The Student Room Group

Biggest non-academic regret of your life?

Scroll to see replies

Coming back to TSR.
Original post by ThePricklyOne
My regrets:

Signing up to TSR - yes it should count, 'coz its ruining my life...wah.....:bawling:

Keep an exploitative friendship longer than I should've (shudda dumped the f*cker)

Not doing STEM earlier - when everyone, even astrologer/psychic, said I should.

Learning a musical instrument when young - now I can't play sh*t. So jealous when my mates invited me to their recital where they played cello, violin and piano.

why do you regret signing up to tsr, whats so bad about it|?
Original post by hezzlington
1) you inferred I was calling your friend a con. I posed the question if he is. There is a different.

2) you assume i'm a progressive because...?

1st q ---The word 'con' came up from you. Why doesn't another description come up first? Therefore, in your mind you've already formed the association: astrologer/ psychic = con.

2nd q ----because this kind of attitude comes more from the Progressive / Liberal side than he Right, but I'm open to being wrong.
Original post by CraigBackner
why do you regret signing up to tsr, whats so bad about it|?

LOL already answered. Because it helps me procrastinate which is really BAD when I have assignments/exams to study for....
Original post by ThePricklyOne
1st q ---The word 'con' came up from you. Why doesn't another description come up first? Therefore, in your mind you've already formed the association: astrologer/ psychic = con.

2nd q ----because this kind of attitude comes more from the Progressive / Liberal side than he Right, but I'm open to being wrong.

Does your friend charge people for any of his services?
Nothing, I wanted to do a lot, but never had the money to do so. I would've done a hell of a lot more if my parent could've afforded it.
The year 2016 was so replete with bad decisions that it's basically one big regret. Wish I could start over. :tongue:
Original post by hezzlington
Does your friend charge people for any of his services?

I don't think that's relevant.

If someone is not falsely advertising their services or setting out to trick people into handing over their life savings / inheritance, I don't see a problem.

A builder charges people, and its only wrong if the customer is being ripped off / builder hasn't done the work paid for.

In some cultures, astrologers are paid to provide services at weddings and funerals, and also celebrations (like when someone gets a new job, have a baby etc.).
Tell me why some people feel they have the right to control how other people choose to live their lives?
My second relationship.

I lost a lot of myself to that person, and now more than 3 years on I still don't feel the same. It damaged me in a lot of ways.
For giving up music and singing. I got accepted into a prestigious music course after secondary school and was only one of 4 singers that made the group and I gave it up due to stupid bullies in my group bringing me down. I know now I should have just sucked it up and realised they were shallow and maybe even a tad bitter but I didn't see that at the time and instead, bought into what they said about me and believed it. I've barely sang since.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 30
So where i grow up we had these like kid weddings -it's as stupid as it sounds. BUt at the age of 7 I married some girl called Becca. I regret not kissing her after putting the haribo ring on here. I just kinda hugged her awkwardly :/

Quick Reply

Latest