Scroll to see replies

Original post by Xiuchen
I didn't get an offer.

Tough luck :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5361
Original post by Xiuchen
I didn't get an offer.

Sorry to hear that :frown: What did you apply for?

Its okay, Cambridge was a long shot anyways.

Original post by eg09
Sorry to hear that :frown: What did you apply for?

I applied for Natural Sciences
Original post by Xiuchen
I didn't get an offer.

:console:
Reply 5364
Original post by Xiuchen
Its okay, Cambridge was a long shot anyways.

I applied for Natural Sciences

Ah that is a very competitive course. I applied for economics but got rejected from Girton :frown:
Original post by wolfmoon88
:console:
Thank you I appreciate that virtual hug.

Original post by eg09
Ah that is a very competitive course. I applied for economics but got rejected from Girton :frown:

Aw, everything at Cambridge is competitive!! I regret doing so many things right now, and the horrific memories of the interview are coming back to me... :'(
Original post by eg09
It'll surely be harder to do a postgrad at Cambridge if you didn't do undergrad there.

No it will not hold you back AT ALL.

Offer rate for postgrad applicants for masters at Cambridge:
Imperial 33.5%
LSE 31.4%
Surrey 27.7%
Warwick 34.2%
Original post by jneill

Imperial 33.5%
LSE 31.4%
Surrey 27.7%
Warwick 34.2%

What about Durham?
Reply 5368
Original post by Xiuchen

Aw, everything at Cambridge is competitive!! I regret doing so many things right now, and the horrific memories of the interview are coming back to me... :'(

Yeah that's true. My first interviews went quite well at Jesus, then I got pooled and had more interviews which were just a train wreck. I also regret how I made myself sound so stupid in the interviews!
Original post by jamestg
What about Durham?

37.2%
Original post by eg09
Yeah that's true. My first interviews went quite well at Jesus, then I got pooled and had more interviews which were just a train wreck. I also regret how I made myself sound so stupid in the interviews!

Oh, usually being pooled means that you're good enough to go there, and they want you, but they don't have enough places :smile: I wonder if I was pooled and not fished or not...
Reply 5371
Original post by jneill

Imperial 33.5%
LSE 31.4%
Surrey 27.7%
Warwick 34.2%

Oh thank you, that is interesting.
Original post by jneill
37.2%

St Andrews?

And where do you get these statistics?

plus I forgot to ask this but do you have the statistics of where American students are most likely to study in the UK? I remember you posting it somewhere on tsr but I forgot where.
Reply 5373
Original post by Xiuchen
Oh, usually being pooled means that you're good enough to go there, and they want you, but they don't have enough places :smile: I wonder if I was pooled and not fished or not...

I hope that's the case! Yes it would be nice to know whether they were really close to giving you an offer!!
Original post by Xiuchen
I didn't get an offer.

I'm sorry to hear that. Hope you're okay ☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by epsilondelta
I'm sorry to hear that. Hope you're okay ☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm okay :smile: Cambridge's course seemed perfect, but I've been hoping for the best while mentally preparing for rejection.
Original post by Xiuchen
I didn't get an offer.

Sorry to hear. :frown:
Original post by fablereader
Sorry to hear. :frown:

my dreams have been destroyed... I just gotta move on with life and stay positive :smile:
Original post by Xiuchen

:hugs:

Are you considering reapplication?
Original post by wolfmoon88
:hugs:

Are you considering reapplication?

Not really, I'll be either going to UCL or Imperial which will be pretty cool! :smile: London will be quite different from Cambridge, I do prefer Cambridge, but London offers a whole other set of opportunities, and it'll be great! :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending