The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by saffybonbon
I suddenly feel way more motivated to work now that I have a concrete goal I have to achieve

me too!
Original post by rayofsunshine98
me too!

I'm just waiting to see how long it lasts for :wink:
Original post by saffybonbon
I suddenly feel way more motivated to work now that I have a concrete goal I have to achieve

Me too. My mocks have went pretty well so far and my revision has gone into overdrive. Good feeling.
Idk what to write back in my letter to say I want to accept lmao
Does anyone know if, after you have your results, you decide to defer for health reasons, you are allowed to?

Original post by jneill
If you are considering deferring it's much better to request (or at least discuss) it sooner rather than later.

But yes you can request to defer after results day. They *usually* agree.

Didn't Platopus (sp?) find themselves in a situation like this last year?
Original post by vincrows
Yeah, there're much more cases of bike light theft than bike theft.....
My daughter always carried her bike light (an extra, stronger one she bought. Not the one that's already on the bike) and fixed it on only when she needed it and unscrewed it when she parks it in the town.

I took my front one off but didnt bother with tbe back one 😂
Reply 506
Original post by threeportdrift
Didn't Platopus (sp?) find themselves in a situation like this last year?

Yes @Platopus. :smile:
Does anyone know if, after you have your results, you decide to defer for health reasons, you are allowed to?

Hi there, I met my offer for 2016 entry last year, but had to defer as Jneill says, for health reasons. I guess it would depend how extreme your situation is. Over the summer following my exams, I rapidly became very severely ill and there was absolutely no question of me going to university this year. The university has a 'fitness to study' protocol, so if you are very unwell then they actually should not allow you to attend and will offer you a deferral. My college was extremely kind about it, but you should contact your college asap to let them know what is happening. If you are sick enough to want to defer, then I assume you are not currently at school or in a position to take your upcoming exams. This will make your situation different from mine, as I did complete my A levels last year. I don't know whether this will effect the status of your offer or not. Ihope you get well :smile:
Original post by Sanaa SurnamE

no way, another vet med person! So lucky this was on the most recent page haha
Where else are you thinking of going? tbh i think it's a myth that oxbridge is so much more different socially than any other uni
what college did you get into ? x

Emmanuel, what about you? Yeah possibly although nightlife maybe not as good? Thinking of Edinburgh possibly but probably jinxed myself and won't get an offer there now!! Interview there 1st match so ages away. Where else did you apply/ thinking of going?
Reply 509
Original post by Platopus
Hi there, I met my offer for 2016 entry last year, but had to defer as Jneill says, for health reasons. I guess it would depend how extreme your situation is. Over the summer following my exams, I rapidly became very severely ill and there was absolutely no question of me going to university this year. The university has a 'fitness to study' protocol, so if you are very unwell then they actually should not allow you to attend and will offer you a deferral. My college was extremely kind about it, but you should contact your college asap to let them know what is happening. If you are sick enough to want to defer, then I assume you are not currently at school or in a position to take your upcoming exams. This will make your situation different from mine, as I did complete my A levels last year. I don't know whether this will effect the status of your offer or not. Ihope you get well :smile:

Thanks for the update :smile:

Do you mind if I also remind the thread about how high you self-scored your (succesful) interview?
Original post by edanski
Emma ftw :wink: you in the facebook chat?

Oooh I'm Emmanuel too where is the fb chat?
Original post by jneill
Thanks for the update :smile:

Do you mind if I also remind the thread about how high you self-scored your (succesful) interview?

Haha I don't mind go ahead :smile: just happy I didn't have to re live the interview experience this year!
Reply 512
Haha I don't mind go ahead :smile: just happy I didn't have to re live the interview experience this year!

So, fyi @SteamboatMickey, and everyone else.. Plato rated herself a 1 for her interview last year. And she's now a Cambridge place holder.

I couldn't be prouder :smile:
Original post by jneill
So, fyi @SteamboatMickey, and everyone else.. Plato rated herself a 1 for her interview last year. And she's now a Cambridge place holder.

I couldn't be prouder :smile:

You're way too nice, stop!! Wish I could rep you right now... Annoying site.
You're way too nice, stop!! Wish I could rep you right now... Annoying site.

May I ask which subject?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by vinnie99
May I ask which subject?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Philosophy (the username is a bit of a clue: Plato + Platypus = Platopus)
Philosophy (the username is a bit of a clue: Plato + Platypus = Platopus)

Well could be Natsci Bio if Platypus :wink:
But well done nonetheless on getting the results last year, and hope you're enjoying a year of no exams

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by vinnie99
Well could be Natsci Bio if Platypus :wink:
But well done nonetheless on getting the results last year, and hope you're enjoying a year of no exams

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah thank you. Not sure if enjoy is the right word... Unfortunately, this year has so far been 1000 X more unpleasant for me than A levels ever were. But, things are certainly improving.

And natsci? Shudder. Science, my old foe...
Ah thank you. Not sure if enjoy is the right word... Unfortunately, this year has so far been 1000 X more unpleasant for me than A levels ever were. But, things are certainly improving.

And natsci? Shudder. Science, my old foe...

good luck with the rest of your year :smile:
I know you have other stuff going on, but as a general comment from someone else on a gap year I really miss educational structure in my life.. as in waking up and going to college every day and having teachers to talk to, will probably swing to the polar opposite once I get to Cambridge tho...
Original post by k.russell
good luck with the rest of your year :smile:
I know you have other stuff going on, but as a general comment from someone else on a gap year I really miss educational structure in my life.. as in waking up and going to college every day and having teachers to talk to, will probably swing to the polar opposite once I get to Cambridge tho...

I get that, too! I feel really jealous of all my friends (and twin brother!) at uni right now. It feels as though we have years to wait until October :frown: I'm probably mad, but I look forward to starting uni every day. No doubt I will see things differently once I am actually there haha.

Latest

Trending

Trending