The Student Room Group

So there is this girl....

So Im in university, living in student accommodation and there is this girl who I think might be interested in me but Im just not quite sure. We talk in the kitchen a lot, smile, and all that stuff. But I just cannot pin point if she is interested in me. Here are a few things that make me think she is interested and not can I get advice on this?

The good things:
-Smiles
-She always times when I am in the kitchen, so she can come and talk to me
-When we talk she always fidgets with her hair, and feels her neck.
-Her voice always pitches high when she talks to me.
-I recently came back from holiday break and had not seen her in a while, we were in the kitchen and spoke for like 2 hours. There was a point mid conversation where I said I need to go and do some work, then she quickly changed the topic to try and keep me in the kitchen and talk with her more, which she was successful with.
-1 time she asked me what I was going to do over the weekend and I said revise, and I could clearly see she was being hesitant to ask me if I wanted to go with her somewhere. Maybe a date?
-When we talk she always keep here eyes peeled on be but when I look at her she looks away, and she crosses her legs and sits in a weird position
-She laughs at all my jokes, even ones that are not funny at all.

The bad/confusing things:
-Some days in the kitchen we never talk, which confuses me alot, as she always talks to me for hours on end.
-She hasnt given me her number? (Although Im to nervous to ask for it lmao)
-She never messages me or anything I have her on FB, and she never knocks on my door when she needs someone to talk to. (Shall I say socially engage with someone?)
-I feel like she is one of those socially awkward people who likes a guy, understand what I mean kinda?
-We have not gone out together, nor like had any physical contact.
-I feel like im going crazy over analyzing Aahahaha!

But yeah thats it so far. If someone could read through this and tell me their thoughts that would be nice :smile: Im new to the uni experience and never had a GF, so its rather exciting lol.
Reply 1
Usually when a story starts with "so...." I can smell friend zone already and it sounds like you could be heading right into it if you don't do anything.

A lot of those things you listed like smiling, playing with her hair, being interested in your holiday, laughing are things that many girls do, it's just normal behaviour. I really think you're looking into this way too much, overanalysing behaviours that are rather trivial instead on focusing on trying to get her number or ask her out.

Original post by Anonymous

-Some days in the kitchen we never talk, which confuses me alot, as she always talks to me for hours on end.

You don't have to talk for hours every day though.

-She hasnt given me her number? (Although Im to nervous to ask for it lmao)

Ask for her number then. She's not just going to give it to you if you don't ask.

-She never messages me or anything I have her on FB, and she never knocks on my door when she needs someone to talk to. (Shall I say socially engage with someone?)

Talk to her then! Make the first move.

-I feel like she is one of those socially awkward people who likes a guy, understand what I mean kinda?

Maybe, but every girl behaves differently.

-We have not gone out together, nor like had any physical contact.
l.

Ask her out then! This is the big issue here, you're not asking her out hence why you're so confused over her feelings towards you. You would really know if she's interested if you ask her out for a meal or drinks and she says yes. You're playing it too safe, you need to take risks if you really want to find out if she likes you. Don't be too passive and stop analysing her behaviour.
(edited 7 years ago)
You're analysing too much. Grow a pair and take a gamble. 'That's a really nice dress, you have great legs'.

Say it jokingly and if she doesn't play ball you don't look sad.
Reply 3
Original post by TheExtrovertGod
You're analysing too much. Grow a pair and take a gamble. 'That's a really nice dress, you have great legs'.

Say it jokingly and if she doesn't play ball you don't look sad.

I think I'll just see how things go on. Maybe shes not interested in me and im just overthinking it. But yeah I should take a risk
Reply 4
Original post by UWS
Usually when a story starts with "so...." I can smell friend zone already and it sounds like you could be heading right into it if you don't do anything.

A lot of those things you listed like smiling, playing with her hair, being interested in your holiday, laughing are things that many girls do, it's just normal behaviour. I really think you're looking into this way too much, overanalysing behaviours that are rather trivial instead on focusing on trying to get her number or ask her out.

You don't have to talk for hours every day though.

Ask for her number then. She's not just going to give it to you if you don't ask.

Talk to her then! Make the first move.

Maybe, but every girl behaves differently.

Ask her out then! This is the big issue here, you're not asking her out hence why you're so confused over her feelings towards you. You would really know if she's interested if you ask her out for a meal or drinks and she says yes. You're playing it too safe, you need to take risks if you really want to find out if she likes you. Don't be too passive and stop analysing her behaviour.

I will see how things progress and wait for the right moment. I do not want to be in a situation, where she is actually not interested in me at all and I ask her out and she says no then I have to live the rest of the year in complete awkwardness.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending