The Student Room Group

Banned calculator?

I'm currently doing the ocr fsmq, I am in year 11. I have bought a graphical calculator but I'm wondering of I will be allowed to use it. It is the: ti nspire cas. It was as Christmas present and I have used it in class however I don't want to be caught out in the exam
You're going to get the response you want when you post this in the relationship section. Try to post this in the maths section or ask a mod to move this thread
Reply 2
Original post by harrygardner
I'm currently doing the ocr fsmq, I am in year 11. I have bought a graphical calculator but I'm wondering of I will be allowed to use it. It is the: ti nspire cas. It was as Christmas present and I have used it in class however I don't want to be caught out in the exam
You should talk to her and ask how she feels - we can't really help you here because we don't know what's going on in either of your heads.
Reply 3

Check your uni regulations for examinations, generally there is a separate document with a list of allowed calculators.
They are allowed. I've used them in exams. Invigilators didn't give a damn.
Don't even think about cheating with them.

While many graphical calculators are OK for all exams, Calculators with CAS capabilities ARE NOT allowed in any GCSE, Add Maths or A level exams.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
CAS means it's capable of computer algebra, so it's not allowed.
Original post by Tootles
You should talk to her and ask how she feels - we can't really help you here because we don't know what's going on in either of your heads.

Wrong thread mate

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending