The Student Room Group

GCSE Maths

How many marks do i need to get in total in my gcse maths to get a grade B
Original post by Zaky17
How many marks do i need to get in total in my gcse maths to get a grade B

Which country are you in and which Awarding Body? Most students are on 9-1 GCSE courses now.
Yeah it's 9-1 from now on and forwards. All exam boards have scrapped the old grading system because they were too easy and too many people where getting As and A*. New GCSE is much harder and involves much more, difficult, problem solving!!
Original post by NothingButWaleed
Yeah it's 9-1 from now on and forwards. All exam boards have scrapped the old grading system because they were too easy and too many people where getting As and A*. New GCSE is much harder and involves much more, difficult, problem solving!!

Not all qualifications have been reformed so it is possible that Zaky17 is studying for a non-numbered course.
Original post by Mr M
Not all qualifications have been reformed so it is possible that Zaky17 is studying for a non-numbered course.

But he asked for Mathematics which definitely has changed to the 9-1 numbering system. This year only Maths and English have been changed but starting from the next academic year all GCSE courses will have been made prevalent to the 9-1 specification!
But he asked for Mathematics which definitely has changed to the 9-1 numbering system. This year only Maths and English have been changed but starting from the next academic year all GCSE courses will have been made prevalent to the 9-1 specification!

The OP could be in Wales for a start. No numbered GCSEs there. He could be taking IGCSE. He could be taking a Legacy GCSE. And so on.
Original post by Mr M
The OP could be in Wales for a start. No numbered GCSEs there. He could be taking IGCSE. He could be taking a Legacy GCSE. And so on.

Maybe...
Reply 7
Original post by Mr M
Which country are you in and which Awarding Body? Most students are on 9-1 GCSE courses now.

Im from the UK and the exam board is AQA
Original post by Zaky17
Im from the UK and the exam board is AQA

Are you in Year 11? If so, you are likely to be taking a numbered GCSE so you won't be able to get a B.
Reply 9

Umm dude im a she not a he...
Reply 10
Original post by Mr M
Are you in Year 11? If so, you are likely to be taking a numbered GCSE so you won't be able to get a B.

Im at college and im retaking my maths, i know it's the whole number thing now i just wanted to know how many marks i would need for the number grdae which is equivilent to a B
Original post by Zaky17
Im at college and im retaking my maths, i know it's the whole number thing now i just wanted to know how many marks i would need for the number grdae which is equivilent to a B

You may not taking a numbered course then. You need to check. It is possible to retake one more time on the old specification. If you do the old specification you will need approximately 50% for a B.
Reply 12
Original post by Mr M
You may not taking a numbered course then. You need to check. It is possible to retake one more time on the old specification. If you do the old specification you will need approximately 50% for a B.

Hmm okay then, thank you Mr M!
Original post by Zaky17
Umm dude im a she not a he...

I never said u where a "he"...
Reply 14
I never said u where a "he"...

Really? check the comments you made, but it doesn't matter

Quick Reply

Latest