The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
If you're his friend you shouldn't try to push him off because of competition, instead support him like a friend would.
Reply 2
Is this what being a "good friend" is to kids?

Me and my friend applied to the same course at the same uni too and both helped each other prepare for interviews.

Please stop calling him your good friend lmao.
Focus on your GCSE's lol.
Original post by PeetaRJ
I plan to do Biological Sciences or Biochemistry at Imperial. My friend also wants to do Biochemistry at Imperial (if he feels his grades aren't good enough for Medicine). I am predicted better grades than him and have better GCSEs and better potential. I am also far ahead of him extra curricular wise. He wants me to bring him into my extra curricular activities relating to my desired courses. I do not what to do because he is my good friend of 6 years but I see him as competition to the already limited places for the courses that are available worldwide so would it be right to not help his chances? What should I do?

I have never gone through this so I'm sorry if my reply is not what you're looking for...
You can help him out but explain to him that if he is struggling with the simple stuff now he might not be able to do the hard parts of the course later ..

Just a question though... Why don't you study medicine instead if you have a better potential?

Good luck with whatever you decide to do
Original post by Pikachū

Me and my friend applied to the same course at the same uni too and both helped each other prepare for interviews.

That's so nice non of my friends will go to the university I am going to :frown: .. none are interested in the course even :bawling:
Reply 6
Original post by LaylaM99
I have never gone through this so I'm sorry if my reply is not what you're looking for...
You can help him out but explain to him that if he is struggling with the simple stuff now he might not be able to do the hard parts of the course later ..

Just a question though... Why don't you study medicine instead if you have a better potential?

Good luck with whatever you decide to do

Thanks for the help. To answer your question, I prefer myself as scientific researcher working on biological and biochemical systems, rather than a practical doctor or GP etc directly treating patients.
Reply 7
Original post by l'etranger
Focus on your GCSE's lol.

Apologies, I'm in Year 12.
lmao what the hell is this?
Reply 9
Original post by Pikachū

I hear that but I would selfishly like to make my chances easier :smile:
Original post by PeetaRJ
I hear that but I would selfishly like to make my chances easier :smile:

That's ok, just stop pretending like you're a "good friend".
Original post by PeetaRJ
Thanks for the help. To answer your question, I prefer myself as scientific researcher working on biological and biochemical systems, rather than a practical doctor or GP etc directly treating patients.

Oh alright, that's nice

Hope it goes well.
Guys why is everyone attacking her/ him.. the person simply asked a question, either answer and help her or simply ignore it and move on with your day... Damn
There will probably be 10+ people applying for every place you're applying for whether or not your friend applies; it really doesn't make a difference. Hope you both get in!
Reply 14
Posted from TSR Mobile

I can't argue with that, I was a good friend but I feel like I've been putting others first for a long time and I really want this.
Reply 15
Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks mate, not a problem I will take the thoughts and opinions. Any is much useful than none.
Reply 16
Posted from TSR Mobile

Best reply here so far and very valid. I guess so, might as well help him...
Haha that's what I felt like when me and my friend were applying to same internship place. I got the place and she didn't and to be honest it wasn't a happy feeling for me.

Please try to ignore such negativity, at the end of the day its ourself that will be a petty person. Life is much more bigger than feeling envious towards same career-aspiring friend.

I hope you both get the place. Good luck.
Original post by Anonymous
Guys why is everyone attacking her/ him.. the person simply asked a question, either answer and help her or simply ignore it and move on with your day... Damn

I believe they were struck about what a good friend is and how insufferable he made himself sound Not unrelated to what was posted..

OP if you dont want to help then dont , but stop pretending they are your friend. Considering how superior you say you are then I cant see the threat.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by PeetaRJ
I plan to do Biological Sciences or Biochemistry at Imperial. My friend also wants to do Biochemistry at Imperial (if he feels his grades aren't good enough for Medicine).
I am predicted better grades than him and have better GCSEs and better potential. I am also far ahead of him extra curricular wise. He wants me to bring him into my extra curricular activities relating to my desired courses. I do not what to do because he is my good friend of 6 years but I see him as competition to the already limited places for the courses that are available worldwide so would it be right to not help his chances? What should I do?

Edit: We're both in Year 12. I study Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Maths, and him the same but WITHOUT Maths.

This blows my mind. What kind of friendship is this?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending