The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

really difficult situation

Hi everyone i'm really stuck on what to do. Basically i sadly failed my GCSE maths re sit and now i have to wait till June to do it again. This means i have wait longer to respond to my offers from my uni choices. All my unis have given me conditional offers expect one which is Staffordshire which has given me a unconditional offer if i made them my firm. The uni i would preferably like to go is Manchester metropolitan but they want a C in maths at least. The Staffordshire offer mentioned nothing about maths and just wanted me to pass my BTEC which i can do very easily i'm predicted a D*DD. so should i make Staffordshire my insurance and Manchester met my firm? If i do end up failing again which i pray i don't but Staffordshire is giving me a great way out if i do.
If Staffordshire has said the unconditional offer must be your firm then making them your insurance may not work as they may then say it it conditional. There are not many Unis who will accept you without the basic GCSE maths. Check carefully regarding the basic requirements for entry as well as the specifics for your course. If in doubt I would call up the admissions office and carefully check the requirements for each course before making your choice.
Would your school / college offer any extra help or tuition with the GSCE maths to ensure you pass it? Is there any way of having a private tutor for a few hours to really help you work on any weak areas?
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Reply 2
Original post by Mulligan
If Staffordshire has said the unconditional offer must be your firm then making them your insurance may not work as they may then say it it conditional. There are not many Unis who will accept you without the basic GCSE maths. Check carefully regarding the basic requirements for entry as well as the specifics for your course. If in doubt I would call up the admissions office and carefully check the requirements for each course before making your choice.
Would your school / college offer any extra help or tuition with the GSCE maths to ensure you pass it? Is there any way of having a private tutor for a few hours to really help you work on any weak areas?
i checked the website and it mentions nothing about maths
Screenshot_20170113-125827.jpg
I'd still check and also ask them if you can make them your insurance and still have the unconditional offer because you said it stated they have to be you firm, It may be that the offer is unconditional to ensure you go there so they their numbers right away.
Original post by Adeebx
i checked the website and it mentions nothing about maths
Screenshot_20170113-125827.jpg

Original post by Mulligan
I'd still check and also ask them if you can make them your insurance and still have the unconditional offer because you said it stated they have to be you firm, It may be that the offer is unconditional to ensure you go there so they their numbers right away.

@Mulligan is right, it is definitely worth checking with Staffordshire regarding the conditions of your offer. That way you can be sure that you are making the right informed decision regarding your choices.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending