The Student Room Group

What's the hardest video game you've played...

that ISNT something blatantly obvious like Dark souls.

I don't play many hard games (im a scrub XD) so for me it's Super Hexagon :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Nothing I've played recently has exactly been hard, but if I had to pick something based on relativity, it had to be Sonic the Hedgehog 2006 back when I was 8😂
Snake birds eventually
Reply 3
Alien isolation-nightmare difficulty :tongue:
Teleglitch: Die More Edition was pretty hard. I've beaten it a few times now, but I still haven't beaten the final boss in under ten seconds.

FTL was tough at first, but it becomes easier once you've got all the events memorised. I have beaten it on Hard mode using the weakest ship outside of the Advanced Edition. (So probably not the hardest game I've ever played!)

Tales of Maj'Eyal is really damn hard. That learning curve just keeps going up and up and up. I've beaten it several times on Normal, and once on Nightmare using one of the strongest race/class combinations. No Insane or Madness wins yet and I doubt I'll ever get there.

Nuclear Throne is also really, really damn hard, but it sorta scales with how good you are at it - it just keeps getting harder the longer you play. Depending on how you define winning, I've either beaten it more times than I can count, or I've never beaten it. The furthest I've got was post-loop Labs.

I like my hard games =P
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 5
This war of mine
Reply 6
leisure suit larry was definitely the hardest
Dawn of War II
Life:colonhash:
Cooking Mama
Worlds hardest game
Rugrats search for Reptar.
Rimworld. The game is a nightmare unless you play with the easy narrator because you need to have a balanced mix of settlers who can perform several tasks each well so you are covered but when one becomes ill or is attacked then you need someone to perform doctor duties and you are going to have several jobs not being done (which is catastrophic if its hunting and you haven't got refrigerating capability with food). The game requires you to prepare for as many threats as possible in short amounts of time. I had the following events happen right after each other causing mayhem:

Pirates with grenades attack my bow and spear equipped settlers, one lost an arm and another an eye (the eye was my hunter so they couldn't aim for ****)

Malaria outbreak, lost all of my medicine to help them live and they were all constantly starving because no food

Rabid animals attack, one of my malaria patients had a mental break down due to extreme pain from injuries and malaria and so I couldn't treat their wounds properly so they got another infection (lol fml)

Malaria goes away but a heatwave comes along, needed to build coolers around so wasted my construction builders role

Pirates attack and I had no proper defenses against them since my builder was preoccupied, 2 were put into hospital for injuries but no permanent damage

Wasted my time building walls and the builder then goes to hospital due to heatstroke since he wasn't building more coolers

My battery blows up and destroys my wind turbine and a load of crops, need to waste time with mining materials and slow construction since my builder is in hospital, also lose a load of corpses since they weren't refrigerated so less long term food supply

Meteor shower inside my base... part of my wall burns down

Pirates attack OH FFS THERE'S A HOLE IN THE WALL
(edited 7 years ago)
Damn came here planning to say dark souls.

Uh
Metal gear rising:revengeance
On revengeance difficulty
Super Meat Boy
Contra
Civilization.
QWOP

To this day, I still can barely play it :laugh:
Kerbal Space Program.

You can take off, spend 2 hours getting to a planet... Then realize "No heat shield :angry:"
Impossible Quiz :angry:
A Pixel Story... and I completed all the challenge rooms. That and Top Hat Willy years ago on the Amiga.

Quick Reply

Latest