie leader, debate club.
Got offers from: St. Andrews, Durham, Edinburgh, Birmingham and Leeds.
Original post by YorkshireLeaver
Course: biological sciences
GCSEs: 3A*, 5A, 2B and 1C
AS levels: Biology A, Geography A, Chemistry B, Maths B
A level predictions: AAA
Extra curricular: Amnesty international, hockey, cross fit, brownie leader, debate club.
Got offers from: St. Andrews, Durham, Edinburgh, Birmingham and Leeds.

Are you a RUK student and when did you get the offers from St Andrews and Edinburgh? :smile:
Original post by edoyle9
Hi, does anyone know how long it usually takes for St Andrews to start handing out offers after the ucas deadline?

I got my offer (unconditional) in mid Feb
Has anyone accepted their offer yet ?
Original post by slothonist
I got my offer (unconditional) in mid Feb

What fee status did/ do you have? February would be great, I just don't want to wait until march ...
(edited 7 years ago)
Has anyone been given maths offers?
Original post by GermanIRhopeful
What fee status did/ do you have? February would be great, I just don't want to wait until march ...

Home - Scotland/EU
Home - Scotland/EU

Amazing, thank you! So did you decide to go to St A? :smile:
Original post by GermanIRhopeful
Amazing, thank you! So did you decide to go to St A? :smile:

No problem! :smile:
Yeeessss, about to start my second semester next week! I get my exam results on Wednesday though so I'm pretty nervous :tongue:

Is St A's your first choice?
No problem! :smile:
Yeeessss, about to start my second semester next week! I get my exam results on Wednesday though so I'm pretty nervous :tongue:

Is St A's your first choice?

Good luck with your results! How do you like St Andrews so far?

Yeah, definitely my first choice (although Edinburgh would be amazing as well :biggrin:). I'm from Germany so I'm an EU applicant - hopefully, I won't have to wait two more months, it's absolutely nerve-wrecking to check UCAS Track all the time ...
Are you from Scotland or EU? And if you are from an EU country, did you have any problems with the language (academic writing etc.)? Sorry for the questions, it's just really interesting :biggrin:
Original post by daisysaxelby

Yeah I'll tag you if I get one, however unlikely that is haha.

I applied for standard entry but I spoke to admissions and they said you can change it to year 2 entry once you get there if you change your mind. Which did you apply for?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending